2009 - 2014 F-150

Blackberry bluetooth / Nav issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010 | 09:59 PM
|
Blackberry bluetooth / Nav issue

I have my Blackberry (8900) synced with my Nav. When I scroll through the "media" selections (AM, FM, SAT, Jukebox, User Device) my Blackberry automatically begins to stream music.

Is there a way to turn this off? If I select User Device to "Line In", it doesn't do that. I think this may be my only option because I do NOT want my Blackberry to automatically stream music. Setting "Autoplay" to off didn't make any difference.

Old 01-15-2010 | 09:45 AM
I have the BB Tour. On the BB try going under "Manage Connections". then "Bluetooth Options" under Paired Devices select "SYNC" then select "Options" and scroll down and unselect "Audio Source." Dont know if it will work or not, haven't tried it...

Old 01-15-2010 | 09:57 AM
|
Originally Posted by rossn2
I have the BB Tour. On the BB try going under "Manage Connections". then "Bluetooth Options" under Paired Devices select "SYNC" then select "Options" and scroll down and unselect "Audio Source." Dont know if it will work or not, haven't tried it...
I tried this last night and it didn't do anything different. From the Blackberry manual:
Audio Source (A2DP)
This profile allows you to output audio to Bluetooth enabled devices that support stereo audio such as stereo headsets, speakers, and car
kits.

So it appears that your solution should work. I'll try it again, I might have done something wrong.

Old 01-17-2010 | 07:58 AM
Those of us with IPhones have the same issue, only worse. With an IPhone, everytime you start the truck, the music starts streaming through the bluetooth connection. I have read several posts on the subject and it appears that we just wait for the next system update.

Old 01-17-2010 | 10:28 AM
I have a BB Bold 9000 Synced to the Nav and have not experianced this in the week that I have used it and thats been alot. There is one thing right now that I can think of You have not mentioned in any of the post that you might try. Under Bluetooth options check to see if "Connect On Power Up" is set to "No". This is the deflaut setting so I figure it is but if were set to "Yes" its about the only thing I could see that would cause this to happen.

I have Sync version 3.1

Old 01-17-2010 | 10:37 AM
|
Originally Posted by DBader
I have a BB Bold 9000 Synced to the Nav and have not experianced this in the week that I have used it and thats been alot. There is one thing right now that I can think of You have not mentioned in any of the post that you might try. Under Bluetooth options check to see if "Connect On Power Up" is set to "No". This is the deflaut setting so I figure it is but if were set to "Yes" its about the only thing I could see that would cause this to happen.

I have Sync version 3.1
The Bluetooth option "Connect On Power Up" on my 8900 IS set to YES. I'll change it and check it out. What does this option actually mean?

EDIT: Just tried it with the option set to NO. Same result. This has to be a bug in the Sync software.

Last edited by MarkY; 01-17-2010 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 01-17-2010 | 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by MarkY
The Bluetooth option "Connect On Power Up" on my 8900 IS set to YES. I'll change it and check it out. What does this option actually mean?

EDIT: Just tried it with the option set to NO. Same result. This has to be a bug in the Sync software.
This is what the BB manual says about it "when you turn on your BlackBerry® device, your device attempts to connect to the last Bluetooth® enabled device you used". I have always had this set to no and things connect and disconnect as they should.

If the media player on the BB is paused or closed this doesn't happen right?

Old 01-17-2010 | 11:36 AM
|
Originally Posted by DBader
If the media player on the BB is paused or closed this doesn't happen right?
No, it happens even if the player is closed. The Sync will fire up the player in the background and start streaming music. Really a PITA.

Old 01-17-2010 | 11:47 AM
Wow. Mine is not doing that so over the next day or so I'll look at my configuration on both ends again and get back with you.

Old 01-17-2010 | 11:50 AM
|
Thanks.

Old 01-19-2010 | 11:29 AM
MarkY,

On the Sync side the "Auto Play" is off and the "User Device" under Media is set to Bluetooth audio because the BB is the only external audio source I have.

On the BB side under Bluetooth options the "Discovery mode" is off to save a little battery life because this needs to be on only if you are trying to pair with another device and "Connect On Power Up" is set to "No".

When I start the truck the Nav display shows that it connects to the phone and that the 911 assist is enabled from that point to play music from the phone I have select the song before it will play.

I even tried turning the truck off and opening the door to kill the Nav system while it was playing music through the BB media player. I then closed the song that was playing but not the media player on the BB restarted the truck and nothing happened.

What I did see happen though was if the BB media player was playing a song or if the song was paused while connected to sync and I shut the truck off opened the door to kill the Nav when I started the truck sync would restart the song and continue playing but this is what I would expect it to do.

So I believe if you can see the song on the BB media player where it shows the play & stop buttons along with the time line for the song and you start the vehcile its going to sync and start playing.

As long as I clicked the BB button on the phone and selected close at the bottom of the menu the next time I would start the truck it would not play.

When you select close it doesn't close the media player it just closed the song that is playing and takes you back one level to where all the other songs are at.

One other note. Clicking the end button on the BB doesn't close an application it just hides it in the background so unless you select close from the menu its not really closed and the sync system could still play songs through the media player. You may already know this but just thought I would mention it.

I would like to know how an Ipod works with the sync system through USB or bluetooth compared to the BB.

Old 01-19-2010 | 12:09 PM
|
DBader, I'm going to revisit this BB scenario. I did have my BB discover on, but that shouldn't matter. All my other settings are the same as you state above. However, I think my User Device says "Blackberry 8900" not Bluetooth Audio. I'll check this.

When I scroll through the media settings and get to "User Device", my BB begins to stream music. I don't need to select any song. If I hit the Media selection again and change the source to AM radio (or whatever is next), my BB continues to play. I have to manually stop the song on my BB player application.

For the record, I'm running OS 5.0 (.411) on my BB.

What do you want to know about the iPod? My wife has connected her iPod Touch to my Sync via a USB cable and it works flawlessly. All of her tunes and playlists are available. I wish my BB worked as well.

One other thing about the BB.... After I start my truck, I get the "911 assist is enabled" like I should. But if I then hit press the telephone icon on the steering wheel, I get the option to Redial or End Call. Is that what you get?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Old 01-19-2010 | 01:07 PM
I am running V 4.6.0 (304) on the BB.

If I'm listening to the BB and select a different source the new source takes over and if I then look at the BB media player it shows to be paused if I reselect the Bluetooth audio the song starts playing where it left off.

What version on Sync do you have? I just got this truck on the Jan 8th and it came with version 3.0. I created an account at syncmyride.com and it showed an update for my truck which was 3.1 so thats where I'm at.

Yes I get the option to Redial or End Call when I press the phone button on the steering wheel.

Last edited by DBader; 01-19-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-19-2010 | 01:38 PM
|
I went out to my truck at lunch and played around with this some more.

Paying closer attention, my BB is working almost like yours. If I'm streaming music from my BB and then select another source, my BB does indeed PAUSE the music. If I go back to Bluetooth source, my BB picks up where it left off.

The only thing mine seems to do different is if my BB audio player is CLOSED. If it is closed and I select Bluetooth as my media source, my BB automatically begins to play. I don't need to select any song. I'm assuming just a random song is picked.

Also, even though the TEXT button is selectable on the Nav screen, it doesn't do anything.

I picked up my truck on Dec 31st. I've already created an account and updated my sync software. Thanks for the tidbit though.

So after all this, it looks like all is well, albeit that one difference.

Thanks for all the help.

Old 01-20-2010 | 10:04 PM
I have the Blackberry Bold and I can't get Sync to read my texts. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Blackberry bluetooth / Nav issue