2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 Lariat vs Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Lariat vs Platinum

Merry Christmas All:

I used to have a 2002 Lariat that I loved. I'm thinking of retiring a 2004 Murano with 123k miles and purchasing a new 2010 Lariat.

While I continue to search, can someone give me the basic differences between the Lariat and the Platinum? Fordvehicles.com isn't really telling me what the extra $9k is getting me.

I'm looking for the 5.4 V8, leather, comfortable interior. I changed out the exhaust on my 2002 with a catback. Not sure what all is available on the 2010.

Thanks for any info and I'll continue to search the board.

Old 12-25-2009, 05:05 PM
The main difference is the Platinum is much fancier. Not worth it in my opinion. The Platinum has power running boards and comes with everything pretty well standard whereas you has to option the Lariat out to get the same items.

My buddy bought a Platinum and its beatiful, just too nice for what I use mine for....

Old 12-25-2009, 09:01 PM
The power running boards were just a little over the top for me. Besides the gauges looked like my grandmother's 70s vintage County Squire station wagon with the fake wood on the side. Ordered a Lariat.

John

Old 12-25-2009, 10:16 PM
the other guys explained it pretty good, platinum has all the extras and then some, just depends on want you like, i have an fx4 with leather , luxury package, etc. and love it , i would check them out also

Old 12-25-2009, 10:47 PM
.... anyone start to think about the buy what you need troll?? lol
it just has all the bells and whistles that you can get on a lariat, but they are "standard" on the plat, pwr running board, nav, different instrument cluster, nicer leather... stuff like that

Old 12-26-2009, 12:25 AM
I brought a Lariat back in 2005....Love the thing, has everything you really need. I brought it back when ford was offering the family plan to all their customers. got a killer deal on it, fully loaded minus Navigation...I just recently installed the Pioneer Z110BT, probably one of the best navigations i ever had to deal with...blazing fast...and why i am talking about this navi...cause it only cost 1200 dollars, not 2200 from the manufacturer...and it links up to the steering wheel controls, and so on,,,,

Im actually looking at a new truck now, as my lariat is about to be paid off...but at 55k miles, zero issues, its hard to want to get rid of it. interior still looks awesome.

Im debating between the new FX4 fully loaded or a Raptor...problem is that i cant find a raptor for less than 46k at a dealership....i cant see myself spending that much after i only but spent 29k on a fully loaded lariat LOL man im hoping Ford comes back with that family plan cause i woul dbe first in line for a new Raptor LOL

But to sum it all up, i think the Platinum looks nice, but i have no idea why would somebody go with a platinum and not just go with a Lariat...poor marketing on fords part. Looks nice, but a fully blown Lariat looks dead similar, i would rather compare a King Ranch and a Lariat than a Platinum...jmho

Old 12-26-2009, 03:22 AM
Just go to http://www.fordvehicles.com and go to the F-150 site. Click on specs. Then click on "Download Specifications."

Includes all LARIAT features, plus:

EXTERIOR: PLATINUM badges; body-color front/rear
bumpers and wheel-lip moldings; Satin-finish grille
surround with chrome mesh insert; chrome front tow
hooks (4x4); chrome door handles; power-deployable
running boards; power-fold, heated sideview mirrors
with memory, chrome caps, integrated turn-signal
indicators, security approach lamps and auto-dimming
driver-side feature; bright bodyside accent moldings;
high-gloss Black B-pillar appliqué; chrome exhaust tip;
satin-finish tailgate appliqué; rain-sensing windshield
wipers; 20" polished-aluminum wheels

INTERIOR: Unique leather-trimmed, 10-way power,
heated and cooled front bucket seats; heated unique
leather-trimmed 60/40 split one-touch fold-up rear
seat with folding armrest; unique leather-wrapped
steering wheel with real wood insert, power tilt
column and memory; unique brushed-aluminum
appliqué on center panel and console; Sony AM/
FM stereo/6-disc in-dash CD changer with MP3
capability and speed-compensated volume control;
visors with lighted, covered vanity mirrors and
Universal Garage Door Opener; front flow-through
console with unique leather-trimmed lid; unique scuff
plates and instrument cluster face; Reverse Sensing
System; Rear View Camera; Ambient Lighting

It will also have a special noise reducing windshield to keep the noise outside and some other stuff not listed here...

Old 12-26-2009, 08:46 AM
$9k difference? You must be looking at a stripped down Lariat then. I didn't price out the Lariat but a fully loaded FX4 instead, and the Platinum was only $3k more than the loaded FX4, so I went ahead and got the Platinum. I like the look with painted bumpers better so that's why I was looking at the FX4 or Platinum.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Yeah a fully loaded platinum aint much more than a fully loaded lariat or FX4. If you can afford the Platinum then go for it. It's the best half-ton they make if it suits your needs.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Barritia
Yeah a fully loaded platinum aint much more than a fully loaded lariat or FX4. If you can afford the Platinum then go for it. It's the best half-ton they make if it suits your needs.
When I priced out a Lariat the way I wanted it I was within a few thousand dollars of a comparably equipped Platinum and the Platinum had a few features that were not available on the Lariat so I ordered a Platinum on December 7.

What is the "Turn-Signal Mod" you reference in your signature? I am hoping it is a way to get the one touch three flash feature that I have on my current (but not for long) GM truck.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Most people dont realize that you can only get the ELocker 3.73 in the FX4. If you are interested in Max towing you need to order that on both the FX4 and Lariat, it comes standard on the Platinum. As said before you can only get heated/cooled seats and retractable running boards with the Platinum.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:34 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
An Xl is basically the same thing

wait for it

wait for it

Old 12-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by danimal2
you can only get heated/cooled seats with the Platinum.
Not true. My 09 Lariat has heated and cooled front seats. My boys call it the baked beans and snow ***** switch.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:04 PM
2010 Platinum - heated/cooled only, all other 2010 trims have heated seats options only

Old 12-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by danimal2
2010 Platinum - heated/cooled only, all other 2010 trims have heated seats options only

Quick Reply: 2010 Lariat vs Platinum