2009 - 2014 F-150

Need advice on buying experience with Ford

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advice on buying experience with Ford

I ordered a 2010 FX4 SCrew from my local dealer. I got a call on 09-29-09 that it was in. I planned on checking it out that day then taking delivery on 09-30-09. Before I went to the dealer I called Ford direct to see if there were any other rebates or offers I qualified for (got the college grad and owner loyalty rebates that way in the past). I was transferred to the marketing department where a lady took my name and address. She said that I did qualify for an in-direct offer that was a $750 rebate and it expires on 09-30-09. She gave me an offer number and certificate number.

So I go to the dealer and they can't pull up that offer. I call Ford marketing back and speak with someone else. They also take my name and address but say they can't find any the rebate. I give him the certificate number and he says it is for someone with my last name and same city, but not same address. He apologized and said there was nothing he could do, I don't get the rebate. I asked for a supervisor but it was after 5pm, I'd have to call back tomorrow.

I reach a supervisor the next day and she tells me the same thing, nothing they could do. She did offer an X-Plan pin but I the price I was getting was slightly below X-Plan so it would do me no good. I asked if there was anyone higher up I could speak too, and she said I would get the same response.

To their credit, everyone was very apologetic and professional (other than telling me I had a $750 rebate). I remained calm also, but was persistent to resolve the issue.

It didn't stop me from getting the truck, but I don't think I should let the issue die. Any advice otherwise? Any other way to complain other than the customer service number?

Thanks!

Old 10-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No. You bought the truck even without knowledge of this phantom $750, so you must have like the deal you got in first place without the later $750. Don't be a piker. Just take the new truck and enjoy it. Good luck!

And move on.

Last edited by johnwill; 10-02-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:36 PM
I have never ordered a truck from the factory so I do not know but, I would think that the "deal" is done once you sign the order sheet, no?
It is always to your advantage to buy off the dealers lot, Pricewise, anyway. The dealerships will "work" harder to find price breaks that don't cost them anything if your taking inventory from their stock.
I know it's time consuming and a lot of work to buy a new vehicle and more than once I have said "OK" to a deal because I was just tired of the "fight" but never before I said no and walked out at least once (the worst I ever did by walking out was 1000 better trade-in). You risk having to spend another day working a deal to walk but at least you know when you've gotten to the bottom line (at least real close). If you order from the factory do you have to put a deposit down? or sign a contract? are you bound to the order? I guess that would be like buying a truck without a test drive....bottom line is I think you are out of luck on the 750.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Nope, just let it die. The first lady made an honest mistake, not some sort of bait n' switch scam. Unfortunate but not the end of the world. Like the other poster said, you already settled on the price, would have been sweet to get a bonus $750 but looks like it wasn't in the cards so let it go.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:08 AM
yep let it go...but congrats on the new truck!

Old 10-03-2009, 01:40 AM
For a 2010 FX4... I would not worry over $750.

Quick Reply: Need advice on buying experience with Ford