2009 - 2014 F-150

XL vs FX4

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comparing Screws base-to-base these features the FX4 has that the XL doesn't straight from the 2010 Ford brochure:

Cruise control
Electronic locking rear differential
5.4L motor
Painted bumpers front and rear
Painted grille surround trim
3 skid plates
Trailer Tow Package
Flow through console
Floor shifter
Bucket seats (w/ nicer material)
Front seat lumbar
6-way power driver's seat
Rear window defroster
18" aluminum wheels

Please provide me the name and phone number of the salesman and dealership that is offering $15k-$10k off sticker for a XL. I just ordered one Friday and did not get nearly that kind of discount. I will gladly cancel my order and buy one off the lot at that discount.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by ibcop
WTF is this?
hahaha x2. what is the point of bringing kanye west into this?

Old 11-15-2009, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=RedRobin51;3963005]

Don't hate the player. Hate the game. I have checked into it and they want $8k more for the floor console and FX4 stickers and a couple options nobody really needs and can live without for the right price reduction. This is the game they play. But guys like GreenBuck50 and I have changed the game. Buy what you need and then do the installs yourself for cheaper than at the dealer. QUOTE]

hahaha oh you are a "player" now and you are changing the game? that's hilarious.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Why would you even consider an fx4? They are more expensive than a lariat but with less features. The elocker is the only good thing about an fx4 but it will cost you several grand. If you don't need it why buy it?

Old 11-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by triton5.4FX4
hahaha x2. what is the point of bringing kanye west into this?
I'm really happy for all you FX4 owners but the F150 XL is one of the best pickups of all time

Old 11-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by OneBrightGator
Please provide me the name and phone number of the salesman and dealership that is offering $15k-$10k off sticker for a XL. I just ordered one Friday and did not get nearly that kind of discount. I will gladly cancel my order and buy one off the lot at that discount.
Don't hold your breath. First, I doubt this is the kind of guy who'd share that info. Secondly, he's not going to get 10k-15k off an XL anyways and he's not secure enough to admit he's wrong.

- NCSU

Old 11-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Well, I'm not gonna suffocate for it, but I might get a little blue in the face for $15k!

Old 11-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by OneBrightGator
Comparing Screws base-to-base these features the FX4 has that the XL doesn't straight from the 2010 Ford brochure:

Cruise control
Electronic locking rear differential
5.4L motor
Painted bumpers front and rear
Painted grille surround trim
3 skid plates
Trailer Tow Package
Flow through console
Floor shifter
Bucket seats (w/ nicer material)
Front seat lumbar
6-way power driver's seat
Rear window defroster
18" aluminum wheels

The problem people have a hard time understanding is we are comparing a fully loaded XL to the base FX4.

Cruise control - already on the XL
Electronic locking rear differential - sand bags, not really needed with 4x4
5.4L motor - 4.6 meets my needs
Painted bumpers front and rear - chrome
Painted grille surround trim - can be painted cheaply
3 skid plates - already on the XL
Trailer Tow Package - already on the XL
Flow through console - not needed
Floor shifter - again not needed
Bucket seats (w/ nicer material) - all the seats on all of the F150s are essentially the same seats, only the material is different and that can be changed
Front seat lumbar - alaready on the XL loaded
6-way power driver's seat - can move my own seat
Rear window defroster - not needed
18" aluminum wheels - i can get better wheels cheaper than the entry level FX4 wheels

Let me tell you what a friend told me. I have not had a bad experience with what I have towed with the 4.6. My trailer does great. Many guys have gotten over 300,000 miles with the 4.6 over the last twenty some odd years Ford has been using the engine. My XL Supercrew has the carpet floors and I put the full cover mats in they work great indeed. I added the handle with the entry code for $15 on eBay from a handle I bought. I had the wire in the door of my XL already. I can back fine... this is my third full size truck so I have experience, but it is not hard to learn quickly. I even practiced on the test drive backing with my salesman since I went with the 6.5 bed. Mine had the chrome covered wheels as an option and are holding up great. The bumpers and the radio I got used on eBay and had painted so they were cheap. The engine is big enough for my needs, the interior can be made just as nice as the XLT or (base FX4) with about $100 (I have done it, and have a coworker with the XLT to compare to). XLTs (or FX4s) are more common in my opinion because Ford figures people will buy the XLT FX4 over the XL if they are side by side and therefore get more money for options people will only use once in the life of the truck, therefore getting and extra $2000 to $6000 out of every customer. The reason I think they came out with the XL Supercrew is because not everyone needs the extra options. Purchase what works for you.

Buy what you need. You could get $10k off if you found the right deal. Now if you just order the base XL with nothing on it, of course $10k off is not going to happen. Buy what YOU need. Buy what works for YOU, not a discussion board, not Ford. Buy what YOU NEED. Good luck.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
who the hell are you to tell us what options we'll never use but once?

Nobody hates you, nobody really likes you either though.

Again, who made you the authority on who needs what options? You haven't changed a thing, except more people are laughing at you now than before you showed up.

The key difference is you are cheap.

-NCSU
I do not know why you are coming here cussing me. Did your momma not give you any toys to play with when you were young? If a $6000 floor console, stickers, and locker that nobody really needs, works for you. Fine. Buy what YOU need. Buy what works for you.

Originally Posted by triton5.4FX4

hahaha oh you are a "player" now and you are changing the game? that's hilarious.
There is nothing wrong with ebay deals.

Originally Posted by 50Ford500
I'm really happy for all you FX4 owners but the F150 XL is one of the best pickups of all time
That's what I'm talking about.

Originally Posted by broncobran68
Why would you even consider an fx4? They are more expensive than a lariat but with less features. The elocker is the only good thing about an fx4 but it will cost you several grand. If you don't need it why buy it?
That is what I was trying to find out. Thanks for your advice.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Suspended
I really want to apologize if I have sounded arrogant. I am going through a rough time with this back pain and just want to learn. I absolutely appreciate your patience and understanding in dealing with my questions and comments and do apologize for the ill will caused by my back surgery. I am here to learn but an XL is essentially a Platinum is it not? Buy what works for you. If a $6000 heated FX4 seat rest, floor console and manicure works NCSU, I have no problem with that. Buy what YOU NEED. Buy what works for you.

In closing I just want to send a shoutout to all F150 owners who are on this site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1agMSCHALE

Well, I ain't evil, I'm just good lookin'
Start a little fire, and baby start cookin'
I'm a hungry man
But I don't want pizza
I'll blow down your house
And then I'm gonna eat ya

Bring you to a simmer
Right on time
Run my greasy fingers
Up your greasy spine

Feed my Frankenstein
Meet my libido
He's a psycho
Feed my Frankenstein
Hungry for F-150's
And it's feeding time

Last edited by RedRobin51; 11-15-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you really want to learn you'd be better served by NOT posting, but reading and researching instead.

I do not know why you are coming here cussing me. Did your momma not give you any toys to play with when you were young? If a $6000 floor console, stickers, and locker that nobody really needs, works for you. Fine. Buy what YOU need. Buy what works for you.
Because you don't listen to anything anyone here says. Plus what really rubs me the wrong way is when you talk about options "nobody really needs." Again, just who the hell do think you are to deterime what people do or don't need? When you say stuff like that you're pretty much calling everyone who bought anything besides a base model XL stupid. That's why you're getting the feedback that you are. Nobody has told you not to buy an XL, they've been telling you the differences, you just too thickheaded to see that.

We could tell you the FX4 craps gold and you'll tell us you can find an XL that pisses platinum. Just buy the XL with $10k off and quit being a douche.

Originally Posted by 50Ford500
That's what I'm talking about.
That was a Kayne joke dude. Taylor Swift, awards show, ring a bell? Dumbass.

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 11-15-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:13 PM
I think he mistook his pain meds for tic-tacs.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Platinum and Lariat are two DIFFERENT models. No such thing as Platinum Lariat

Holy crap you are so freakin hard headed. Almost everything you have said is completely wrong.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:09 PM
NCSU_05_FX4 and others,
Don't even waste your time. I have seen three of these type of threads recently from XL buyers. They act like they want to know the differences between XLTs FX4s and Platinums and whatever other trim level, but really they are just here to persuade you that the XL is the truck to buy so they can feel better about their own purchase. Saying they do not know what they are talking about or showing them facts is just going to get them to repeat themselves over an over.

In the other thread I had some guy tell me that I should buy what I need. Ok. That may sound nice, but that is after he spent the whole time trashing trucks that has something he does not "need" or have. The "XL and XLT FX4 right next to each and people buying the FX4 and XLT because they are right next to the XL argument" and Ford rips people off for options people "will use only once" is bogus. People buy the higher trim levels because they are a good deal and you cannot add all of the options they have for less. None of this matters to them. They will tell you they can add it, and what they cant add "you don't really need." The dollars involved do not matter. What matters to them is whatever options you have, they dont need and what they do need they have already. You cannot teach them anything because they know everything. You can call out their lies and say they are being hypocrites (ie rims, interiors, exteriors, etc can be changed yes, but at a higher cost and thus defeating the purpose of why they said they were going with the base model to begin with), it doesn't matter. Sand bags? Last time I heard that argument was when someone was trying to convince themselves they could drive threw snowy upstate NY in 2wd and some sand bags and they didn't need 4wheel drive. Bogus. The "it is just as good" or it is not needed is another bogus argument to make them feel better. No one knows more than they do in their opinion. And that is what this all about, their opinion. Not the actual differences and costs between the trim levels. It is really annoying but we all know people like this.

Last edited by bluegreenf150; 11-15-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by bluegreenf150
NCSU_05_FX4 and others,
Don't even waste your time. I have seen three of these type of threads recently from XL buyers. They act like they want to know the differences between XLTs FX4s and Platinums and whatever other trim level, but really they are just here to persuade you that the XL is the truck to buy so they can feel better about their own purchase. Saying they do not know what they are talking about or showing them facts is just going to get them to repeat themselves over an over.

In the other thread I had some guy tell me that I should buy what I need. Ok. That may sound nice, but that is after he spent the whole time trashing trucks that has something he does not "need" or have. The "XL and XLT FX4 right next to each and people buying the FX4 and XLT because they are right next to the XL argument" and Ford rips people off for options people "will use only once" is bogus. People buy the higher trim levels because they are a good deal and you cannot add all of the options they have for less. None of this matters to them. They will tell you they can add it, and what they cant add "you don't really need." The dollars involved do not matter. What matters to them is whatever options you have, they dont need and what they do need they have already. You cannot teach them anything because they know everything. You can call out their lies and say they are being hypocrites (ie rims, interiors, exteriors, etc can be changed yes, but at a higher cost and thus defeating the purpose of why they said they were going with the base model to begin with), it doesn't matter. Sand bags? Last time I heard that argument was when someone was trying to convince themselves they could drive threw snowy upstate NY in 2wd and some sand bags and they didn't need 4wheel drive. Bogus. The "it is just as good" or it is not needed is another bogus argument to make them feel better. No one knows more than they do in their opinion. And that is what this all about, their opinion. Not the actual differences and costs between the trim levels. It is really annoying but we all know people like this.
Dude, You don't know me. I never trashed anyone's truck. All I said was buy what you need. If you need the heated manicure package, buy it. If you want a sticker and a shifter on the floor inside of the steering wheel for $6000 extra, buy it. I don't have a problem with that. Buy what works for YOU!

Quick Reply: XL vs FX4