2009 - 2014 F-150

XL vs FX4

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 01:23 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dilloncawthon
oh and another thing, why don't you check back with that chipped bumper thread that you keep referring to. so far i have counted 5 guys with no bumper chips and 2 with them......
5 guys with an 09 responded so far. 3 have chips, and 2 don't because they put the special film on for an added cost. The couple others like you don't own a 2009+ truck so you can't say you don't get the chips if you get the chips or not. I love negative people. They make me happy I am not them. Please do not respond to me anymore. I only want hear from people who have the 2010. Thanks.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by savage02
i can't get enough!!!
Just wait until these jokers see me come home with a FX4 tomorrow.

Feed my Frankenstein. Hungry for F-150's and it's feeding time!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1agMSCHALE

Old 11-16-2009, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by RedRobin51
5 guys with an 09 responded so far. 3 have chips, and 2 don't because they put the special film on for an added cost. The couple others like you don't own a 2009+ truck so you can't say you don't get the chips if you get the chips or not. I love negative people. They make me happy I am not them. Please do not respond to me anymore. I only want hear from people who have the 2010. Thanks.
hahaha you're a joke, this whole thread is a joke, and it is a complete waste of time. it has gotten nothing acomplished and needs to be locked. why even make a thread asking for peoples opinions on something if you are just going to argue back against it. a mod needs to just go ahead and lock this one and let it die.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was searching the forum and some guy named Manual F-150 said to put sand bags in the bed if I needed traction.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH Oh my God, let me catch my breath.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just wait until these jokers see me come home with a FX4 tomorrow.
If you do, we'll all know just what a sad, confused person you are. You just spent all this time telling us how stupid we are for wasting money on a truck like that with the "manicure package". How nobody will use those options but once in the truck's lifetime.

What happened to your "Buy what you need" mentality. Lord knows you've said it enough times in this thread along. You've also told us over and over again how you don't need any of the options the FX4 or Lariats offer, now you're saying you're considering buying one?

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 11-16-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:19 AM
My friend says it is a ripoff when I can get the stickers for about twenty bucks and then have room left over for a new house.

Do you have any opinions?
There's a big difference between these two trucks, much more than just stickers and the locker diff. But if you are going to buy a house with the money you can save buying an XL, by all means, get the XL + the house!

Old 11-16-2009, 10:21 AM
HOLY CRAP!!!!
I had to stop at page three to post how entertaining this thread is!!!!
Excuse me while I go back & continue to see how (or when) this ends!!!
See Ya Soon???

Old 11-16-2009, 10:27 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Red, I keep reading the front bumpers do chip easily on these trucks. There was a thready about it. F ast and a few others commented on this. I wonder if they changed thier painting method or material?

Old 11-16-2009, 10:30 AM
electronic locker- about a grand if you install it on your XL - I have been told I don't need this option with 4x4 and sand bags $20. may give me all the traction I need.
So how will those sandbags help if your tires start spinning? Won't it hurt your back to have to load and unload sandbags? If you just keep them in the back at all times, isn't that a big waste of cargo space, not to mention a drain on your fuel economy since you're hauling around all that extra weight all the time?

5.4l engine- Who said I am swapping engines? 4.6 meets my needs. buy what you need!
The problem people have a hard time understanding is we are comparing a fully loaded XL to the base FX4.
You can't even follow your own logic! The base FX4 comes standard with the 5.4L engine. So you MUST include that in the price difference, whether you "need" it or not.

...the loaded XL already comes with 3.73 gears LS. i won't be paying $1200 extra for anything.
That's fine, except that the 3.73 electronic locker comes
standard in a base FX4 which is what we are comparing to a loaded XL.
so you DO need to account for that when discussing the price difference between the 2 trim levels. Whether you feel you "need" it or not.

painted grille surround- - Isn't $100 cheaper than $6000.?
It's not $6000 for just the grille. Have you even attempted to really add up the cost of the differences, or are you just going to say each individual option isn't worth the overall cost difference?

heated seats- Heated seats are nice for some people, but again for the millionth time, heated seats are not standard in a base FX4 which is what we are comparing to a loaded XL.
Heated seats were brought up because they are an option that the FX4 offers that the XL does NOT. You had said earlier that ...
I am not trying to be a smartazz but I can make a XL just as comfortable and nice as a FX4 for a couple hundred dollars.
To me, that doesn't mean a just base model FX4, but any FX4 out there, including those with heated seats. It's very simple, you can't add the luxury heated seats that you can get in an FX4 for a couple hundred dollars.

The console shifter makes you reach down to shift and it takes up more room. When the shifter is on the steering wheel it means I do not have to reach as far and hurt my back. It is more comfortable this way.
I have not sat in one with a floor shifter yet. I will let you know how my back feels when I sit in one.
Which is it? It's your total lack of logic and reasoning that makes your posts a joke.

I did not say it was just a sticker. Please go back and read. I was asking what it was, just a sticker?
Really?

Hundreds of creature features? Well where are they? The only thing left is the FX4 stickers. $9000 for offroad stickers? I can just slap the stickers on a XL and have $9Gs in my pocket.
Not everyone wants to spend $6k on a floor console and FX4 sticker.
I am not saying I will put the sticker on but if I can get a sticker for $25, why pay $4,000 for one?
My bottom line is where is the $6 to $20k extra coming from? Floor console and sticker?
If you want a sticker and a shifter on the floor inside of the steering wheel for $6000 extra, buy it.
Liar liar, pants on fire.

I did not say the XL was a Platinum. I said I was told the "XL is essentially a Platinum" (on this forum) and asked if that was true. I don't even know what it is quite frankly. OK?
Interesting, didn't you just say this?
I never said the XL craps platinum. But the XL is essentially a Platinum. There is no sense in buying a bunch of options you are only going to use just once.
Again, you say one thing, then the opposite. I really want to know who made you Emperor of Option Usage? I don't think there's a single option on my truck that I've only used once, or even twice!

Edit: GreenBuck50 was the one who told me "an XL was essentially a Platinum". So you can tar and feather him for that if that is not correct. I did not say it.
We know, he's the only person you've listened to in this entire thread because he's told you what you wanted to hear. You haven't listened to anyone with a different point of view. It's easy enough to figure out that he's your "friend" who told you about his XL and you're simply regurgitating whatever he told you.

When and if I do buy a FX4 I want a big apology from you.
With the way you've acted around here, you'll be waiting a loooooong time for an apology from anyone.

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 11-16-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:43 AM
I bet he gets a Toyota!!! OR maybe a Big Wheel!!!

Last edited by hogger9; 11-16-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:45 PM
i'm really enjoying this. I like this forum alot

Old 11-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Beginning to think Red's just a master debater pulling on our chains.

I will say this... an FX4 is closer to an XL than a Lariat is to an XL. From what I understand, the FX4 is the "fanciest" XL (XL, XLT, FX4), and a Platinum is the "fanciest" Lariat (Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum). I am one of the lucky few with a chip (maybe an eighth inch by an eighth inch) on my painted bumper, but only I would notice such a thing. Not trying to back 'ol Red here. This is one funny thread.

Red, go out and buy you that Platinum today and post some pics while you're at it.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:55 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
the funny part is that RedRobin51 is talking about adding all these aftermarket "options", later on donw the road and paying for themon his/her/its high interest credit therefore costing about 5-6 times what they would ahve costs if he had financed them on a better optioned truck over a period of 6 years...

Old 11-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Hondo109
i'm really enjoying this. I like this forum alot
Welcome friend!

Not all threads are this amusing, some of them actually have people who are willing to learn something.

This is hands down the best F150 site out there. Tons of information on almost every question you can think of. This guy didn't bother to search (the button near the top of your screen that says "search"), but it's a great feature of the site and I strongly suggest checking out it if you have any questions.

- NCSU

Old 11-16-2009, 05:35 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by tarajerame
the funny part is that RedRobin51 is talking about adding all these aftermarket "options", later on donw the road and paying for themon his/her/its high interest credit therefore costing about 5-6 times what they would ahve costs if he had financed them on a better optioned truck over a period of 6 years...
agreed

Say, who wants to make my truck a Raptor?

Old 11-16-2009, 06:11 PM
So just hold onto your hat before you start getting mad at me again. Cheap is relative because a PLATINUM IS ESSENTIALLY AN XL,
hahahah if an XL was essentially a platinum..why wouldn't everyone just buy an XL then and save themselves $10,000...i think you are the only person that thinks this.

Quick Reply: XL vs FX4