2009 - 2014 F-150

Things I wish were different on my 2010

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things I wish were different on my 2010

I really like my 2010 XL (4.6L, Auto, 3.73 rear) -- rides well, seems to run good, all that stuff. But I've noticed a couple things I wish were different. Little piddly stuff, but still..

The "no gas cap" feature. I've had the truck a couple months now, still can't get used to this. Not sure what the point is.

Wish the latch handle for seat divider was in front instead of on the side; the current location is hard to reach when it's up

The MPG computer needs to be tuned. Back and forth to work, it reports high 17's MPG. When I fill up and do the math against the trip meter, it works out to be low 15's.

Wish it shipped with a left side foot rest from the factory.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by BudDurland

The "no gas cap" feature. I've had the truck a couple months now, still can't get used to this. Not sure what the point is.

The MPG computer needs to be tuned. Back and forth to work, it reports high 17's MPG. When I fill up and do the math against the trip meter, it works out to be low 15's.
i know one of the reason they got rid of the gas cap was so when ppl left it off it would set a cel, brought the truck back to the dealer, and they had to pay the tech to scan it, tighten the gas cap and give it back to the customer, now there is no way for the driver to "leave the gas cap loose"

and i have never ever seen a mpg computer be on the money, its always said it gets higher mpg then it really is.....

Old 01-10-2010, 06:33 PM
I don't mind any of the mentioned things. The one thing that I dislike is, the parking brake is too close to the side. I am scraping the plastic side panel every time I set the parking brake.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:30 PM
You can get one of these from Domenic at www.Tascafordparts.com
Your local Ford dealer parts dept. might be cheaper by the time you add in shipping from Tasca.

Accessory Catalog
Locking Fuel Plug 1 $16.99
P/N 8U5Z-9C268-B [EDIT] This is a 2009 P/N but I am pretty sure it will fit the 2010. Ask Domenic to be sure [/EDIT]

At least it will keep your fuel tank protected from kids pouring stuff in it. Won't stop the siphoners though, they just punch a hole in your tank from underneath the truck.

Last edited by hemigod; 01-10-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Emissions.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:00 PM
I wish the price was different. I'd live with the gas cap.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:04 PM
I like no gas cap, especially when they hang them by cords and they rub your paint like on my F250. At least GM put a holder on the gas door for the cap. I also like it for annual inspection, no gas cap test to fail. Good deal overall, one less part to replace or maintain...

Old 01-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can see advantages/disadvantages to not having a gas cap. For instance, last winter I had a problem with my gas cap freezing and it was a b*&#% to get off.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:30 PM
i had no idea about the gas cap untill i went for the first fill up..I was holy crap they sold me a truck w/o the gas cap..then i realized it was made that way..lol

Something that kind of bugged me at first was the no toe hooks on the front of my truck. Yes it's a 4x2 but i dont think i have ever seen any truck without them. what if i get a wildhair up my rear and think I can go off road like a 4x4 and not plan on getting stuck or what happens when I come across a vehical that is stuck or I run out of gas and neeed a pull..Not sure if they thought that through when they were trying to save money when in production. Any thoughts on the hooks

Old 01-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by L8 APEX
I like no gas cap, especially when they hang them by cords and they rub your paint like on my F250. At least GM put a holder on the gas door for the cap. I also like it for annual inspection, no gas cap test to fail. Good deal overall, one less part to replace or maintain...
Totally. My 97 and 98 both had marks from the stupid gas cap. Although my 2004 did have a spot to hang the cord which kept it away from paint (unless you lightly bumped into it and it went swinging). No gas cap is awesome.

I can still only find 1 thing missing from my 09 which a previous F150 had, and that's the armrests for the Captain's Chairs. Miss those.

Not that I ever needed it, but did they put a light under the hood for '09 or not? I have an '09 and have no idea, so shows I don't care but have heard that mentioned before. I'm sure my '98 had one, but not sure my '04 did.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:33 PM

Wish the latch handle for seat divider was in front instead of on the side; the current location is hard to reach when it's up
my 2001 has the same thing. except its not a problem in mine

Old 01-11-2010, 05:29 AM
Originally Posted by d4studmuf1n
i have never ever seen a mpg computer be on the money, its always said it gets higher mpg then it really is.....
Well, I didn't really expect it to be on the money, but I didn't expect it to be so far off, either.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:32 AM
Originally Posted by Anthony09F150
Not sure if they thought that through when they were trying to save money when in production. Any thoughts on the hooks
To be honest, I wasn't expected front tow hooks. When the weather gets warmer I'll probably look underneath for a place to add a short piece of chain.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by L8 APEX
What year is your F250? My last 2008 had a hook on the fuel door like my wifes Expy. In the "old days" I added one of those plastic 3M tape backed hooks that come in a card of about ten at any home inprovement center. Stuck it on and used that. It prevented that lovely cap rash we all hate.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:53 AM
I've had my new 2010 for 1K so far. I miss the big buttons for the fan and hot/cold that my 2006 had. The gas cap doesn't bother me. The Sync system takes some getting use to, but hopefully will get it figured out.

Quick Reply: Things I wish were different on my 2010