2009 - 2014 F-150

Magnaflow 16518 SiSo

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know the size of the stock inlet pipe for the muffler? I want to replace the one on my 2010 5.4 with a single inlet dual outlet muffler.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Toolcrib
Now I am not knocking the price you payed-but it is not that hard to find a shop that mandrel bends, and uses stainless steel pipe.
The local shops around here were going to charge $400 for a flowmaster kit welded in with crimp bends. To find a shop that had stainless, a CNC to mandrel bend the pipes and purchase the muffler and tips I would have been way over the $400 I have in this. So what does finding a shop with all this matter then?

Old 11-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Well the first thing is- you get a better system if you get a shop to weld it in -you get exactly what you want, not sort of what you want, like you do with a kit ,exit location,tip etc. .I had my Corsa welded in with stainless ,dual out the back pipe for about the same price you payed. Now since you put on a single in, single out system, a good shop could have welded the muffler inline to your factory system and kept your factory stainless pipe,and mandel bends,saving you some coin.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Running smaller pipe, it is a 3" now. I did get what I wanted. It was simple to install, I didn't need to wait on someone else to weld it in, I can remove it and install my stock if I ever want. To me it was a way better deal than having someone weld it. And a "better" system would be opinion, which I would disagree with.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:56 AM
oh baloney, a good welded system from a shop will cost roughly the same as a catback $400-500...at least around here. It's a matter of preference and a crap shoot either way unless you see and listen to a setup on the same truck as yours. I'll stick with a bolt in that I can remove or change if I want.

Originally Posted by Toolcrib
Well the first thing is- you get a better system if you get a shop to weld it in -you get exactly what you want, not sort of what you want, like you do with a kit ,exit location,tip etc. .I had my Corsa welded in with stainless ,dual out the back pipe for about the same price you payed. Now since you put on a single in, single out system, a good shop could have welded the muffler inline to your factory system and kept your factory stainless pipe,and mandel bends,saving you some coin.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Here are the pics taken with my cellphone.

Thanks,
Greg

Old 11-10-2009, 09:16 AM
And here is some crappy in car vid with my cell phone.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Sounds awesome! I can't wait to install mine...waiting patiently by the door for the UPS guy...lol.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Hiway Star
oh baloney, a good welded system from a shop will cost roughly the same as a catback $400-500...at least around here. It's a matter of preference and a crap shoot either way unless you see and listen to a setup on the same truck as yours. I'll stick with a bolt in that I can remove or change if I want.

I was hoping you were going to let this one die,but you are incorrect- for those of us who choose to get a dual rear exit exhaust- kits can cost upwards of a 1000 bucks, from magnaflow ,Corsa etc. I can get the same system welded in for half that. Oh-- and Highway star do you even have an F150-- this is my 10th one.

mrpositraction it does look good.

Last edited by Toolcrib; 11-10-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:58 PM
mrpositraction - how does it sound on a long uphill grade? I had the Airforce 1 intake and Magnaflow SIDO on my '05 Larait Screw 4x4 and after about 2 years took it all off again. Stock was too quiet (back then Ford was using a muffler the size of a Caddillac Coupe DeVille) but the current muffler are is smaller and sounds more agressive. Problem with my modded '05 was I have to travel the ridge route LA to Bakersfield and back quite often to visit family and that thing would give you a headache with the combo of intake and exhaust noise going up a long, steady grade. I removed the intake 1st and it helped, but the exhaust was still somewhat obnoxious on the longer grades. I also had the Edge Evolution tuner and am itching to mod my '09 Plat...but can't forget that drone - only on uphill grades - was great around town though.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:04 PM
sounds great....

Old 11-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Well I haven't went on long trips with it yet but I can see what you are talking about. Under load there is some drone, I could most definitely see going up a long grade or even pulling something may be very obnoxious. I took the tune out today to take the truck to the dealer and the drone lessened quite a bit. Your right, around town it sounds good, really good, but if I had to pull stuff a lot, I would probably take it off.

This is the 1st Magnaflow that ever droned on me, a little disappointed.

One thing I am learning with these new trucks is they are very finicky when it comes to modding the intake/exhaust track, a lot of time and effort was put into making them quiet. The truck would drone with the just the intake I had on it before, so I can't say I am really surprised the exhaust drone at times. Going on flat terrain the truck has no drone at all and, as you can see, in the video, under wide open throttle there is none also.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:32 PM
looks and sounds great. Im sold on it now I just need to find the extra money.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:44 PM
that looks sweet! you should of contacted me, i have a pretty good discount on magnaflow and a lot other brands. let me know if you need anything, i'll try to hook you up! i need to get an exhaust for myself but i want dual side exhaust and i don't thing anyone makes one

Old 11-12-2009, 07:50 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3kgt, before the axle or after the axle?

Last edited by APT; 11-12-2009 at 07:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow 16518 SiSo