2009 - 2014 F-150

TSB for squeaky leaf springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSB for squeaky leaf springs

Hi guys and gals,

I know this subject was touched on a month or so ago but wondering if anyone has the TSB available for the squeaky leaf springs. I have an arm length of stuff for the Ford dealer to accomplish and when I asked them about the TSB, I got the dreaded "deer in the headlight look".

If someone has it and can email it to me, please shoot me a PM and I'll give you my email address.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to everyone! :santa:

Old 12-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Okay, I went to the dealer today - it seems there is not a TSB on the leaf spring issue - but the service writer called it a "special service" something ot another. He said that was the reason I couldn't find it in a TSB.

I had them order the parts to fix the loosed seat cushions and the headliner issue.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by ibcop
I had them order the parts to fix the loosed seat cushions and the headliner issue.
my dealer has these same parts on order for me too, I knew they wouldn't have them in stock when I went the first time. I'll probably go back next week to have it done.

I also asked about the transmission reflash and the guy warned me that alot of people have complained about a loss of power after getting the reflash. basically he said the reflash de-tunes the power of the truck so it doesn't shift as hard. only occasionaly I get the harsh 2-1 downshift and never on the upshift, so I'm going to live with it rather than risk losing any power.

Last edited by SteveVFX4; 12-21-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
my dealer has these same parts on order for me too, I knew they wouldn't have them in stock when I went the first time. I'll probably go back next week to have it done.

I also asked about the transmission reflash and the guy warned me that alot of people have complained about a loss of power after getting the reflash. basically he said the reflash de-tunes the power of the truck so it doesn't shift as hard. only occasionaly I get the harsh 2-1 downshift and never on the upshift, so I'm going to live with it rather than risk losing any power.
That's what I did - order the parts and then I'll bring it in.

Wierd you mentioned the tranny re-flash issue. I thought mine was "bogging" down.....seems like to fall on it's face if you give it mild to moderate gas. I hope they will do a software update - unless they can flash it back to the original version.

Last edited by ibcop; 12-23-2009 at 08:40 AM.

Quick Reply: TSB for squeaky leaf springs