2009 - 2014 F-150

2009 F150 Crew Body Security Module

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 F150 Crew Body Security Module

I cannot find mine. I have a 2009 Crew. My 2008 ext cab had it behind back driver seat. Nowhere to be found on my Crew. I did remove the back seats and did a thorough check. I have found many threads about other years, but not 2009-10. I put a keyless entry handle on the truck and want to see if I can put a 2008 body security module with keyless on there.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:30 AM
first i don't have a clue what you are trying to do.

second you are looking for something that doesn't exist for your 09

Old 12-24-2009, 02:41 AM
Keyless Entry

All of the dealers tell me it is impossible to put keyless entry on my 2009 xlt f150. They say I need a different door. Or a wire harness and a new body security module. Well I fit a handle from a 2008 on the truck and there was a wire harness with a plug in the door. Anyway, I wnated to have the factory keyless entry on my truck. It is a 75 dollar upgrade when you buy a new truck. I am sure that there is some way to do it, but the dealers are not helpful/

Old 12-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The dealers you are talking to are almost correct ( they have not looked at the EVTM for the 2009-2010 MY too close yet ).

The door lock function is 100% contained in the SJB ( Smart Junction Box ), not the VSM ( was changed from a BSM in 2006 ) as the 2004-2008 MY trucks. The 2009 + does not have the VSM.

The SJB is where the wires from the keypad go to now, as the door locks are operated by the SJB.

What you are trying to do will not work.
You would need to remove all the door lock, door lock buttons and keypad wires from the SJB, and try to add a VSM in the passenger side kick panel, and if you have or try to program RKE fobs, the SJB is what would enter programming mode, not the VSM ( or best case both would enter prgramming mode and what would happen is unknown ).

The other side of the question, is what happens when the SJB no longer controls the door locks. Could set an error code due to the lack of door locks ( autolock function ).

Don't be quite so sure it can be done, the change over to the SJB and the communications over the Medium Speed CAN bus changes a lot for what can be modified without setting a DTC.

Last edited by SSCULLY; 12-24-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: spelling is not my thing this AM
Old 12-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You might feel better and smarter with your fancy abbreviations (YFA), but dumb people (DP) like me cannot understand it all, even though I was interested in learning about it, but your abbreviation laden post (ALP) could not help me. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (MCHNY) though. Thanks

Old 12-24-2009, 01:31 PM
If you really were that interested in learning about it it would have taken you just as much time to Google them all as it did to write your post. Only one that was not obvious I thought was EVTM.

RKE - remote keyless entry
DTC - diagnostic trouble code
EVTM - electrical/vacuum troubleshooting manual
MY - model year
VSM - vehicle security module
BSM - body security module
CAN - control area network

Old 12-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Touchy?

Old 12-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by johnwill
You might feel better and smarter with your fancy abbreviations (YFA), but dumb people (DP) like me cannot understand it all, even though I was interested in learning about it, but your abbreviation laden post (ALP) could not help me. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (MCHNY) though. Thanks
As posted, either a google search, or a search on the site here, would have answered most of the questions. Even EVTM could be found on this site.

No I do not feel smarter or better by trying to show off. Usually the case is, I feel better for trying to help members.
Your attitude of posting to poke at members is not appreciated, thus the ignore list you go.
Good luck with any questions you have, hope it works out for you.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks

Thanks for the response. I just get different answers from each dealer. Seems like they really are not interested in helping me at all. One dealer charged me 120 dollars to look at my truck. It is a 2009 with 18883 miles! another wants to charge me 54 dollars to set my tpms because the fault light is on. None will help me with the keyless entry pad.

I have to tell you guys...This is my third F150 and my 6th Ford. I leased Explorers and f150s for years, but it may be my last. The dealers seem unhappy to help me and they only want to charge me money, even though I have a bumper to bumper warranty.

And...This 6 speed trsansmission is not what I expected. It feels like it slips and does not shift smooth. the dealers tell me that is normal for the six speed. well if that is normal, I do not want normal. i want it to shift like my 2008 5.4 supercab did.

Quick Reply: 2009 F150 Crew Body Security Module