2009 - 2014 F-150

Love the ride with an Add-a-leaf!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love the ride with an Add-a-leaf!!!

Anyone who has ever turned their nose up at an Add-a-leaf does not know what they are missing. Adding a leaf to the rear pack does change the ride of the stock suspension, but I am telling you, it is great improved. At times, i often found the rear a little slushy over bump and when carrying any type of load, not to mention, quite a bit of nose dive when you tromp the brakes.

Now with the add a leaf installed, it is a firmer, more positive feeling ride. The truck is much more stable and also able to take heavy crosswinds much better.
Also, with the truck sitting level, the truck looks much better now too.

Just my 2 cents, anyone contemplating blocks over an add-a-leaf, should think twice... at least on a truck with a 3 leaf pack stock.

Here is a before and after shot... ya, those are the stock wheels on the after shot... Its winter.

Last edited by F_ast; 12-17-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:24 PM
looks good!

Old 12-17-2009, 05:00 PM
I performed a similar mod several years ago on my Ram 1500. This helped out with stabilization especially when I was pulling a horse trailer. I will be doing the same on my new 2010 f-150. It really helps firm the ride and definitely helps the level of the vehicle as well as eliminating most of the snipe light situation at night as well.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Where did you buy the parts? Part number? Cost? Thanks.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:18 PM
I am near Toronto Canada. The leafs are by Procomp... I got them at from an offroad supply store call On-All-4, and to be honnest i never looked at the part number. Parts cost me $120

Old 12-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Nice truck. I'll have to keep an eye out for it on the road. I'm just down the road from you in Stouffville, and I work just down the road from On-All-4. But I try to stay away from there, they'll take all my money!!!

Old 12-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by F_ast
I am near Toronto Canada. The leafs are by Procomp... I got them at from an offroad supply store call On-All-4, and to be honnest i never looked at the part number. Parts cost me $120
Glad you like your aal's If you ever decide to lift the truck with a suspension lift (I suspect you might head down that road one day ) I highly suggest replacing the entire spring pack with something from deaver, national, or atlas. If you love the ride with your aal, aftermarket leaf packs will blow you away Take that three/four leaf pack and throw it in the garbage for some of these 10-12 leaf packs!

Old 12-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Did you get a short AAL or long AAL. Ive been looking into this also. The short procomp is looks easier to install and just mounts at the top, but ive heard its pretty stiff. Just curious what you ended up with.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:37 AM
I added a superspring unit last summer, and I too love what it did. (in the summer) in winter I find it doesn't allow any rocking motion that it would normally drive it self out of. The bonus with this is two bolts and I can talk it off anytime. Keep in mind my truck is 6 years old and the rear leafs were getting tired. Now even on the most relaxed setting the bottom leaf is 1.5 inches from the next one as opposed to being flat as a pancake.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by Rumble_b
Nice truck. I'll have to keep an eye out for it on the road. I'm just down the road from you in Stouffville, and I work just down the road from On-All-4. But I try to stay away from there, they'll take all my money!!!
Hey Rumble b, I work in Scarborough and run through Stouffville every day... My parents live like 5 mins from On-all-4 and am in Newmarket all the time. Jim at on all 4 is the best prices around an no more than a 2 day turn around on parts.

Originally Posted by FX4life
Glad you like your aal's If you ever decide to lift the truck with a suspension lift (I suspect you might head down that road one day ) I highly suggest replacing the entire spring pack with something from deaver, national, or atlas. If you love the ride with your aal, aftermarket leaf packs will blow you away Take that three/four leaf pack and throw it in the garbage for some of these 10-12 leaf packs!
Thanks,

I will keep that in mind... not sure when I will have the chance to run a full lift with the all the hobbies i seam to have, but definetly something I wish for. LOL.

Smokey, I will measure the leaf later on this morning and snap a pic when the sun comes up to show you where in the pack i ended up

Old 12-21-2009, 06:58 AM
Crap... sorry Smokey. I just remembered i hitched a ride to work with the wife this morning.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:26 PM
No biggy man. Im just trying to figure this out and you are just one step ahead of me, so ill just take your word for it since youve already done it. Well i guess two, you have my truck, ha.. Does your truck fit your garage? My next truck id like to have the 6.5" bed, but id much rather have the crew, but not sure if both will work. Might have to get a new house!

Old 12-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Big_Smokey
No biggy man. Im just trying to figure this out and you are just one step ahead of me, so ill just take your word for it since youve already done it. Well i guess two, you have my truck, ha.. Does your truck fit your garage? My next truck id like to have the 6.5" bed, but id much rather have the crew, but not sure if both will work. Might have to get a new house!
The SCREW is nice, as is the 6.5ft box. But the screw cab is also 6" longer than the 04-08's. I have a 34" deep garage, so length is no biggy, but with my 33s and level, its a tight head clearance to get in the door. Plus my garage is too full of snowmobiles, tractors, motorcycles and all my tool boxes.

One other think to keep in mind. The 09-10 trucks only have a 1-1/4" rear block. You truck should have a 2".

As for the leaf, I do beleive it is the long ones. It sits between the 1st short leaf and the 2nd on the stock pack. Sorry, no part number. I cant find my receipt for it. Here is a pic... sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. Wifey cant find the camera.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Ok thanks Fast. Thats what i was wondering about. Yours slips in between the existing leaf packs. I believe most guys claim that they provide a better ride then the short one that bolts on top. I dont need the part number either, i have one i just have never ordered it. I think procomp or something has them for a decent price. I can look it up on their website. I didnt know that the 09-10 were 6 inches longer cab length. Dango! Thanks again.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Ya, the new cab is huge... Look at the first pic in the thread. Side shot shows the length of door pretty good.

Quick Reply: Love the ride with an Add-a-leaf!!!