2009 - 2014 F-150

Have you guys been aware of this defect we have with the f150

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just do a bunch of left handed turns. The axle position will slide over to the correct spot and all will be well.

Sorry, couldn't resist posting.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Read this about a week ago, checked mine today and yes it's there and now bugging the crap outta me. Are there any ideas out there to help this look better? Spacers? Mine is off about an inch.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:04 PM
i dont own an 09 but i have seen a couple and i did notice the spacing difference. personally i wouldnt be too concerned about it, it may just be the bed alignment. all 4 rangers ive owned had that problem and my 05 did a little too, i just adjusted it by moving the bed lol. i was behind a dakota the other day that had such an off center axle it looked like the *** end was trying to pass the front! ha ha ive since been noticing it on more dakotas and durangos too. fords not the only one with this issue. i know what you guys mean though, once you notice it, it will drive you crazy! just for giggles, has anyone taken a measurement from the inside of the rim to the frame rail to see if its the axle off center from the frame or if its just the bed misaligned? just a thought

Last edited by kozal01; 12-18-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Just read on another forum that spacers are bad and to measure from frame to wheel like kozal just said to see if the axle is off center. If that is what it is, can the axle be loosened and moved 1/2" to make it look better or is this throwing off the driveshaft? I am taking mine to a dealer on Tuesday for anotther issue and will be bringing this to their attention.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:23 PM
I tried a spacer I got off of ebay that was .5" and you cant really do that because it brings the rim out so that it no longer is a hub center rim and only attaches to the 6 lugs. Just wont work. I tried moving the rear end over by loosening the ubolts but that will not work cause the prearch mounts would have to be unwelded and placed over however far off you are. Thats not good too when your under warranty. Seems until Ford admits what has happened were pretty much screwed and have to live with it.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ And how many people told you the spacers were a bad idea and not to bother with them?

Old 12-19-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm afraid to look...

Old 12-19-2009, 03:22 PM
I finally measured mine today and yes it is off by 1". When I first purchased the truck it was not very evident as they had the bed shifted over to one side I believe this was probably to compensate the misaligned frame. I would bet if allot of you looked you would notice that your bed may also be out of alignment in relation to the cab. I believe noticing this has allot to do with the color of the vehicle as to how bad it stands out.

I do remember hearing when the truck was ready to make its debut that it was put off a couple of weeks due to frame issues. Could this be it? I don't know, but it makes me wonder. Instead of fixing the problem did they decide to "let it go", again this is just my speculation and I do hope there is a simple solution.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WayneByrom
I tried a spacer I got off of ebay that was .5" and you cant really do that because it brings the rim out so that it no longer is a hub center rim and only attaches to the 6 lugs. Just wont work. I tried moving the rear end over by loosening the ubolts but that will not work cause the prearch mounts would have to be unwelded and placed over however far off you are. Thats not good too when your under warranty. Seems until Ford admits what has happened were pretty much screwed and have to live with it.

Yes, just live with it, please.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:22 AM
there are alot of vehicles that have this problem, my ranger was the same way, i dont think its a huge deal

Old 12-20-2009, 11:27 AM
We dont have a choice so we have to live with it.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Threads like this one are the reason why I don't go on the forums much anymore. I find that I enjoy my truck a lot more when I don't read about all the things that are wrong or could go wrong with it.

How many of you with this "problem" would have never given it a second thought or even noticed it to begin with if you hadn't read about it here?

If it was something that made the truck unsafe it wouldn't be allowed on the road. A Ford truck with a "quirk" is still built better then anything the competition has.

Be proud of your rig and enjoy your truck.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tbird69
How many of you with this "problem" would have never given it a second thought or even noticed it to begin with if you hadn't read about it here?
I noticed it before this thread even started (when I put on mud flaps). Didn't care then. However, I do think this thread is very amusing.

Originally Posted by Tbird69
If it was something that made the truck unsafe it wouldn't be allowed on the road. A Ford truck with a "quirk" is still built better then anything the competition has.

Be proud of your rig and enjoy your truck.
Exactly.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:22 PM
If you guys can live with sub-standard engineering and are so happy with with your trucks why do you bother posting in this thread? For myself I don't like having a mis-aligned frame and I don't see why you have a problem with that. No, nothings perfect but this is not a small tolerance issue. I don't want to see any of the domestic autos go back to the sloppy fit and finish that was more prevalent in the 70's and 80's.

I guess my big fear would be that with the foreign trucks not doing very well that the U.S. autos might relax. I believe its because of the foreign competition that we have the higher quality vehicles that we have today. We all win! However, not if we are willing to accept serious issues like this one.

Now, having said that, I'm disappointed but will continue to enjoy the trucks other great quality's. I can probably get over this better than I could the attempt to hide this problem by shifting the bed to one side. I feel I have a right to my opinion as I have given Ford over $100K in the last four years (04,06, and now a 2010).

Old 12-20-2009, 05:04 PM
This is not a defect and the frame is not mis-aligned.

It is no big deal, get over it please and thanks.

Quick Reply: Have you guys been aware of this defect we have with the f150