2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 FX4 s-crew v. Tundra Limited Double Cab

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dcf
I agree and had a similar experience. The reason that the Denali was not on my list was 1: I doubt GM reliability, and 2: no 6.5' box option.
I really like the front end looks of the Denali - but the interior was quite a letdown compared with the Platinum. Also, there were things you couldn't get on the Denali (fully optioned) that were dealbreakers for me: 1) You couldn't get 4x4 - had to accept all wheel drive, 2) no power running boards, 3) no airconditioned seats, and the sales guy told me the larger V8 was standard and I couldn't get the smaller V8. I don't use my truck at the drag strip and the 5.4L has plenty of get up and go for me...I couldn't see wasting even more $$'s on a larger V8 that I had no interest in. So those factors pretty much eleminated the Denali from my list.

Anyway, good luck with your search and the Ford is an excellent product!! I can just get my Screw 5.5 in the garage - the 6.5 wouldn't fit - but mine sits outside anyway. I have a Cab cooler (cover for just the cab) that is real quick to get on/off and stores easily under the rear seat that I use to protect the rubber mouldings, etc from UV rays and keep it clean longer after washing. My '05 Lariat 4x4 was black - a big mistake if you live in a dusty area as it was impossible to keep clean...my '09 Plat is Silver and looks cleaner much longer...not an issue keeping it outside now.

Quick Reply: 2010 FX4 s-crew v. Tundra Limited Double Cab