2009 - 2014 F-150

Center console trim?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Center console trim?

Friends,

I have managed to damage the finish on my 2009 F-150 FX4 center console trim. I appears to be one giant piece of plastic that incorporates the rear cup holders and wraps all the way around to the front of the dash. The console lid actually closes down on this trim. Does anyone know where I can find an exploded view of the center console? I may try to take it apart and refinish it but most likely I will try to find a new one. Also, anyone have any idea how much something like this might cost?

Old 10-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Did you get the package with the pigtail, fuse, and relay when you bought your FX4? The dealer should have left in the glove box or the center console compartment. The instructions in there, near the last page, tell you how to remove the trim piece you are talking about and the rest of the center console.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by 09GrayFx4
Friends,

I have managed to damage the finish on my 2009 F-150 FX4 center console trim. I appears to be one giant piece of plastic that incorporates the rear cup holders and wraps all the way around to the front of the dash. The console lid actually closes down on this trim. Does anyone know where I can find an exploded view of the center console? I may try to take it apart and refinish it but most likely I will try to find a new one. Also, anyone have any idea how much something like this might cost?
If you PM me your email address, I can email you the instructions in a .pdf format on how to remove the console. It's a very easy process.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by ibcop
If you PM me your email address, I can email you the instructions in a .pdf format on how to remove the console. It's a very easy process.
I could have used that myself earlier today. I removed all those trim pieces to install my integrated trailer brake controller. That's what I like about this forum - people helping out others.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by hemigod
Did you get the package with the pigtail, fuse, and relay when you bought your FX4? The dealer should have left in the glove box or the center console compartment. The instructions in there, near the last page, tell you how to remove the trim piece you are talking about and the rest of the center console.

I'll be honest, I did get the clear bag with all that inside but I have yet to open it. I have hardly driven the truck much less anything else. Imagine my anger when the trim was damaged!

<ibcop> - I must have missed your post by a few seconds. I tried to pm you but it appears you are not accepting offline messages; however, I would really like to have the .pdf instructions. If you would please, pm me with your email address and then I will reply with mine.

Thanks for the replies and advice.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:42 PM
That clear bag has what you are looking for inside. Next to last page. Be careful when pulling that part of the console off. It doesn't come off as easy as the other trim parts. Anything in the bin or cup holders will go flying.

Here's my comments to supplement the instructions in that clear bag... If you just want to remove the top trim piece, you might be able to get away with just doing a couple of these steps - I was putting in a trailer brake controller when I wrote them. If you're removing the entire console, then you want to do these steps and some more. You probably don't need to remove the bolts in the back for instance if you're just trying to remove the trim piece.

As per the instuctions that come with the pigtail, fuse and relay, move the front seats all the way forward.

Remove the two screws that mount the rear of the console per the instructions.

Move the front seats all the way backward.

Remove the driver side bottom trim panel at bottom in the footwell as illustrated in the instructions. On my FX4 there was no finish moulding push pin retainer. It comes off easy.

Remove the passenger side bottom trim panel in the passenger footwell per the instructions. This part also comes off very easy.

Remove the bottom trim panel in the center stack per the instructions. This pops off really easy. Be careful not to scratch anything. I pryed with a small screwdriver blade wrapped in cloth.

Behind this panel are two bolts. Remove them as per the instructions.

At this point you can pull up on the sides of the floor console upper finish panel and from inside the storage compartment and remove the panel that goes around the shifter and contains the cupholders. The instructions have a picture of how to do this. This part is all one piece and mine came out hard. Make sure you don't have anything in the cupholders or the compartment in front of the shifter because it won't be there when you're done.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:45 PM
<hemigod> - thanks for the additional info. I will print this and use it when I tear into the repair. Now I just need to find a replacement piece. I guess the best thing is to take a picture of the trim piece and go straight to the Ford parts counter. Being a 2009, I can't imagine finding this anywhere else. There is no telling how much they want for it. Anyone know a part number for this trim piece or how much it might cost?

Quick Reply: Center console trim?