2009 - 2014 F-150

2009 Ford F-150 "STOLEN KEYS"

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Ford F-150 "STOLEN KEYS"

Hello,

I have a 2009 F-150 and someone broke into my house and stole a set of keys with remote from my home, i would like to know how much it would cost me to change my driver door lock for a new key, and a place where i could buy one other than a dealer, also if i purchase a new remote and program would my original remote work?, btw they go in my truck and stole some worthless stuff, luckily i had another truck parked behind my pick-up.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:31 PM
i would try to claim it on your homeowners insurance

Old 01-31-2010, 06:15 PM
The dealer is the cheapest way I found to program PATS keys. I know my 04 would hold the codes from 3 keys, I am not sure if they can wipe out the old keys. It is easy for the owner to program keyless entry FOBs. I bought my PATS key and FOB from an eBay seller in the north east. It came with instructions to program the FOBs myself, I had the keys cut at the hardware store and programmed at the dealer for 75 labor. Locksmiths wanted 150+ to program. You can take your lock out and have it re keyed to a new cut by a locksmith. New cylinders come with all the key parts and you stack it to work with whatever key cut.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by L8 APEX
The dealer is the cheapest way I found to program PATS keys. I know my 04 would hold the codes from 3 keys, I am not sure if they can wipe out the old keys. It is easy for the owner to program keyless entry FOBs. I bought my PATS key and FOB from an eBay seller in the north east. It came with instructions to program the FOBs myself, I had the keys cut at the hardware store and programmed at the dealer for 75 labor. Locksmiths wanted 150+ to program. You can take your lock out and have it re keyed to a new cut by a locksmith. New cylinders come with all the key parts and you stack it to work with whatever key cut.
Thanks for the reply!, I found a Ford parts dealer, where i can get new cylinders, for the driver door and ignition, so i'll give them a call and see if they can key them alike, or i'll just get a new cylinder and key for my driver door, i also order remotes off ebay today.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Like what ground-effectz said your homeowner's insurance shoud cover it. I would also check with your auto insurance as well. Between the both of them you may be able to purchase all of what you need with their funds. Good luck!

Old 01-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Just a suggestion...If you have a locking tailgate, you might want to take the lock cylinder to a locksmith and have it keyed alike to your new ignition key. You would be surprised at how expensive tailgates are to replace and having a key will make it real easy for the thief to get it.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:21 PM
Don't buy new locks. New locks come blank with a bag full of numbered inserts, you build up the replacement lock cylinder yourself before you install them. Just have a locksmith re-key the existing locks. At least that is how the door and gate locks work. The IGN may come keyed. Clearing the FOB and PATS is the more important issue.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Your insurance should cover it unless the deductible is too high.....go to dealer get estimate and for the moment being I would also suggest keepin truck in garage or get a cutoff switch until you change everything

Old 02-01-2010, 05:18 PM
I appreciate everones help thank you, my deductable is too high for me to go through insurance. I think my best bet is to get them re-keyed?, also i orderd another keyless remote and i'd like to know if my original remote will still work when i program my new one???

Again thanks for the help!!

Last edited by Ford-Raptor; 02-01-2010 at 11:44 PM.

Quick Reply: 2009 Ford F-150 "STOLEN KEYS"