2009 - 2014 F-150

blower motor off on start up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blower motor off on start up?

I was always taught to make sure my blower motor for my heat or a/c is turned off before trying to start the truck, because it takes alot of life out of your battery and alternator. but on the 2009 it is electronic so the truck has to have the key turned to turn it on or off, or else i have to remember to turn it off before shutting off the truck. I was wondering if this is necessary on the new trucks or if i should just leave it on and not worry about it.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:22 AM
I use the auto setting on the electronic climate control system. Dial in the temp you would like and let the computer do the rest. There's no reason to turn it on or off, leave it on all the time.

On cold mornings, the blower will not work until the motor has warmed up a little (assuming you have the climate control on auto).

Old 01-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Just leave it and forget it. A lot of other cars/trucks (including the 04-08 Lariat/King Ranch/luxury FX4) have auto climate control too. If the charging system couldn't handle having the EATC on when the engine is cranked, the manufacturers would automatically turn it off when the car is turned off. I was taught to cover the brake, but not depress it when starting my car for the same reason you gave, but you have to depress the brake the start cars with push button start.

Quick Reply: blower motor off on start up?