2009 - 2014 F-150

Some quick mods for my new 09 FX4

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some quick mods for my new 09 FX4

I got a trailer brake controller and locking fuel plug from Tasca. I also installed a DBS bug screen.

A couple of pics of the trailer brake controller I installed. About $224 from TascaFordParts.com, $50 for my dealership to program it.

A couple of pics of my DBS bug screen. About $27-$28 with shipping. Nice people to deal with.

Locking fuel plug purchased from TascaFordParts.com. About $17

Last, a pic of my 2009 FX4 truck basking in the glow of an autumn sun. Priceless.

NEXT MOD: The black replacements for the ugly orange reflectors are on order from Tasca.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:07 PM
What's the part # on the TBC and how hard of an install was it?

Old 10-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by SFCFX4
Part number is 9L3Z-2C006-A

Very easy to do. Pull off the silver dash trim, then undo a few screws holding the bin into place, plug in the TBC, put the dash trim piece back. GO to dealer to have it programed.

Note: You must have the towing package/max towing packlage from the factory if you want to add the TBC afterward.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:26 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Nice mods man and very nice truck!

Old 10-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Nice mods man and very nice truck!
Thanks for the compliments.

Originally Posted by blackjack8900
Part number is 9L3Z-2C006-A

Very easy to do. Pull off the silver dash trim, then undo a few screws holding the bin into place, plug in the TBC, put the dash trim piece back. GO to dealer to have it programed.

Note: You must have the towing package/max towing packlage from the factory if you want to add the TBC afterward.
Like blackjack says, its a 10 minute or less job if you don't have the flow through console.

And like blackjack says, you'll need to go to your dealer to have it programmed once it's installed. Here's a link to a thread with the programming instructions for your dealer:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...ontroller.html

Originally Posted by SFCFX4
Your FX4 has the flow through console, so it's a little bit more work, but surprisingly not bad. You need to loosen up the console so you can move it back to expose a bottom bolt that holds the trim piece on. ibcop has an exploded view diagram of the console, and the instructions that come in the bag with the fuse, relay, and pigtail show you how to do it. You can skip the part about disconnecting the shift linkage, you don't need to do that to move the console back. The instructions are on the next to last page. I wrote up some supplemental instructions to go with the instructions in the pigtail package.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...ariat-tbc.html

If you decide to do it, let me know and I'll try to help you through it.

I bought mine at TascaFordParts.com

Last edited by hemigod; 10-27-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Thank TruckGuy

Quick Reply: Some quick mods for my new 09 FX4