2009 - 2014 F-150

XL vs FX4

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 03:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RedRobin51
If I get the XL the FX4 stickers are going on.
If you're doing that, you better get rid of the chrome bumpers, black textured upper bumper, etc. I hate seeing trucks with decals trying to make them look like something they're not.

Reminds me of this dude who lives at the end of my street. Has a busted up Subaru with 4x4 decals on the back end. I laugh every time. Maybe he just doesn't know the difference between AWD and 4WD.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008_XL
If you're doing that, you better get rid of the chrome bumpers, black textured upper bumper, etc. I hate seeing trucks with decals trying to make them look like something they're not.

Reminds me of this dude who lives at the end of my street. Has a busted up Subaru with 4x4 decals on the back end. I laugh every time. Maybe he just doesn't know the difference between AWD and 4WD.
If it's one of the older wedge shaped wagons or hatches it probably is 4WD. The older Subarus were available with true 4WD with Hi and Lo range.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by johnyb777
Thanks for all of your support, from now on I will only buy what I need and what works for me... like maybe a shotgun to keep freaks away. And I thought the Rainman comment was a bit tough. Someone must have been given some bad data on Rainman. I have to leave now, my back hurts so I can no longer type. I should have never gotten the flow through shifter.
LMFAO!!!!! This is the funniest reply yet!!!

Old 11-26-2009, 06:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Roverandom
If it's one of the older wedge shaped wagons or hatches it probably is 4WD. The older Subarus were available with true 4WD with Hi and Lo range.
When I say older, I meant late 90's. It's an Outback and I know those are AWD, not 4WD.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:51 AM
So you want good facts from owners of 09+ f-150's? How about someone who has owned 2? I also had an 05 4.6(hence my username) that is now the base models powertrain. We will start with the 4.6 powertrain. It comes standard with the 4r70e transmission. What does that mean? Its the weakest truck tranny ever. Blew up 2 of em in 60,000 miles on the 05. I blaze through the desert, I tow a travel trailer and use my truck everyday. The 4.6 was just too weak for a truck period. If you go with an xl/xlt with the 4.6, get the 3 valve with the 6 speed tranny, its a much stronger unit all around. Now on to the 09+, which I traded my 05 for. I started with a XLT Screw 5.4 4x4. It was a nice truck, I put 1200 miles on it before the stealership tried to jack me on the interest rate and I told em to shove it. I then went to another dealership and picked out the FX4 I wanted and test drove it. Got the financing down and my payment on my FX4 is lower than the other dealership wanted for an XLT. The XLT was not dampened well off the road, and did not ride as smooth as my FX4 on the road. Thats all in the shock/spring package my friend. The shocks and springs on my FX4 provide a better ride quality and perform better off the road. That is what you are paying for. Plus the 5.4, plus the locker, plus the flow through console (which is the only way to get rear seat air vents BTW), plus heated seats(which warm up way faster than the heater on a cold morning), dual climate zones. You get the idea, the FX4 is twice the truck as a "fully loaded" XL with a 4.6. If you use your truck as a truck, not a oversized luxury car, you will love the FX4 and not regret going cheap. Trust me, I did with my 05 and won't look back from my new one. Hope I have helped, Rob

Old 12-04-2009, 03:24 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 2008_XL

Old 09-06-2010, 08:58 PM
It took me a little over an hour to read this, 14 friggin pages of some of the funniest **** i have ever laid eyes on. some of it i even went back and read twice. Just so you all know those S.O.B,s @ Ford Convinced me i needed a loaded 2010 fx4, Damn it Man..

Quick Reply: XL vs FX4