2009 - 2014 F-150

'10 Lariat drivers power seat on the fritz?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 Lariat drivers power seat on the fritz?

Hey guys. I noticed today that my driver seat doesn't seem to be working right. Up until now (about 3600 miles), every time I took the key out of the ignition the seat would slide all the way back to make it easier to get out, then move back up when I get back in and start the truck. Now, it doesn't move back when I take the key out. Did I hit some button to make it stop or do you think the feature just went out and I need to take it in to get looked at? I checked the manual but can't find an answer. I appreciate the advice.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:46 PM
There should be a way to turn it on/off in the setup menu on the gauge screen. I think it's called Easy Entry or something.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, it is in the manual - page 94..........

One thing to try first -

When you get it and put the key in, the seat will go up to where the memory position is set - when you pull the key out, the seat goes back 1".

I had the same thing happen to me a while back. Somehow I must have touched the memory "2" button which had the seat pretty much all the way back. If the seat memory is set all the way back, it can't move back any further when you take the key out, and won't move forward when you put the key in.

Try resetting your seat memory setting with the seat forward some, then try it again.

But first, make sure the feature is turned on as per the manual.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks guys, I will try that.

Quick Reply: '10 Lariat drivers power seat on the fritz?