2009 - 2014 F-150

There must be a manual over ride.........

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StickyF150
I do not think that the "Auto-Sensing" rain wipers are an available option on the 2009 Lariat. I just looked over the website and could not find anything and my Lariat has every option available.

Those "Auto-Sensing" wipers are only on Platinum's as far as i know...

Good luck, let us know what the dealership says!
A Platinum is a Lariat, but with the "Platinum Package."

Yes, only the Plat has rain sensing wipers. Thanks

Old 01-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnwill
A Platinum is a Lariat, but with the "Platinum Package."

Yes, only the Plat has rain sensing wipers. Thanks
Really.. Wow!! That was implied. Most of the members on the site who know something about the F150 lineup know that. Thanks

With that said. There classified separately on the ford vehicles website where you can compare options.. Just because the Platinum is an upgraded Lariat, does not mean the "Auto-Sensing" wipers are available.

So again... As far as I know there only on Platinum's..

Sorry for the reiteration of my previous post! So my intention from the previous post should be crystal now..

Old 01-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StickyF150
Really.. Wow!! That was implied. Most of the members on the site who know something about the F150 lineup know that. Thanks

With that said. There classified separately on the ford vehicles website where you can compare options.. Just because the Platinum is an upgraded Lariat, does not mean the "Auto-Sensing" wipers are available.

So again... As far as I know there only on Platinum's..

Sorry for the reiteration of my previous post! So my intention from the previous post should be crystal now..
No need to lecture me cowboy. I was just trying to help. If you were as smart as you think, you would not have been asking the question wonderboy. Thanks

Old 01-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by johnwill
No need to lecture me cowboy. I was just trying to help. If you were as smart as you think, you would not have been asking the question wonderboy. Thanks
Well assuming that you read the entire post it is not my question, nor did i ask a question in my response. Nice try!

FYI: Wonder Boy is (2) words!

Old 01-25-2010, 06:52 AM
it never occurred to you to just turn on your wipers?

Old 01-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Deano-FX4
it never occurred to you to just turn on your wipers?
+1...my Platinum has the rain sensing wipers AND two manual positions, high and low for manual operation. The Lariat should have several intermittent settings and both a manual low and manual high setting...that's how my '05 Lariat was anyway.

FWIW, I always keep my rain sensing wipers in the "most sensitive" position and even with a windshield full of dew 1st thing in the morning they take a bit to come on. Once they are working though, they are very responsive and speed up/slow down as they should. Sometimes I have to manually turn them off as the rain sensor will react to the "afterwipe" that vey thin layer of water vapor that generally evaporates after the blades have wiped...the sensor reacts to it then wipes again, then reacts again, etc.

Quick Reply: There must be a manual over ride.........