2009 - 2014 F-150

New member, new 2010 owner.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member, new 2010 owner.

Whats up guys...new to this site. Been into fords and modding them for a few years now, but just decided to join up here since the new purchase. I used to be an active member over at fordtruckworld, but haven't been on any of the truck forums much lately.

Anyway, just picked up a pearl white 2010 lariat crew cab 2 weeks back and found a lot of links to this site through google while looking for mods already. So I figured I should join up, introduce myself and start posting again!

So far, the truck is stock...but it wont be that way for long. Waiting on UPS to get here with my new magnaflow cat-back system, and new grill (not fond of the chrome on the lariat, so I picked up a black plastic XL grill that I'm going to get painted to match). After those things are done, I will probably do a 2" leveling kit new wheels, andd 33's...not going wild with this truck, I bought this one because I wanted something a little more practical than the two that I just traded in. After the lift and tires, I want to get a set of the harley/raptor headlights and tail lights...and then start pinching pennies for a blower kit (if one ever comes out!), already talked to roush, kenne bell, whipple and Saleen...and nothing looking good for the near future, but eventually there has to be something on the market.

I know these are bad pics, but they are the only ones I have right now...I'm really excited to be starting a new project with a blank canvas. The plan with this one is something to pull the toys to the dunes, something to do a little bit of racing against other trucks on the dunes, and something I can still drive every day. I almost came home with a Raptor, but I wasn't happy to see they weren't offering the A plan..and I wanted a crew cab.

and here are the two I got rid of to get the new toy...

04 F-250 Diesel, 8" superlift on 20x10 XD monsters with 38x15.5 Mickey Thompson MTZ's.

Had this one for a little over 2 years and loved it, but it was a little too big to be practical anymore. I do kinda miss it already, but like I said...the new one is much more practical and will be a fun project too.

And here is the other one....1999 F-150 XLT, tons of mods....bought this one back in 2002 when I was a senior in highschool, and started tinkering with it the day I got it home. Got a little bored with the project, so I started driving it again every day and using it for a work truck...it was fun while it lasted, but a MAJOR money pit.

Again, looking forward to doing a lot of reading and a bit of posting here...seems like a great forum with a lot of info floating around.

Kyle

Last edited by Langford; 10-29-2009 at 04:10 PM.

Quick Reply: New member, new 2010 owner.