2009 - 2014 F-150

Things I wish were different on my 2010

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just noticed today as I was driving into the sun that the visor only has one position. It snaps all the way forward. Not cool when the sun is low.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Hitched_Gibson
I just noticed today as I was driving into the sun that the visor only has one position. It snaps all the way forward. Not cool when the sun is low.
Mine actually has two positons and slides (sideways) too - I really like that feature.

To the OP, things I would have liked to see on Ford's Preimum F-150 (Platinum) would have been auto up/down windows, a factory alarm, and at least global down for the windows and sun roof so when approaching on a hot day, you could expel the hot air before getting in the truck. Other small things would be the one touch lane signal, electric tailgate lock, footwell and rear dome reading lights, small stuff that you would think a $50K Platinum would come equipped with. Optional Bi Zenon self leveling headlights would be a great option for the F-150 as well!

Last edited by HotLap; 01-19-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by HotLap
Optional Bi Zenon self leveling headlights would be a great option for the F-150 as well!
x2! C'mon Ford, let's get those HID head's, LED tail's and Always-Hot Upfitter Switches into the F-150, pronto! Throw a heated steering wheel & remote started heated seats/wheel too! Heck, let's go all out and get those security/puddle lamps switched out to white LED's and put some real amber LED's (with clear plastic covering) on both sides of the side view mirror's as well!

I could get really crazy and shoot for at least 1 cooled cupholder to keep my Mt. Dew thirsty-cold as well. Bwahaha! (Doesn't the boxy Flex have a fridge or something in it?)

Seriously though, it's about time FoMoCo learned how to put aside their trepidation and install HID's & LED's. No need to be so scared, Ford, they actually work better than halogen's, trust me. Curb your fear and learn how to install them, you'll be happy you did, and so won't your customers.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Amen. That is something that REALLY gets on my nerves about my 2010.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:54 AM
My sunvisor can be snapped forward or run in the vertical position when the sun is low in the sky. It does not have a detent in this position but stays put even on the roughest roads.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
I'm very suspicious of Ford's "capless" fuel system -- I have a hunch issues are going to show up with this over time.

Another thing that I was shocked to find wasn't upgraded with the new body style was that godawful plastic fuel door. Besides the steering wheel and some interior switches, this is probably the part of the truck you'll touch the most over the years and instead of grabbing a nice, solid, metal door, you grab a flimsy, cheap piece of plastic.......
I'm not sure why you think the fuel fill door is cheap and flimsy - mine feels very solid.

I love the no fuel cap feature. I'm not sure why you are suspicious of it, I have no reason to believe it will not be superior to a traditional cap.

The one thing I would change about my truck is the way the lights and radio are always staying on when I turn the key to "off". I think the manual says this behavior can be re-programmed (at least for the lights) but the procedure is rather technical and not necessarily well described in the owner's manual. I think my attempts to program it to shut off immediately were not successful unless I misunderstand the description in the owner's manual.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah, it is odd that if you leave the radio on, shut off the truck, then use remote start, the radio starts right up. In my previous F-150's, even if you left your radio on when you shut truck off, if you used remote start the radio did not come on until you got in and turned it on. I thought that was great for putting less strain on the battery while the truck was idling warming up.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:07 PM
Only things I am not a big fan of:

1. The auto dimming rear view mirror and driver's side mirror. With tinted windows and the auto dimming mirrors I can't see squat at night.

2. When playing USB w/ Sync, after shutting off the truck and restarting sometimes it goes back to the USB, sometimes AM radio comes on.

3. What I have read several times before, no handle on the driver's side pillar.

4. No auto up on windows.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Control to heat back of seat only(loved this feature year around in my Silverado), Auto UP window

Quick Reply: Things I wish were different on my 2010