2009 - 2014 F-150

XL vs FX4

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rbig18
I went through this decidion a few months ago. I decided on the Fx4 mostly because I really wanted the center console shift and 5.4. In terms of cost my research (and I did alot of it) was that you can realistically expect to take 22-23% off MSRP on any model. So saying 10k off a 30k truck...well you do the math (not possible) unless you take some ridiculous interest rate. They might for 12 or 15% interest and the finance arm makes the points.

Bottom line there is NO WAY you can make it an FX4 for a few hundred bucks

4.6 to 5.4 considerable difference
Rims - more than a few hundred bucks
skids plates
fog lights
running boards
console - I prefer it
power option package (seats etc)
shocks/springs etc.
Higher tow rating
etc

I am sure there are more but if you add all these up it is more than a few hundred bucks. Buy what you like, but thinking there is a 25k difference is a joke.

Bottom line

XL MSRP 32k take 22% off
FX4 MRSP 40k or so take 22% off

and there is your difference in price. Now decide which works for you and be done with it.
I was given bad data. The acutal price of the 2010 XL SCREW LOADED WAS OVER $38K. After crunching the numbers I decided against the XL. I am FX4 now. Thank you for your support.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by KazK
Platinum and Lariat are two DIFFERENT models. No such thing as Platinum Lariat

Holy crap you are so freakin hard headed. Almost everything you have said is completely wrong.
Bad data. I was given bad data. Friend told me bad data.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Wes28376
Sounds like you have it all figured out. We can all learn a great deal from you. Any more advice you would like to pass on?
Thank you for your support. I was given bad data by a friend who was a little bit biased being an XL owner himself. The XL bargain was actually an 08 and the price difference between xl xlt fx4 was only a small amount. $1 to $3k difference. Base to base. With the typical discount. The 2010 XL loaded was over $38k. I was like are you crazy? This is the base model? This does not include the extra options I need to meet my needs. To meet my needs I would have to add the options to the $38k. Adding the options myself would add several thousands more and I am not sure I could do it all. The XL would wind up costing me almost $45k when all is said and done and would look like *** if my friends paint job came out wrong or the wheels started making a vibration noise with the sand bags loaded. I told my friend I might as well get the XLT, FX4 then or a King Lariat at that price. He told me buy what you need, buy what works for you, why buy options if they are the same? Then I told him I know the XL was NOT essentially the same as the Platinum and he got mad. I did not care what he said anymore about this topic because he gave me bad data to start with so I decided to go with the FX4 to meet my needs with the 5.4. My advice is don't listen to friends. Get good data. Then buy what you need. Buy what works for you. Buy what works for you with good data.

Last edited by RedRobin51; 11-18-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Sounds like you have a new phrase to end all your posts with then...

Old 11-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 50Ford500
Sounds like you have a new phrase to end all your posts with then...
Yes. Thank you for your support. Use good data. Buy what you need with good data. Buy what works for you with good data! I am such a physcho. Feed my Frankenstein XL Platinum FX4 King Lariat. I am hungry for F150's and it is lunch time! Baby chow down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1agMSCHALE

Old 11-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by RedRobin51
Let me be honest with you. The truth is 99.9% of people will think it is a Raptor if you put the Raptor emblems on an XL.
and the dumbest quote of the year goes to........

this statement is completely untrue. raptors don't look anything like an XL or all of the other trim levels of f150's for that matter.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, "bad data" my butt! You had plenty of people here tell you what's what, you're just unable to listen. Try taking some personal responsibility for what crap spews from your keyboard.

By the way, nobody here has been supporting you... You're so full of it, you make the diaper of a baby with the squirts look clean!

Oh, and about the 99.9% Raptor comment, only fools like you wouldn't know the difference. The Raptor is far more than just a trim level, for one thing it's actually wider than other F150s. Of course you probably won't believe me...

- NCSU

Old 11-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Wow, "bad data" my butt! You had plenty of people here tell you what's what, you're just unable to listen. Try taking some personal responsibility for what crap spews from your keyboard.

By the way, nobody here has been supporting you... You're so full of it, you make the diaper of a baby with the squirts look clean!

Oh, and about the 99.9% Raptor comment, only fools like you wouldn't know the difference. The Raptor is far more than just a trim level, for one thing it's actually wider than other F150s. Of course you probably won't believe me...

- NCSU

Old 11-18-2009, 01:10 PM
I can't beleive this has been going on for 10 pages and no one truly seems to have figured out this dude is sport trollin'. Kudos to him, but it got old. Stale like bad data.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:21 PM
If this guy wants to get an xl and put on FX4 stickers or Range Rover stickers, let him do it. It's his truck and he is the one driving it.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by dilloncawthon
and the dumbest quote of the year goes to........

this statement is completely untrue. raptors don't look anything like an XL or all of the other trim levels of f150's for that matter.
Read it again. My statement is completely true. I never said Raptors look like the XL. I said 99% of people will think it is a Raptor if you put the Raptor emblems on an XL. Why? Because 99% of people do not eve know what a Raptor is. You may know on the forum but this forum is such a small part of the 300 million people in this country or 7 billion people in the world. You are correct that Raptors don't look like an XL but that is not what I was talking about. Buy what you need.

Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4

- NCSU
The facts are I was given bad data. The facts are the 2010 XL Screw 4x4 loaded is $37k with the SMALLER engine. Not including all of the options I would have to add to meet my needs.

You don't listen either. I know that the Raptor is more than a trim level. That was not what I was talking about but of course you probably can't read. Thank you for your support. Buy what you need.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by speed4tu
If this guy wants to get an xl and put on FX4 stickers or Range Rover stickers, let him do it. It's his truck and he is the one driving it.
Thank you for your support. Yeah. It is my truck and I am the one driving it. I was thinking about making an Alice Cooper edition FX4. I am not sure how I will go about it yet but I have to leave now.

Last edited by RedRobin51; 11-18-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by RedRobin51
I was thinking about making an Alice Cooper edition FX4. I am not sure how I will go about it yet but thank you for your support.

You could dangle a couple of Alice autographed golf ***** in a net sack, from the trailer hitch.

Last edited by Bluejay; 11-18-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:17 PM
If I hear "buy what you need" what more time my head is gonna explode cause a couple days ago you were complaining about how the fx4 had too many unnecessary things and yet you are buying it anyway. And the raptor comment was the dumbest thing I have ever heard. If no one apparently knows what a raptor is, what is the point of putting raptor emblems on an XL?

Old 11-18-2009, 04:31 PM
I think RED ROBIN is RAIN MAN"S little brother !!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: XL vs FX4