2009 - 2014 F-150

new truck hit

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in the area too.. what apartments did this happen at? I'm always worried about something happening to my truck while I'm gone at work.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Allstate did everything for me. Diminished value is the dollar amount you lose if you tried to sell your truck with accident history on CarFax etc. When you go to trade in or sell they will see it was wrecked and it will be worth less. I told them my Harley was a very limited production truck and found comps of wrecked Harleys and Lightnings with much less market value than accident free specialty vehicles.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Sorry to hear this about your truck! At least you're ok.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Post Fwiw

My brand-new 1997 XLT F150 was hit real bad by kids speeding thru a red light at an intersection. I paid 28k for it. I was not hurt at all, but my truck suffered 14k worth of damage, HALF the value of what I paid for it! But it was their fault, and since it was brand-new they wouldn't total it. My dealership repaired it and I never had to pay a dime since it was the kids' fault. I then traded her in for a brand-new 1998 Lariat F150.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by White Platinum
I doubt you will get that much. I had brand new avalanche back in 2002 one week old. We were hit and it did 17K in damage. I barely got 4k from that.
Insurance companies don't want to pay it.
Diminished value is supposed to represent the difference in the value of a vehicle BEFORE it was wrecked and AFTER it is repaired, even if it is repaired flawlessly. If a Carfax shows up a wreck (especially heavy, costly), the vehicle has diminished value to any one taking that vehicle in trade or a private party buying it. Seems reasonable. The problem is, it is totally dependent on whether YOUR state has a law allowing diminished value, because it is a state by state situation. My '02 F-150 was rear ended on the freeway at about 35 MPH by an older Hyundai. Obviously totaled the Hyundai. My truck was a year old with 13k mi. in immaculate condition. The truck was repaired ($3500. damage, including bent frame and buckled floor and quarter) but Cal. has no diminished value law, so no way you can collect, no matter how much the value has diminished. Insurance companies don't like to pay DV so they grease the palms of the politicians whenever there is ever talk of passing a DV law anywhere.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by TruckDriver
I live in the area too.. what apartments did this happen at? I'm always worried about something happening to my truck while I'm gone at work.
I live in Meridian Firs here in South Hill.

I am waiting on the estimates and what they are going to do. i called the repair shop and they didnt answer the phone or called me back. i will call them again later today (its saturday now). my rental is a super crew style 2009 dode ram SLT. its very comfortable and turns very well but i wouldnt own one. the rear seat does not have the room like the 09 F150 has and thats important for me due to kids and what not. i also like the size of mine too! im more or less a ford guy so i want to keep up with ford!

my brain is still rattled about what happened. my truck was parked somewhere safe and yet simple. someone just had to plow into everyones car in the middle of the night. that was a one in a million shot. im still working on getting the police report. my work shift is all weird so i cannot get down there to pick it up.

as for diminished value, ill take anything they are willing to pay out. USAA is my insurance company so im sure they will do what they can to take care of me.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:39 PM
ok here is an update.
i guess the person who was driving the other truck was a guy's girlfriend and she was charged with DUI and hit and run. i got the police report on everything. the collision place said it was about $8000 and replacement parts will be in on wednesday. they said about 16 days after wednesday. they also said the frame is straight and everything is ok. ill be posting photos up shortly once i get them on here!

the insurance on the truck belongs to the guy who owned the other truck. i dont know if she has her own insurance or what was up with that. i dont know how insurance companies work when the stolen vehicle is insured by someone else so who floats the bill? his insurance company or will they bill her? my insurance company told me my deductible is only $100 if it was uninsured motorist damage so ill find out more later.

the police report isnt done because they are still investigating. i got the collision report from the police.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:46 PM
https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...ve-minivan.jpg
https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...-white-one.jpg

here are 2 shots. i have a few others but my phone is so slow at emailing them out. i have a mytouch and it wont let me download to computer through my cable. gotta do it the long way!

Old 02-08-2010, 10:14 PM
I just looked at the pics...if that was me I would be livid. What is wrong with people today?? Keep us posted...sounds like things are moving forward. Hang in there.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Makes me cringe, and I can't even see the actual damage in those pics. Sucks, man. Keep the faith.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:17 PM
yeah white truck..hard to see! both sides of the bed took a big hit. my rear right side door was hit in the corner and same with the frame the door mates too. they found other damage under the bed but it wasnt minor.

Last edited by IronMedic; 02-09-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Old 02-09-2010, 08:54 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Ouch!

Old 02-09-2010, 08:58 PM
That makes me sick. I feel really bad for you. Hope all turns out well.

John

Old 02-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hope that the Ins. takes care of you! Keep us posted!

Quick Reply: new truck hit