2009 - 2014 F-150

Anyone's tranny leaking? Mine is!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 01:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
this is why you never buy a vehicle the first year off the line...lots of problems to get kinked out. i learned the hard way- new engine
My 2005 had a leak like that from the factory, simple warranty repair. New models were were 2004 back then.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ah yes .. the 'Toyotafication' of the F150. 'yoda has been doing that trick for a while now.

'Sealed' chassis components are bad enough ... now it's trannies....

I too thought I had a fluid problem, then I noticed my dog 'smiling' at me

Good luck.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some members think the tranny is doomed. It's a leak, doomers, not catastrophic failure.

OP, keep us posted on the fix the dealership or Ford performs.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:44 PM
10-4, I'll do that!

Now that I think back, I remember a puddle in the driveway, wondering where it came from. No way it came from the new truck! . This was several weeks ago and nothing since until yesterday.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by BIG_ole_TRUCK
some members think the tranny is doomed. It's a leak, doomers, not catastrophic failure.

OP, keep us posted on the fix the dealership or Ford performs.
I don't think people think its doomed but its really not good when your new tranny is leaking and you cant even check the fluid.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Truck should be ready today by noon. Tech said it was a bad transmission seal. I asked if there had been more F150 in for the same problem and he said no, mine was the first. Ill get more details as soon as I pick her up.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by BLACKNIGHT
Truck should be ready today by noon. Tech said it was a bad transmission seal. I asked if there had been more F150 in for the same problem and he said no, mine was the first. Ill get more details as soon as I pick her up.
I just dropped mine off. They also said they haven't dealt with any other issues. I mentioned another owner had the same issue, but didn't get a reponse. I am having the sealt clip TSB, and headliner TSB done while it's there. They gave me a loaner car - an 08 Escape.....it's alright but I miss the truck already.

On a side note, has anyone has issues with the TPMS light coming on from time to time after a tire rotation? I never saw the light until the tires were rotated at the dealer. I check the pressure every Sunday (****, I know ) so I know it's not the pressure. I will get the message across the dash, and the light will flash for a period of time, then go steady and remain on until I park. Once I re-start, the message and light are gone. About every 10-14 days, it'll come back. Dealer has stated no need to re-set the TMPS for a tire rotation and if the light isn't on when I come in, it won't log a code into the memory. Ideas?

Old 01-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Well, two days later and the damn dealer hasn't even looked at it! I am so mad I could spit nails! I caught them in a lie and now they are tap dancing trying to win me over. One service advisor blew hot air up my rear and claimed on day one it was on the rack being taken care of. But when I called back yesterday (they said they would call me in the am, but didn't), the service manager said they hadn't even got in yet. When asked about why I was told about the truck supposedly being serviced, the service manager replied with "oh, that person is new and was trying to help you out". WTF?

Old 01-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by ibcop
Well, two days later and the damn dealer hasn't even looked at it! I am so mad I could spit nails! I caught them in a lie and now they are tap dancing trying to win me over. One service advisor blew hot air up my rear and claimed on day one it was on the rack being taken care of. But when I called back yesterday (they said they would call me in the am, but didn't), the service manager said they hadn't even got in yet. When asked about why I was told about the truck supposedly being serviced, the service manager replied with "oh, that person is new and was trying to help you out". WTF?

well it looks like your in for the long haul with this, they probably will just tell you they never saw anything wrong after you wait three days and then you'll take it home and leaking and go back again.. never fails.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Sorry for not updating fellas, work has been crazy. I didnt bring the report from my dealer to work. All I remember is that they had to replace 3 things. Cant remember exactly what they were. What I do remember is that one said transmission pump replace. This one stood out the most. Ill try to give you guys more info this evening.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:12 PM
If your not too far in warranty you could always just drive it till it blows and then have a new tranny courtesy of ford.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by Maxout05
If your not too far in warranty you could always just drive it till it blows and then have a new tranny courtesy of ford.
I got an update yesterday - it seems it is some sort of connector that goes into the transmission just above the cross member. But it seems no one has the part - they were supposed to call me back yesterday afternoon, but of course they didn't. I'll post more when I have additional details. But on the plus side....I got my seat clips installed.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:30 AM
I got an update yesterday - it seems it is some sort of connector that goes into the transmission just above the cross member. But it seems no one has the part - they were supposed to call me back yesterday afternoon, but of course they didn't. I'll post more when I have additional details. But on the plus side....I got my seat clips installed.
Thats great so they told you its broke but they cant fix it, lol!! Man its like your reliving my experience with my 06 ram.
Seriously though I've been playing around with my comments alittle due to my past experience with new truck issues and dealers, sorry, lol!
On a serious note If they admit theres an issue, and you obviously cant check the fluid then if the tranny goes down in the future it will be covered, so either way you'll be ok in the end. Unfortunately it seems like your playing the game with one of the "fun" dealers and not with a "get it done" dealers. Just be patient even though it sucks. Are they giving you a new truck to drive around while its there for a week?? Cause you cant haul in a edge..

Old 01-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by Maxout05
Thats great so they told you its broke but they cant fix it, lol!! Man its like your reliving my experience with my 06 ram.
Seriously though I've been playing around with my comments alittle due to my past experience with new truck issues and dealers, sorry, lol!
On a serious note If they admit theres an issue, and you obviously cant check the fluid then if the tranny goes down in the future it will be covered, so either way you'll be ok in the end. Unfortunately it seems like your playing the game with one of the "fun" dealers and not with a "get it done" dealers. Just be patient even though it sucks. Are they giving you a new truck to drive around while its there for a week?? Cause you cant haul in a edge..
Funny you say "Edge", cause that's what they have me driving! And it sucks! This 6 banger sucks gas like the FX4 does!

Old 01-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Funny you say "Edge", cause that's what they have me driving! And it sucks! This 6 banger sucks gas like the FX4 does!
Haha I was only kidding, lol! I cant believe they gave you an edge for a week repair.. if it goes any longer be sure to get a p/u, theres no reason not too.

Quick Reply: Anyone's tranny leaking? Mine is!