2009 - 2014 F-150

x-plan website

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 04:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're getting hassles with respect to an "obtained" X Plan Pin. There are ways to get your own. The easiests is buy say 5 shares of Ford stock. Contact Ford's Investor Relations group. Request the forms to obtain stock owners special pricing (X Plan). Fill them out along with a copy of proof of stock ownership and fax them in. In a couple days, Ford Investor Relations will send you your very own X Plan Pin. If you dealer says you need some form of ID or proof, it's just them searching for a way to make you think you aren't elligible. IF this is happening, go to another dealer.

Also, be sure to ask the dealer to look in their system for any/all available incentives. X plan participans are sometimes given extra incentives. Plus, there could be others that you are elligible for. Most good sales folks will do this when they try to get you a better deal.

Last, and I think someone may have said this. When talking with the dealer, ask how they price their vehicles vs X Plan pricing. Sometimes plan pricing isn't as good as the dealers normal pricing.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:12 AM
Originally Posted by svt2205
If you dealer says you need some form of ID or proof, it's just them searching for a way to make you think you aren't elligible. IF this is happening, go to another dealer.
I don't know where you are coming from here. Its right on the Xplan Website that the dealer is REQUIRED to ask for ID or paystub as verification. If your dealer didn't do it, it sounds like they were the ones not following the rules.

I can't imagine a dealer giving you a better deal than Xplan. Xplan already is real dealer invoice. At xplan price the dealer will only make a couple hundred bucks on the vehicle. They are not going to sell a vehicle for a loss, there in business to make money too.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by Derff96963
I don't know where you are coming from here. Its right on the Xplan Website that the dealer is REQUIRED to ask for ID or paystub as verification. If your dealer didn't do it, it sounds like they were the ones not following the rules.

I can't imagine a dealer giving you a better deal than Xplan. Xplan already is real dealer invoice. At xplan price the dealer will only make a couple hundred bucks on the vehicle. They are not going to sell a vehicle for a loss, there in business to make money too.
You still pay the advertising fee and the dealer still get the holdback, so the dealer is still making money - maybe not as much as a deal wihtout X-Plan pricing, but they do.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Both the advertising fee and holdback are negotiable, expecially if you're ordering a truck!

Old 01-08-2010, 10:50 AM
My understanding is x-plan is 4% over dealer cost. So if dealer price is $35000 that's $1400 dollars more for a price of $36400. But if the sticker price on that same truck is $42000 and Ford is offering up to $8000 off window price suddenly you're down to $34000 and now you're below dealer price. I just ball parked the numbers for easy figuring but you get the idea.

I could be way off on this, feel free to correct me.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:48 PM
I actually just went through the process of factory ordering an F150 Supercrew XTR using X-Plan and it is dealer price plus 4% then you take off any factory incentives.

Using icedemon's example if the DPrice+4% is 36,400, I then had 7,000 taken off after that. In the end I saved a little over 10,000 using X-Plan and the current factory incentives.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:44 AM
Originally Posted by Derff96963

I'm basing my statement based on actually purchasing 5 new Ford's using X Plan. Not one what it says on some website. If it's REQUIRED, then why didn't I need to present something? Additionally, Ford recommends that their employee's share X Plan PIN's with friends and family. If you recieve one of those, what form of ID and all would you be able to present? It's a guideline not a set in stone requirement. The point to my comment before is, if a dealer is trying to make things tough for you. Do business elsewhere.

At X plan a dealer is making at least 1500 on the deal (based on your typical mid level F150). You've got to understand that there's an adversiting assesment fee added in and holdback, at the very least.

Remember that the FMAF/LMDA Assesment (dealer adverstising fee) and holdback are just as negotiable as the MSRP.

Last edited by svt2205; 01-09-2010 at 04:46 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm basing my statement based on actually purchasing 5 new Ford's using X Plan. Not one what it says on some website. If it's REQUIRED, then why didn't I need to present something? Additionally, Ford recommends that their employee's share X Plan PIN's with friends and family. If you recieve one of those, what form of ID and all would you be able to present? It's a guideline not a set in stone requirement. The point to my comment before is, if a dealer is trying to make things tough for you. Do business elsewhere.

At X plan a dealer is making at least 1500 on the deal (based on your typical mid level F150). You've got to understand that there's an adversiting assesment fee added in and holdback, at the very least.

Remember that the FMAF/LMDA Assesment (dealer adverstising fee) and holdback are just as negotiable as the MSRP.
Quote below if right from FAQ section from fordpartner.com

"2. Who is eligible?

Active employees (salaried, hourly and contract), retirees, members of organizations and their households who reside within the U.S. You will be required to show proof of employment or membership by an organization or company eligible for Partner Recognition benefits at the time you take delivery of your vehicle. See our X-Plan Eligibility section for details. Driver's licenses' will be required for proof of residence for the Partner Company employee and household member."

Again if you dealer is not asking for it they are in violation of the policy.

As far as the fees below is also from fordpartner.com

"The X-Plan price is the amount shown in the box labeled "X-Plan" near the bottom of the factory invoice. The New Vehicle Purchase Program price includes advertising, finance costs, transportation, fuel charges and Ford Motor Company administrative fees. The dealership may not charge extra for these items. "

In connection with that the dealer cannot "sweetin" the deal. The section is too long to quote but the dealer is obligated to charge you xplan price. They are not allowed to discount or throw in any adders or deductions worth over $50. If floor mats cost the dealer more than $50 they can't throw them in for free. If your dealer gave you more off that's good for you but I would not advertise it. Since they seem to be in violation of ford policy they could get fined by ford.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:35 PM
If you're getting hassles with respect to an "obtained" X Plan Pin. There are ways to get your own. The easiests is buy say 5 shares of Ford stock. Contact Ford's Investor Relations group. Request the forms to obtain stock owners special pricing (X Plan). Fill them out along with a copy of proof of stock ownership and fax them in. In a couple days, Ford Investor Relations will send you your very own X Plan Pin. If you dealer says you need some form of ID or proof, it's just them searching for a way to make you think you aren't elligible. IF this is happening, go to another dealer.
Actually an e-mail I received from Ford shareholder services 9/30/09, stated you must own at least 100 shares for at least 6 months. That's where I received my PIN.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by 1depd
Actually an e-mail I received from Ford shareholder services 9/30/09, stated you must own at least 100 shares for at least 6 months. That's where I received my PIN.
I wonder if I can get 2 pins and give one to my folks? I get the x-plan through work and I've had more than 100 ford shares for more then 6 months...hmmm...

Old 01-10-2010, 02:55 PM
If you need some pins let me know. I get 6 a year. All I need is your name address and last 4 of your social security number.

Quick Reply: x-plan website