2009 - 2014 F-150

Remote start w/heated seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote start w/heated seats

Hi guys, new to forum. Just hoping to get some help. I searched back and read all the posts on the possibility of getting the seat heat to work with the remote start. Took them to my Ford tech install guy and he says he doesn't think it can be done.

Wondering if we have a "final ruling" here, that no on could do it with the Ford 6 button remote. I wanna stick with the Ford dealer installed product.

My FX4 has heated only seats..not cooling.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:45 PM
I filled out the information form on kcautosound this week regarding the very same thing but have not heard back as of yet. I want to get a remote start installed but wanted a update as to the status of the heated seats. I have the Lariat with Heated/Cooled seats.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:54 PM
My Viper 5901 has auxiliary outputs. If your remote start has something similar you may be able to wire that up.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:52 PM
I also emailed KC Autosound, but I guess they're probably super busy right now.

My installer mentioned he may be able to set up the 2 auxiliary buttons, but he said he wouldn't "Jump" them. He wants everything to be "proper" so he said if I really wanted, he might be able to do the driver seat for #1 button and the passenger seat on #2 button. So that leaves rear defrost out of the picture.

Not sure if that's what you meant Greenbuck

Old 01-09-2010, 09:34 AM
first of all, in the old postings, we already said that it can't be done. at least not those with the heated and cooled seats. They are tied into the CANBUS data network and you would need a data bus interface module to access them, but there is no interface currently made for Fords. I have the 6-button Ford system and I had a Ford/Viper installer come to my house and we couldn't get the seats to work.

there might be a chance if you just have the heated seats only, but I'm not sure. Even if you did get them hooked up to the #1 and #2 buttons, you wouldn't lose your rear defrost. On the Ford system, there is a third AUX channel for the rear defrost and it's activated by pressing the remote start button again after you remote start the truck.

In 2011, a new Ford remote start system is supposed to come out and it says it will be able to activate the heated/cooled seats. I'm hoping it can be hooked up on our 09's.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Yeah, that is all what I meant.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Thanks guys,

That answers my question. I will let you know the results.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Loo
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
first of all, in the old postings, we already said that it can't be done. at least not those with the heated and cooled seats. They are tied into the CANBUS data network and you would need a data bus interface module to access them, but there is no interface currently made for Fords. I have the 6-button Ford system and I had a Ford/Viper installer come to my house and we couldn't get the seats to work.

there might be a chance if you just have the heated seats only, but I'm not sure. Even if you did get them hooked up to the #1 and #2 buttons, you wouldn't lose your rear defrost. On the Ford system, there is a third AUX channel for the rear defrost and it's activated by pressing the remote start button again after you remote start the truck.

In 2011, a new Ford remote start system is supposed to come out and it says it will be able to activate the heated/cooled seats. I'm hoping it can be hooked up on our 09's.
How long do you have to wait to press the button a third time to activate the rear defrost?

Old 01-09-2010, 03:26 PM
^not sure but I would at least wait until the engine cranks over. Then press the button and the parking lights should flash again. That's if they hooked up the rear defrost, they normally don't.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:50 PM
SteveVFX4,

How did you know about pressing the start button again?

Is it in the manual? I wanna send my install guy in the right direction.

When I mentioned this the first time he said "pushing the start button again turns off the engine."

Any idea how where I can get any more info or even tech data on how to hook it up so I can pass it along to the install guy?

thanks

Last edited by F150Vic; 01-09-2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: misleading
Old 01-09-2010, 04:31 PM
if you press and "hold" the remote start button in, then it does shut off the engine. But a single press activates the defroster (side mirror and/or rear defrost). It's in the 6-button system owner's manual.

You can find the various Ford remote start Technical manuals on this website, goto install instructions and then electronics: http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/techSpecs.do

I just learned about these systems from reading those tech manuals. I installed a Ford system back in 2002 myself. Later, I just paid to have the Ford system installed in my 04 truck and now my 09 too. The guy who came to my house just charged me just $80 to install my 09 system, well worth it since it would have taken me all day. He was done in an hour.

Quick Reply: Remote start w/heated seats