2009 - 2014 F-150

Have you guys been aware of this defect we have with the f150

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you guys been aware of this defect we have with the f150

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/87...heel-well.html

Last edited by WayneByrom; 12-13-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 12-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I read the everyone's posts and then took mine in to have it looked at and Ford says they have have this problem.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Probably half the people complaining about the tires sticking out will go out and buy wider tires for their truck too at some point in a few years from now to make them look cooler too

Old 12-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Yep, and that only makes the flow show up more and sticks out more from guys that have already done it.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:04 PM
I personally, have already ordered the spacers off of ebay and at 1/2 an inch off for my truck. I am not sure if I will have to buy the longer studs? As long as you can get 8 full turns out of the nut you wont need the studs.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:10 PM
I have driven vehicles from the Big 3, as well as ones from Nissan and Toyota. Nothing is built sparkling perfect. Did you know that Toyota's FJ Cruiser has a problem with welds on the front fenders cracking and the frames breaking? I know two guys that had to have their entire frame replaced on their FJ's because they broke. I haven't noticed anything like this on my truck, but then again I haven't looked specifically for something like this. The truck drives like a Caddy to me so I'm sure if it is out of alignment back there it's not hurting anything.

If you want something that's perfect and built by hand with loving care, buy a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Trending Topics

Old 12-12-2009, 10:26 PM
How much are we talking...inches? I went out to the garage and looked at mine...it does look like the passanger rear sticks out further.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:11 PM
some guys trucks are an inch some less. It is very true what is said that every truck has its querks. I owned Dodge Rams for years and can tell ya what ya want to know about them including the vipers. vipers body lines arent always right either speaking of high end cars. My buddy has a GM truck and it rattles like a rattle snake right off the showroom floor. The dodge rams dashes crack and they have major issues with the vacumn systems with the vent doors, etc. I really like the nice ride ford offers and the very cool dash and sync and so on. This is my first ford I have had in many years. Im from the Dodge side. And actually, the upper end cars like the viper is all hand made so there are even more imperfections.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tell me, how is this a defect? How does it hurt the function of these trucks?

Thanks

Old 12-13-2009, 12:04 AM
I dont know. I am only repeating what the dealership shop foreman and techs were telling me. That is was a defect. Defect is only a word to best describe what it is. Flaw, error, etc. Its all a matter of opionion. Some people see the donut, some the hole. Some people see the glass half full some half empty. Me, I just see one needing a smaller glass. Some see freckles on a person as a flaw, some see them as cute and an attribute. What it is, is what it is.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by johnwill
Tell me, how is this a defect? How does it hurt the function of these trucks?

Thanks
Well those are two different things. I'd agree in that if it doesn't measurably hurt the function of the truck that it's not an issue worth getting worked up over, but if it at all deviates from the original design, then it is indeed a "defect." e.g. an imperfection, a discontinuity, a nonconformance.

That is was a defect. Defect is only a word to best describe what it is. Flaw, error, etc.
x2

Old 12-13-2009, 12:26 PM
right on the money...

Old 12-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I guess I go over any vehicle I buy too closely for that to get by me. I would never buy one like that in the first place. You can call it what you want, I consider it as abnormal and a defect. If nothing else, it's an appearance flaw. I would not want one with that problem.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Just checked mine and it's there. Didn't measure exactly, just eyeballed it. The passenger side tire is flush with the fender and the driver side is inside the fender. I'll get a straight edge from work and get a measurement.

I'm still not worried about it too much. It's more of a slight eyesore to me than anything, and truck still rides great. My next oil change is coming up in the next 500 miles. For sheets and grins I'll mention it to the service manager and see what he says.

Quick Reply: Have you guys been aware of this defect we have with the f150