2009 - 2014 F-150

tool box for 09-10 Supercrew???

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^looks good!

Old 03-23-2010, 07:46 AM
I know how you feel. The low pro box I had in my 03 didnt fit inside the bed of my 09 either. I have a box the fits inside cause of my cap.

I had to add feet to the bottom of the box to clear the bump for the fuel neck that is between the wheel hump and cap. Pretty stupid, but worked and still fits below the rails.

I'll get a pic later

Old 03-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by JCU Delt Ox
I got my box from Northern Tool. Pretty good price and I think it looks great.

What model or item # is this one? I am thinking of pulling the trigger if it has enough space underneath it. Can you show me a picture of it with the tailgate down to see the clearance underneath? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
Slim

Old 03-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Texas10XLT
... I guess I just gave up too quick when the DeeZee brand "tractor supply" box wouldn't fit. I'll look into Kobalt and UCW. And Tford, It's a 5.5 box. I think since Ford put some length into the body of the truck, but not into the distance between front and rear wheels (whatever the technical term is) it moved the wheel wells forward in the box causing me issues..
My understanding is that the wheelbase of the truck is 6" longer on the 09/10s than previous, but all that distance is added in the cab, specifically around the B-Pillar (between the doors). I have been moving a RKI box (http://www.rki-us.com/products.aspx?catid=6 )between all my trucks (See signature for models), but once I got the 2005 with 5.5' bed, the rake of the truck and the above bed height of the box blocked too much view looking out the back window where I couldn't even see the tailgate. It fit fine, otherwise. I did, however, have about 12" (visualizing from memory) of clearance underneath.

As for the internal dimensions of the bed, I do not believe they have changed from the 04-08s to the 09/10s.

Originally Posted by BlacknTan
Got a Weatherguard on my 5.5 bed. Sits a little high (blocks the lower 1/3+ of the rear window), but it's a great box.
Sounds about like my RKI box. They make a low profile box that has the same depth (from bed rail), but the above bed rail height is 2-3" high.....MUCH better than the one I have. Mine would be fine on a leveled truck with a 6.5" bed though.

Last edited by heybeermantx; 03-23-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor

The wheel wells in the 09-10 trucks are closer to the cab than previous years, and those wells can get in the way of certain boxes. I'd recommend a test fitting before buying anything.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by F150Aggie
The wheel wells in the 09-10 trucks are closer to the cab than previous years, and those wells can get in the way of certain boxes. I'd recommend a test fitting before buying anything.
I'm really not sure about the wheel wells being closer than before. I have a rubber bed mat that I've transferred from my 2002 (6.5" bed), to my 2005 (5.5" bed), and now to my 2010 (5.5" bed). The only difference is that in the 5.5" bed the mat goes up the headwall approx. 12". Everything else matches up just fine (end of bed, wheel wells, width, etc) between all three models.

If the 09/10 beds changed wheel well position, but maintained the 5.5" length that the 04-08 have, then the cutouts for the wheel wells should not line up anymore.

I do agree about a deep box possibly hitting the wheel wells and checking numbers or doing a test fit before you commit.

Quick Reply: tool box for 09-10 Supercrew???