2009 - 2014 F-150

Blackberry bluetooth / Nav issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010 | 10:07 PM
|
Originally Posted by AGGIEFX2
I have the Blackberry Bold and I can't get Sync to read my texts. Any ideas?
It isn't an issue with Sync. No current Blackberry has this capability.

Old 01-20-2010 | 10:51 PM
There are a lot of phones that won't work with the Sync text messaging including the iphone.

Here is what the Ford guy that works with the Sync system at syncmyride.com said the other day about this.

"We need all cell phones and carriers to implement Bluetooth Message Access Profile (BT MAP). So far RIM is going to do this."

Old 01-21-2010 | 09:55 AM
RIM tells me the Blue Tooth text is not available on the Blackberry. Don't know about the IPhone....but if it was, I would switch to the IPhone tomorrow.

I do not use my Blackberry as my media storage for music. I do however use Pandora from time to time and stream it through the Bluetooth Connection. What I have found is that you can turn it off through the Nav but it stays on on the Blackberry. You have to go to Pandora and manually close the program to get it to stop.

For some reason in our trucks, even if I have my IPod plugged into the USB, under media it always goes to BTST first and I always have to manually select the USB device.

Now for my stupid question of the day....what it the method (easiest) to dump my IPod into the JukeBox?

Old 01-21-2010 | 10:11 AM
|
Originally Posted by Brian M
Now for my stupid question of the day....what it the method (easiest) to dump my IPod into the JukeBox?
Not a stupid question. The answer is NO CAN DO.

Unfortunately, there is no way do dump anything from USB to the Jukebox.

Old 01-21-2010 | 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by MarkY
Not a stupid question. The answer is NO CAN DO.

Unfortunately, there is no way do dump anything from USB to the Jukebox.
Wow....that stinks. For a guy who lost almost all of his CD's in Hurricane Ike and was lucky enough to have them in ITunes....guess that means the Juke Box ain't gonna be a big help.

Old 02-12-2010 | 01:45 PM
I just upgraded my Blackberry tour to 5.0.0.484 OS as released by Sprint and now my media player starts automatically playing music when I start up my truck. Has anybody found a good solution for this. My Blackberry did not do this with 4.7 OS so it must just be some settings on the phone.

Old 02-12-2010 | 01:52 PM
|
Originally Posted by f4ipilot
I just upgraded my Blackberry tour to 5.0.0.484 OS as released by Sprint and now my media player starts automatically playing music when I start up my truck. Has anybody found a good solution for this. My Blackberry did not do this with 4.7 OS so it must just be some settings on the phone.
This is interesting. I've had 5.0 on my 8900 since I bought my truck. So for me, the media player has always started as long as the User Devices is set to Bluetooth. For this reason, I have it set to Line In.

AFAIK, there is no workaround for this. I'm kind of surprised it is related to the BB OS. I would have thought it was a MySync issue.

Old 02-27-2010 | 03:18 PM
just picked up my truck and my blackberry 8900 5.something OS, and sync is 3.1 and the same issue. Soon as i start the truck the bluetooth audio begins to stream and the player on my phone is going and i have to manually stop them on the phone.

So still no workarounds? or should i just dump all my music on my phone and give in.

Old 02-27-2010 | 09:10 PM
Yeah my Iphone will randomly play as well, but sometimes it won't, its odd..

Aggie, only some phones are capable of this feature. Here is a list of what phones are compatible to specific features http://www.syncmyride.com/own/suppor...v100_us_en.pdf.
Hope this helps..

Quick Reply: Blackberry bluetooth / Nav issue