2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 Transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 02:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just purchased a 2010 F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.5 ft, Tuxedo Black for right at $20K. I feel like it's a good deal, considering the extras that come with it. It's a beautiful truck. THe 1-2 and 2-1 knocking really bothered me. I wondered if a computer chip control this and now after reading the replies on this forum, as well as other, I have a feeling that it's fixable. I think my Expedition did the same thing before I sold it a year ago. But at least I know what it is now. Sure, the truck has a lot of miles. But not enough to cause this kind of knocking. It looks like it's been taken care of pretty well. The dealer installed a bed protector to cover the use, which I saw prior to them installing.

Tomorrow I go back to the dealer to pick it up. I hope they've solved the problem. If not, I have to make a decision. Should I keep it or should I turn it back over. Thoughts?

Old 07-29-2011, 07:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My truck drove great until about 5000 miles when I started to get extremely hard 2 - 1 downshifts that would shake the truck and clunk.

My truck was built in July 2010. There was an update that came up a couple of months ago. It fixed every quirk the transmission was having. Now the trans feels like our 2010 Mustang GT 5 speed auto trans.

BTW, when you upgrade the transmission program, you also have to upgrade the engine program. I had both of mine upgraded. Couldn't tell a difference in the motor program update though.

Quick Reply: 2010 Transmission issues