2009 - 2014 F-150

Teflon paint protection

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teflon paint protection

I know a guy that does this Teflon coating to protect the paint. Does anybody have any experience with this stuff. According to him you don't have to wash or wax the vehicle, just rinse it off with water and it's looks like a new wax job.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I knew a young lady that was talked into that stuff by her dealer when she bought the car. IMHO, it performed no better than regular wax. A simple hose-off will never replace a quality wash job. Steer clear.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by dlsipe1
I knew a young lady that was talked into that stuff by her dealer when she bought the car. IMHO, it performed no better than regular wax. A simple hose-off will never replace a quality wash job. Steer clear.
Agree...

Look at chemicalguys.com

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Mobile_D..._p/hol_101.htm

I have used this after claying my truck. The sealant and wax combo is really super glossy. The sealant is supposed to last 6 months. I used one kit to seal and wax 2 cars and my truck. 2 layers of each product was appied to each vehical. Good stuff.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:43 PM
check out the care & detailing forum you will see its nothing but snake oil and a huge profit for the dealer for nothing do it yourself.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:01 PM
I called DuPont directly on this a few years ago when we had bad paint on the DW's Tahoe. I thought it might help. DuPont said that unless the teflon is part of the paint composition it is no good. Surface application is only good if it is baked to the surface, which requires 1200 degrees. That would burn the paint and destroy all plastics, too. Call them up.... real easy to talk to.

Quick Reply: Teflon paint protection