2009 - 2014 F-150

XL vs FX4

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Because you don't listen to anything anyone here says. Plus what really rubs me the wrong way is when you talk about options "nobody really needs." Again, just who the hell do think you are to deterime what people do or don't need? When you say stuff like that you're pretty much calling everyone who bought anything besides a base model XL stupid. That's why you're getting the feedback that you are. Nobody has told you not to buy an XL, they've been telling you the differences, you just too thickheaded to see that.

We could tell you the FX4 craps gold and you'll tell us you can find an XL that pisses platinum. Just buy the XL with $10k off and quit being a douche.

- NCSU
You never listen to me either. I said buy what you need. If you need a manicure, buy the manicure package. If you need your butt warmed, buy the butt warmer. Buy what works for YOU!

I never said the XL craps platinum. But the XL is essentially a Platinum. There is no sense in buying a bunch of options you are only going to use just once. Buy what you need.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by KazK
Platinum and Lariat are two DIFFERENT models. No such thing as Platinum Lariat

Holy crap you are so freakin hard headed. Almost everything you have said is completely wrong.
So I got the name wrong. I guess I am not an expert like you. Everything else I said was right. Buy what you need. How many times do I have to say this? Buy what you need! Need a manicure? Buy the manicure package. Need power seats that nobody is going to use but the one time when they first get it? Need a floor console that is going to cost you $6,000? Need 24" fancy wheels in what is supposed to be an offroad truck for $1500 extra? Need your butt warmed? I don't care. Buy what you need! Buy what works for YOU.

Last edited by RedRobin51; 11-15-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RedRobin51
Dude, You don't know me. I never trashed anyone's truck. All I said was buy what you need. If you need the heated manicure package, buy it. If you want a sticker and a shifter on the floor inside of the steering wheel for $6000 extra, buy it. I don't have a problem with that. Buy what works for YOU!
And you don't know any of us, so how can you possibly know what we do or don't need from a truck??? If you can't understand the value that non-XL trims offer, that's fine. But don't come in here flat out lying to us about what a great deal you can get on an XL, then continue to play stupid, pretending that the only difference b/t an XL and FX4 is a shifter and sticker.

By calling any luxury options a "manicure package", you're trying to imply that anyone with those options is a prissy, fru-fru fairy. That makes you an arrogant, condescending ***. We tried to address your question respectfully but your replies show a total lack of understanding or class. There are people who spend a fair amount if time on this site helping others. You'll find if you treat us with respect, you'll get the same. Come in with attitude you have and you'll get threads like this.

You've lost, pack it up and go home.

-NCSU

Old 11-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Suspended
And you don't know any of us, so how can you possibly know what we do or don't need from a truck??? If you can't understand the value that non-XL trims offer, that's fine. But don't come in here flat out lying to us about what a great deal you can get on an XL, then continue to play stupid, pretending that the only difference b/t an XL and FX4 is a shifter and sticker.

By calling any luxury options a "manicure package", you're trying to imply that anyone with those options is a prissy, fru-fru fairy. That makes you an arrogant, condescending ***. We tried to address your question respectfully but your replies show a total lack of understanding or class. There are people who spend a fair amount if time on this site helping others. You'll find if you treat us with respect, you'll get the same. Come in with attitude you have and you'll get threads like this.

You've lost, pack it up and go home.

-NCSU
You started it. I came in here looking for the differences between the XL and FX4 and then you started calling me names and berating me.

So now this is you with the manicure package:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeR-IikjfLg

Don't like it? Deal with it. I have not lost anything because I am not competing with anyone. Buy what you need!!!!

I will admit one thing. I have not gotten a good look at the trucks yet and will continue my investigation on Monday. Buy what you need.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:24 PM
'The FX4 was like $40-$44k. The XL Screw loaded was like $30k and they will take $14k off from it. I'm sorry that is $26k. I looked at the two and they were basically the same except for the offroad stick and some trim pieces I can get cheaper than at the dealer. Thanks.'
Given that statement, I don't think anyone on this forum can help you.
Furthermore, I think you would be crazy not to buy that XL Screw for $16,000.
When I pass by you on the road in my XF4 I will be glad for both you and me. Somehow, at the same time, I don't think you will be happy for either one of us.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:30 PM

So now this is you with the manicure package:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeR-IikjfLg

Don't like it? Deal with it. I have not lost anything because I am not competing with anyone. Buy what you need!!!!
Haha, that hurt. You're one sharp fella!

You've been throwing that "buy what you need" line back at us, but if you really thought that, why did you even start this thread? Just go to your local dealer and buy what you need.

I will admit one thing. I have not gotten a good look at the trucks yet and will continue my investigation on Monday. Buy what you need.
You're a piece of work. You haven't even seen the differences in the trucks but already know more than anyone here.

I've said more than enough in this thread, I'll let some others have a turn.

I actually kinda hope you stick around. People like you help keep the comedy rolling.

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 11-15-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:37 PM
"We don't live in a Communistic society where our choices are made for us and where if you're not the lead dog the view never changes."

Ah, hemigod.....you don't want to look around that corner up ahead. You aren't going to like what you see.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Man this thread is ugly!

I bought an STX, where do I fit in? I don't have carpet.........

Old 11-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Suspended
You're a piece of work. You haven't even seen the differences in the trucks but already know more than anyone here.

- NCSU
Get over yourself. You make so exasperated. The problem is you are not listening. This is insanity. I don't have to see the differences to know them. I never said I knew them all. I said I was trying to find out!

These are the facts in my opinion. I have read on the forum that the XL IS ESSENTIALLY A PLATINUM and that the XLTs FX4s and Lariats are more common because Ford figures people will buy the XLT/FX4/Lariat over the XL if they are side by side and therefore get more money for options people will only use once in the life of the truck, therefore getting and extra $2000+, $6000+ insert whatever number you want here, out of every customer for stuff they do not really need. Buy what you need. Buy what works for you. I don't care if you have a manicure or not. If that is what you need, buy what you need. That is all.

NSCU get your straight jacket on tonight. You are on a roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJChh7ghGnE

Im an axe grinder, pile driver
Mama says that I never, never mind her
Got no brains, I'm insane
The teacher says that I'm one big pain
I'm like a lazer, six string razor
I've got a mouth like an alligator
I want it louder, more power
I'm gonna rock it till it strikes the hour
Bang your head
Metal health will drive you mad
B
Metal health will drive you mad
I'm frustrated and out-dated
I really wanna be over-rated
I'm a finder and I'm a keeper
I'm not a loser, and I ain't no weeper

Last edited by RedRobin51; 11-15-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:01 PM
You do understand the concept of want vs. need right?

Old 11-15-2009, 07:05 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Guys I would just end this. It is going no where and you made points. Just stop before bans start being issued. Things like this always end with bans or suspensions. Wants vs Needs are one thing and there is a difference between the trucks. That's the point of what you guys are saying, we know that as I agree, however if the OP can get a good deal... then great. Name calling and the remarks get old. Just stop before things get out of hand

Old 11-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by 50Ford500
I'm really happy for all you FX4 owners but the F150 XL is one of the best pickups of all time

hahahah i laughed for like five minutes after i read this. Honestly i think red is not trying to convince us but to convince himself... and for the buy what you need and the heated seats and crap, i used the heated seats almost every day, i have one leg slightly longer then the other causing hip pain aid the heated seats helps, you with a bad back should actually go with the heated seats... not to mention if you can grab the floor shifter cuz it hurts your back should you even drive?

Old 11-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by d4studmuf1n

hahahah i laughed for like five minutes after i read this. Honestly i think red is not trying to convince us but to convince himself... and for the buy what you need and the heated seats and crap, i used the heated seats almost every day, i have one leg slightly longer then the other causing hip pain aid the heated seats helps, you with a bad back should actually go with the heated seats... not to mention if you can grab the floor shifter cuz it hurts your back should you even drive?
That is why I say buy what you need. Buy what works for YOU! But have you ever heard of a heating pad? If you can drive with a permanently bad hip why can't I drive with a little pain in my back that will go away after a few weeks after the surgery? I was thinking about the heated seats for my back. But I could just buy a heating pad for $20 at Walmart and save $2000.

Do I know what need vs want is? What are you talking about?

I have go to lay down now because my back is hurting.

Last edited by RedRobin51; 11-15-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Can a mod just lock this?

Old 11-15-2009, 08:53 PM

I know I said I'd move on, but this guy is too much

...why can't I drive with a little pain in my back that will go away after a few weeks after the surgery?...
I thought you said you needed the steering wheel shifter because your back hurt when using the flow-thru? If you're going to be all healed up in a few weeks that shouldn't be a major factor in your decision then right? You just need to justify your decision to go cheap, so you blame it on your back?

Oh yeah, keep those song lyrics coming. It's so cool how you can use other people's words to express how you feel.

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 11-15-2009 at 09:11 PM.

Quick Reply: XL vs FX4