2009 - 2014 F-150

Need mirror / defroster wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need mirror / defroster wiring diagram

I added the power heated mirrors to my truck and am trying to hook up the heated mirror function. I was wondering if anyone had a couple of wiring diagrams for the heater controls (for the switch) and the diagram at the mirror. Thanks.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by 04xltsc
I added the power heated mirrors to my truck and am trying to hook up the heated mirror function. I was wondering if anyone had a couple of wiring diagrams for the heater controls (for the switch) and the diagram at the mirror. Thanks.
If you have an FX4 with the rear defrost it is plug and play. No wiring required.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 XLT
I am a little confused "added the power heated mirrors", maybe you can clarify.
Your FX4 should have had this as standard equipment IIRC

I have an XLT that does not have the heated mirror function, but I would like to add it so I am very interested in what you come up with. I don't have the rear defrost option either.

Cheers

Old 11-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by cheef
04 XLT
I am a little confused "added the power heated mirrors", maybe you can clarify.
Your FX4 should have had this as standard equipment IIRC

I have an XLT that does not have the heated mirror function, but I would like to add it so I am very interested in what you come up with. I don't have the rear defrost option either.

Cheers
In 09 heated mirrors without the luxury package were an option. I saw many window stickers with the charge on them.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Boataddict
In 09 heated mirrors without the luxury package were an option. I saw many window stickers with the charge on them.
Mine does not have heated mirrors or signals from the factory. From what I hear, they are all wired for it. I added the mirrors and the turn signals work, now Im just trying to figure out how to turn on the heated mirrors. According to TASCA, they SJB "Smart Junction Box" is the same on all of the trucks. I looked and the fuse is there for the heated mirrors. So Im assuming the relay is there also, although it is not something that is visible looking into the SJB. In theory, I should only have to change out the heater controls with the set with the mirror switch and Id be all set. The problem is I hate to pay over 200 dollars just to get that switch. I figured if I could get the wiring diagram I could just add my own switch (even one out of another car) to activate the heated mirrors.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Mine does not have heated mirrors or signals from the factory. From what I hear, they are all wired for it. I added the mirrors and the turn signals work, now Im just trying to figure out how to turn on the heated mirrors. According to TASCA, they SJB "Smart Junction Box" is the same on all of the trucks. I looked and the fuse is there for the heated mirrors. So Im assuming the relay is there also, although it is not something that is visible looking into the SJB. In theory, I should only have to change out the heater controls with the set with the mirror switch and Id be all set. The problem is I hate to pay over 200 dollars just to get that switch. I figured if I could get the wiring diagram I could just add my own switch (even one out of another car) to activate the heated mirrors.
When you turn on the rear defrost, the mirrors come on as well. That is how mine is from the factory.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Boataddict
When you turn on the rear defrost, the mirrors come on as well. That is how mine is from the factory.
No rear defrost either.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:18 PM
All the talk of this miraculous "rear defrost"...

Old 11-24-2009, 08:45 PM
No rear defrost either.
In Canada, when you get an FX4 it comes with rear defrost. It isn't an option.
I assumed yours was the same.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:32 PM
The 09 FX4 comes with rear defrost unless you get the power sliding rear window. No defrost with that until the 2010 MY.

In the States, on an 09 FX4 the heated mirrors come as an option, as part of the lux package, or as part of the FX4 Plus package.

BTW, you've got a really nice truck boataddict.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was thinking there were probably differences between the Canadian and USA trucks - mainly defrosting/de-icing options !

So 04XLT are you 100% that all trucks have the heat element behind their mirrors? If it's true that's great news because I would love to get them rigged up for cheap.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had a couple of wiring diagrams for the heater controls (for the switch) and the diagram at the mirror. Thanks.
I hope this helps you:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...7-scan0005.jpg

Old 11-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by johnwill
Thanks so much johnwill, exactly what I needed. Not all of the debate over whether or not my truck should have something that it doesnt.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by cheef
Was thinking there were probably differences between the Canadian and USA trucks - mainly defrosting/de-icing options !

So 04XLT are you 100% that all trucks have the heat element behind their mirrors? If it's true that's great news because I would love to get them rigged up for cheap.
No I didnt say that. I bought my new mirrors on ebay (with heat and signals). The stock ones do not have heat in them. Only the wiring is there inside of the truck, thats what i was saying.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by johnwill
do you have one of these for the 2007 year? My mirrors dont work and I need to do some tracing

Quick Reply: Need mirror / defroster wiring diagram