2009 - 2014 F-150

What do you think off your truck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate my 2009 F-150 just about as much as I hated my 1997 F-150 which I sold finally after driving it for 270,000 miles. Oh, and I hated the 6 grand I got for the truck when I sold it. I will probably hate this one once I get rid of it in 2020.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tows great, crew cab is huge, safest truck on the road. Some of us getting great fuel economy, that is of course if you care because you are piloting a 6000lb vessel. It's quiet, looks good, stock exhaust finally sounds good, seats are super comfy, dash layout is logical and materials are great! The suspension seems to soak up the bumps very well, despite some of the crappy stock tires.

Go drive one, drive the competition, drive the F150 again and see for yourself.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roomy cab
no squeaks/rattles
rigid chassis
comfy seats
visually appealing interior design
good ride quality
quiet cabin
nice engine sound
6-speed auto
powerful 4.6L 3V
decent fuel economy
excellent range with 36 gallon tank
excellent brakes
excellent towing capacity
handles better than Chevy's on slippery terrain
good off-road capability (for it's length)

Dislikes:

mediocre headlamps
slowish heater (but faster than the 5.4L)
The way the electronics always want to be on (lights, 12V dash outlet, radio)
I wish these things would turn off when I turn the key off.
Cheap feeling key fob
Not thrilled with exterior styling
Cheap OEM tires
Poorly written owners manual
Mediocre sound from the OEM stereo
Difficult to find desired engine/differential/options/trim level on dealer lots (trucks manufactured with too much crap on them and not enough of the goodies)
Poor control of water drainage from roof
Doors don't have very tight seals
Traction control could use some fine-tuning
Trip computer doesn't have instantaneous MPG and is difficult to use (only one button)
Rear end rides too high unloaded and shocks need more rebound damping
Mirrors overly large

All in all, I really like the truck, especially compared to the competition. It's the engineering of the chassis and general build quality that is a step above and this shows on difficult terrain and on smooth roads (it seems at home on each). The negatives are really minor and the pluses are what makes it a good driving experience. I love being able to cover some serious distances without needing to find a gas station. I am especially impressed with the fuel economy when dinking around on bad roads and in 4x4. The engine just sips fuel when your not asking much out of it.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:31 PM
i love my 2008 scab FX4. i added an edge,magnaflow exhaust, and new wheels/tires. my MILEAGE sucks (13-15mpg) but it's SO fun to drive.and it will pull or tow anything i need. wouldn't give it up for ANYTHING except maybe... A RAPTOR!!!

Old 12-04-2009, 02:02 PM
I just picked up my 2010 Screw XLT a few days ago, this is why I went with this truck.

To begin, I have been a Nissan driver since 2000. Prior to owning a Nissan I had owned a Dodge Pickup and then a Toyota Pickup. I pretty much gave up on American trucks after the Dodge, foreign vehicles were built much better.

I elected to go Nissan in 2000 as I felt their quality and resale value had finally caught up to Toyota without the high Toyota price. I had a 2000 Frontier, then an 04 Titan, then an 08 Pathfinder. I regretted getting out of a Pickup and into the Pathfinder and wanted back in so I started looking again. Of course I immediately looked at the Titan. Still nice but my brother said, "Look at the Americans, they have really stepped up". So I did.

I found the GMC to be a little heavy with some scary brakes and a little out-dated. The Titan and Dodge to be nimble and powerful but a cheaper build feel. Then the Ford, nice brakes, modern, nimble enough and the best build quality. GMC was out.

I then started to compare trade-in values on The Ford, Titan and Dodge. Using several 4-5 year old models, similar miles and equipment, the Ford easily won.

Of course price always matters...............

I received several numbers from several dealers on the 3 I liked. Dodge IMO was just crazy. With stickers prices being equal, end of loan payments ended up $5k more than the Ford or Titan. The Titan however stickered for $2k less and won the "Payment" price by a narrow margin over the Ford.

If I wanted pure payment numbers, I would be driving the Titan but I could not deny the build quality or end of life value of the Ford.

So I am back to American products, thank you Ford! I have only owned it a few days but I think I am beginning to understand why Ford guys, are Ford guys.

troutspinner

Old 12-04-2009, 04:54 PM
I love my truck. Everytime I get in it, it feels like my first time driving it and I love the way it looks plus its different. I think the only thing that I would change or wish it had was power side mirrors, other than that I'm cool and thats no biggie.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:21 PM
I was so ready to buy a Titan before i see the 09's. After doing months of comparisons between Toyota, Nissan and Ford im glad to say i went for the real truck. I would have be soo annoyed with my self if i had gone for the Toyota or Nissan then see the F150. Chevy and Dodge were a no go just because of bad build quality and awful interiors and i have no regrets about getting the F150. Best purchase i have ever made.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
The only reason I chose the F150 over a Titan in 08 was the quality of the interior. The dash/plastic looked cheaper in the Titan, and they were asking a few thousand more than Ford was. Happy with my decision, but I can't say that I dislike the Titans, they're cool lookin trucks in the CrewCab form, ugly in other configs.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:22 PM
coming out of my 05 fx4 the new truck is great after 13000 miles and i love the better mpg, more room and ride

tho i do miss not have 35' and the fact that roush isn't going to make a supercharger makes me a little unhappy

Old 12-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
3,500 miles ago, I traded my 2005 XLT, 4x4, regular cab, short box 5.4 liter, 4 speed automatic with 80,000 miles on it for a baciscally identical 2010 - except that the new truck has the 3 valve 4.6 with the 6 speed. There's a night and day difference between the two truck with the new truck winning hands down.

- Awesome headlights
- Great ride and handling balance
- The 6 speed is light years ahead of the 4 speed in every way
- I'm averaging almost 18 MPG where the old truck averaged 14 MPG
- The seat is awesome
- The brakes are much improved
- The optional Michelin tires are much better than the old Generals
- The spark plugs might actually come out of this motor

Dislikes:

- The interior panel under the rear window is beyond cheesy
- The brakes are way to sensitive
- The auto dimming rear view mirror coupled with the tinted rear window makes driving in the rain with somebody behind you like snorkeling in driveway sealer
- The alloy wheels on the XLT are just plain butt ugly

So would I recommend the new truck? You bet!

Old 12-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Post "Likes" heavily outweigh "dislikes".

Listing all the "likes" would make no sense unless you were coming from a previous F-150, because trucks and cars are very differnt vehicles with a few key different expectations. For example, MPG sucks wicked bad, BUT, if you are a truck guy to begin with, you already know this and are not looking at a truck with MPG as a concern.

As far as dislikes, my biggest one would be the creakys from inside the Platinum, which according to Ford is supposed to be extremely quiet.

Others are more personal, which might be important to some and unimportant to other truck buyers. No rear defrost (fixed in 2010), no HID's, no LED's to speak of, push-button start, brake dust (fixed in 2010 supposedly), no Upfitter Switches, and of course poor MPG.

Again, keep in mind, the list of "likes" would be far, far longer. For example, one thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is the tri-coat paint process, which has created a much cleaner & shinier coat than in years past- albeit with a price. But as with all things in life, as soon as you have something, you find you always want more. Then again, the more Ford knows of the things we want, the better the F-150 will get as the years go by.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by EricG1
Nice truck Savage02 !!
Thank you sir:

Old 12-05-2009, 08:39 PM
By far the best truck I have ever owned! Or for that matter, best vehicle I've ever owned. Just today, during a blizzard, snow drifts 3 ft. I seen a woman off the road and stuck in the ditch. Lucky I had a ****** strap in the bed. "Reminder to myself, keep a snow shovel also. Had to dig my way into the snow to hook up. Pulled her our in 4x4 high. She must have been a blond in her younger years. She had the wheels turned into the opposite direction. Never slipped a tire, yanked her out there with no effort. Love this truck.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Thumbs down

My only complaint about my '09 Screw { and I presume all new vehicles are equipped this way ? } is those damn automatic door locks that lock ALL doors automatically I know it may seem a little " chicken **** " but sheeesh !!

Old 12-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Thumbs down

Duplicate

Last edited by Sugarbear; 12-06-2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Duplicate

Quick Reply: What do you think off your truck?