2009 - 2014 F-150

XL vs FX4

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by f150fella08
im gonna make my truck into a harley or a lightning
Why not get a lightning sticker for one side and an HD sticker for the other and have both trucks and the same time.

Originally Posted by hogger9
This sounds easy...What would I need to make my F150 to a Jetson type flying pickup????
Jetson type flying pickup stickers to put on the side.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by RedRobin51
Just wait until these jokers see me come home with a FX4 tomorrow.

Feed my Frankenstein. Hungry for F-150's and it's feeding time!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1agMSCHALE
I bet this is your trade in towards that new F150 isn't it ? Its got your name on the hood of it

Last edited by truckncrew04; 11-16-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:09 PM
WOW!

I have been rather entertained reading this entire thread!

You have got to be kidding me right?

This guy is going to buy a Ram who's tank is full, or a Sierra that has the baddest locking rear end, or possibly the best warrantied silverado in the universe because you'll need it.

Do you even own a truck?

Are you old enough to be posting on this site?

You've been asking for peoples opinion, yet all you do is argue with everyone...

If your in the market for a new truck, take your own advice and just move on. Buy what you need and what makes you happy. You are continuing to get mad at other members for bashing you, but to be honest, you have brought it all upon yourself.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Anyway he's out of here...

He hurt is back getting inside the truck...

He drove home in a Fiesta with a Mustang GT sticker.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:10 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by OneBrightGator
Red,

Most of the people who have posted in this thread have taken the time to pass on knowledge about a product you are about to spend $30,000+ on. Their knowledge comes with experience and personal opinion. Just because you may not agree with their opinion doesn't mean you need to call them out on it. Appreciate that they took the time and move on. Don't be a ****.
Thanks but you are one of the persons who gave me bad data about the XL in the other thread. Just because you bought the XL doesn't give you the right to post bad data. You are lucky I don't call you out.

Originally Posted by triton5.4FX4
hahahah if an XL was essentially a platinum..why wouldn't everyone just buy an XL then and save themselves $10,000...i think you are the only person that thinks this.
My friend gave me bad data. He told me the XL was essentially the same as a Platinum. Then I was like if it is the same, I might as well just buy the XL and save $20K. But then I learned that only the F-150 name is the same. I hate when people give me bad data because they want me to buy what they bought. Buy what you need. Buy what works for YOU!

Originally Posted by Unfairadvantage
There's a big difference between these two trucks, much more than just stickers and the locker diff. But if you are going to buy a house with the money you can save buying an XL, by all means, get the XL + the house!
It was only going to be a down payment on a house but the guy gave me bad data on the XL (more on that to come) so I am leaning towards the FX4. Buy what you need. Need a house? A F150? Buy what you need. Buy what works for you.

Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
So how will those sandbags help if your tires start spinning? Won't it hurt your back to have to load and unload sandbags? If you just keep them in the back at all times, isn't that a big waste of cargo space, not to mention a drain on your fuel economy since you're hauling around all that extra weight all the time?

You can't even follow your own logic! The base FX4 comes standard with the 5.4L engine. So you MUST include that in the price difference, whether you "need" it or not.

Liar liar, pants on fire.

We know, he's the only person you've listened to in this entire thread because he's told you what you wanted to hear. You haven't listened to anyone with a different point of view. It's easy enough to figure out that he's your "friend" who told you about his XL and you're simply regurgitating whatever he told you.

With the way you've acted around here, you'll be waiting a loooooong time for an apology from anyone.

- NCSU

Wow. I told you I heard it from somebody on the forum that you can put like 900 lbs of sand in the bed and it will be just as good. I can get the guys from Home Depot to put the sand bags in IF I was going to do it. But I already told you I was leaning towards the FX4 anyway! What is your problem? It is not even your truck so don't worry about me. Mind your own business and worry about yourself!

You are the one who cannot follow anything. Since this is a XL vs FX4 comparison, not FX4 vs 5.4, my ORIGINAL argument was the 4.6 meets my needs. The price difference is the 4.6 is cheaper. Advantage 4.6 on both counts. Buy what you need. Buy what works for you.

What are you talking about? I listened to everyone. I originally based my questions off what my friend said because he he owns an XL and nobody disagreed with him at the time he posted the data. How was I to know he was giving me bad data about the XL being the same as a Platinum? He told me Ford puts all of the trucks next to the XL so the buyer can chose the other models and Ford gets $4000 more for options nobody needs but once in a truck's lifetime. That sounded reasonable at the time. I didn't do anything wrong. That's what he told me was true.

Please don't call me a liar. I only came here to get the truth and you can't handle the truth. Buy what you need. Buy what works for YOU. Got it? Good.

That was a Kayne joke dude. Taylor Swift, awards show, ring a bell? Dumbass.
- NCSU
I didn't just get off a turnip truck. I know that!

Last edited by RedRobin51; 11-18-2009 at 03:18 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Suspended
HAHAHAHAHAHAH Oh my God, let me catch my breath.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If you do, we'll all know just what a sad, confused person you are. You just spent all this time telling us how stupid we are for wasting money on a truck like that with the "manicure package". How nobody will use those options but once in the truck's lifetime.

What happened to your "Buy what you need" mentality. Lord knows you've said it enough times in this thread along. You've also told us over and over again how you don't need any of the options the FX4 or Lariats offer, now you're saying you're considering buying one?

- NCSU
Bad data.

What happened to your you were going to leave me alone? Are you nuts? I don't know why you are so angry. With good data, buy what you need! Buy what works for YOU! Nothing has changed there. Buy what you need - buy what works for YOU still stands. Keyword: you and data. Get over it.

Last edited by RedRobin51; 11-18-2009 at 02:19 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:23 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by hogger9
HOLY CRAP!!!!
I had to stop at page three to post how entertaining this thread is!!!!
Excuse me while I go back & continue to see how (or when) this ends!!!
See Ya Soon???
See you soon, too. Buy what you need.

Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Red, I keep reading the front bumpers do chip easily on these trucks. There was a thready about it. F ast and a few others commented on this. I wonder if they changed thier painting method or material?
I am not really worried about it. I believe it is more of a driving style that causes the dings than anything else. Buy what you need. Buy what works for YOU.

Originally Posted by johnyb777
Beginning to think Red's just a master debater pulling on our chains.

I will say this... an FX4 is closer to an XL than a Lariat is to an XL. From what I understand, the FX4 is the "fanciest" XL (XL, XLT, FX4), and a Platinum is the "fanciest" Lariat (Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum). I am one of the lucky few with a chip (maybe an eighth inch by an eighth inch) on my painted bumper, but only I would notice such a thing. Not trying to back 'ol Red here. This is one funny thread.

Red, go out and buy you that Platinum today and post some pics while you're at it.
Thank you for your kind words and support. Buy what you need. Buy what works for YOU. Pics are coming soon.

Last edited by RedRobin51; 11-18-2009 at 03:06 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:24 AM
Suspended
U can't touch this.

Last edited by RedRobin51; 11-18-2009 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:29 AM
MA! MA! GIT THE YOUNG UN'S!!! Our story dun be back on the Interweb!!! I love this show...!

Old 11-18-2009, 01:32 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by RayD
You're gonna have to do that yourself. Lucky for you, it's easy and cheap. Just head down to your Ford dealer and order up 2 or 3 Raptor emblems. (the dealer is going to rip you off by putting Raptor emblems next to XL emblems which will make you willing to pay more for them, but they probably aren't on ebay yet so suck it up) While you're at it, I wouldn't just change the rules, go ahead and change the game by badge engineering yourself the world's first Weapon R Raptor. Now the Ford dealer won't have Weapon R badges. (thank goodness, can you imagine how much the dealer would gouge you for those?) Just go to any quality auto parts store (Walmart, Dollar Tree, etc.) and pick yourself up a few Weapon R badges to go with your Raptor emblems and you're set. Slap those on the truck and nobody will know the difference between your truck and a real 2004 Weapon R Raptor. And just think, you'll have saved yourself probably $56-$74k. (pulling numbers out of my butt, but let's go with it)

Seriously, this guy is yanking our chains. Right Red?...That's what you're doing...right...??
Let me be honest with you. The truth is 99.9% of people will think it is a Raptor if you put the Raptor emblems on an XL. Buy what you need. Buy what works for YOU!

Originally Posted by f150fella08
im gonna make my truck into a harley or a lightning
Buy what you need. Buy what works for YOU!

Originally Posted by ibcop
Knock on wood, but I don't have the chipped bumper.....

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/q...p/IMG_0228.jpg
Is that an XL? How much did they charge you to paint the bumpers? Looks professional. Buy what you need. Buy what works for YOU.

Last edited by RedRobin51; 11-18-2009 at 03:06 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:38 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Krokis
Let me dumb this down for you RedRobin

the 4x4 has a higher power engine than the XL so it can move the truck more efficiently

the GADGETS that will be used ONCE in a lifetime is pretty stupid, say you get a nav system in your truck and you only go from work - home - work - home, then its stupid to get...what if you DO Make that trip somewhere and you need to know where your going

Buy what you need...ESSENTIALLY all of mankind only needs their FEET to get around, but we are NOW buying what we "WANT" if we want a awesome truck with 4 wheel drive then so be it

if YOU want a XL to be a PLATINUM...all you have to do is use your (spongebob) IMAGINATION (rainbows) and there you go, you have yourself a brand new platinum

end rant

BTW, no one NEEDS a new truck, they just want one...i dont NEED a new 2010 4x4, but hell im gonna be getting one around March...i WANT a 2010 Oxford White 4x4 King Ranch Edition truck but im not gonna get it..

officially end rant
My friend told me I would just use the options once in a truck's lifetime. Honestly I guess I wasn't thinking about the nav. I guess I could use that a lot. You are right.

CHECK THIS OUT. No feet. No arms. This is amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqI_U0hDtao

Good point. Nobody needs a 2010. Buy what you need. Buy what works for YOU!

Old 11-18-2009, 02:15 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Hondo109
MA! MA! GIT THE YOUNG UN'S!!! Our story dun be back on the Interweb!!! I love this show...!
Buy what you need.

Originally Posted by Azblu
Ya know? I really wanted an HD 2500 Silverado but couldnt find one close by so I bought a 2010 F150 and swapped out the badging (that I bought on ebay) and now i have one!
Buy what you need. Buy what works for YOU.

Originally Posted by °°Pat°°
Anyway he's out of here...

He hurt is back getting inside the truck...

He drove home in a Fiesta with a Mustang GT sticker.
My back will be fine in a couple weeks and until then I will use the man step. Honestly, I haven't driven home in anything yet because I am waiting to get my loan check from Fedex tomorrow and then I will finalize my purchase.

I was given some bad data on the XL. A friend told me you could buy everything you need for cheaper than at the dealer and that they put the different trucks next to the XL so Ford could pocket a few extra thousand dollars to sell you a bunch of options nobody really needs but once in a truck's lifetime.

My friends call me Columbo. You can't change what you don't acknowledge. I was given some bad data at first, and I acknowledge that. I was given bad data. But after further investigation, I have concluded my investigation on the internet. I have decided to go with the FX4.

It turns out the XL for 20k off was a used or demoed 08 with 6 thousand miles on it. It had a plow mount on it so I think it was used for plowing at the dealership.

The 4.6 does not get that much better mileage and the 4.6 would be a turd with 7000 pounds going up hill. The 5.4 Ford meets my needs better. The 5.4 is the better truck engine and meets my needs. Buy what you need. Buy what works for YOU.

Thanks everyone for your support. This is going to be a changing day in my life.

Last edited by RedRobin51; 11-18-2009 at 03:22 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by GreenBuck50
Never said we were friends... and to further enhance that thanks for this one... what I meant when they were the same in essence is that they are both F-150s.
real class... not

Old 11-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by newts53
'The FX4 was like $40-$44k. The XL Screw loaded was like $30k and they will take $14k off from it. I'm sorry that is $26k. I looked at the two and they were basically the same except for the offroad stick and some trim pieces I can get cheaper than at the dealer. Thanks.'
Given that statement, I don't think anyone on this forum can help you.
Furthermore, I think you would be crazy not to buy that XL Screw for $16,000.
When I pass by you on the road in my XF4 I will be glad for both you and me. Somehow, at the same time, I don't think you will be happy for either one of us.
Bad data. I was given bad data. The XL for $16k off was an 08. Thank you for your support.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by austinbF150
Red Robin, you are not very well informed. If you buy an xl and put fx4 stickers on it a lot of people will know the difference. I would be able to pick it out instantly and I think its idiotic to label a vehicle something that it is not. There are many differences between the two trucks which im not going to take the time to list because you have obviously already made up your mind. Saying you dont want the floor shifter (optional on the fx4) because it hurts your back is one of the dumbest things ive ever heard.
Bad data. My mind was given bad data. With the good data I have chosen the FX4. Thank you for your support.

Quick Reply: XL vs FX4