2009 - 2014 F-150

new truck hit

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 01:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all i know is that i miss my truck and i want this dodge ram gone lol!!

Old 02-11-2010, 01:25 AM
i checked online and got the pdf file of what they are replacing on my truck. the biggest is a new truck bed which makes sense. they are changing the right door shell too along with the tail lamp assemblies and the tailgate. they are replacing a section of my pillar (probably the part where the door meets the body frame). those are some of the big name items they are replacing. they told me everything is on schedule and they are just a couple parts short.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Glad to hear everything is running smoothly for you so far. Sorry about your new truck getting damaged.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:28 PM
It sounds like they are making it right. It should be like brand new.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:10 AM
i feel so bad for my truck. i want to pay her back by getting a window tint and maybe a spray on bed liner job done next month.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:58 AM
an update on my truck...it hits the paint shop tomorrow and i should have it back by thursday or friday. the sooner the better. im really wanting to get some stuff done to it over time and im tired of my rental. the last 14 days has been very long for me.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:05 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Best of luck man!

Old 02-25-2010, 11:15 AM
got a call the other day about my truck. i guess the work is still very extensive and i wont see my truck until next week. im getting really frustrated with this and more frustrated with this dumb broad who felt the need to drink and drive. its really upsetting me bad i dont have my truck back yet.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:05 PM
Just a thought.. but maybe the body shop will do the spray in liner and just add it to the bill. and for sure tint the windows for you

Old 02-25-2010, 11:21 PM
After reading through all the comments, it seems you are well on your way to having your truck repaired.

If you need legal advice, keep in mind most lawyer's initial consultation is free. Visit 5 or more lawyers (to get answers to questions that arise from the other consultations). You'll be well versed in the ways and means of claiming for damages, including diminished value.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:29 AM
yeah well if i took her to court and won, it would be up to me to collect the money from her. she can just claim bankruptcy and its all over (if she is capable of it). i just want my truck back. i have driven this rental much longer than i have owned my F150. my X told me i should have waited to trade my denali and if that lady hit my denali, they would have totaled it. most likely they would have repaired my denali and i would have an accident on the books for it and caused my trade value to drop even more.

i wish the body shop would do a spray in bed liner and tint. that would be very nice but i dont see that happening. the adjuster already put the numbers together for the repairs so it was taken care of almost a month ago. right now, im just in hang out mode waiting for my truck to get back and hopefully i can get some diminished value cash out of this if possible...or at the least my deductible back. my deductible is $500 and its only $100 if its uninsured motorist damage. right now, i dont know if she had insurance. thats up to the cops and insurance company to find out. out of all the cars that were hit, only 2 claims were filed and both of us were military. the other couple didnt have insurance on their car and it was minor damage and the minivan that my truck made love to had minor damage. she was liability only. in the end, all the GM vehicles were fine and the Ford and Dodge products owned by military members were smashed up.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:51 AM
I feel your pain on the wait... My 05 was in the repair shop for 48 days after I got t-boned by a lady... Make sure you go over the truck with a fine tooth comb when they tell you it's done. I realize you want it back in a bad way but you may have to leave it with them longer if there are issues. Check the alignment of body panels, make sure the doors open and close properly, check for excessive/obvious overspray, drive it and make sure the best you can there are no rattles, make sure all windows operate properly, door locks work, make sure your wheels are not damaged, tires not damaged, tailgate operates properly, paint matches perfectly, and so on...

The place that repaired mine did a decent job but there were many flaws... One big one they never were able to make perfect was the rear door where they had to replace a section of the lower cab... The door never lined up perfectly where the doors would open and close properly... Very frustrating!

Old 02-26-2010, 08:45 AM
yeah im gonna look this thing over very well. this company warranties their work for life. USAA does alot of business with them and always refers them to customers in my area. they are very detailed about what they do which is great. i would hate to wait another week. they told me they are very good at getting the job done exactly when they say so im assuming there are other issues they are attempting to fix. im glad they are taking their time on this but it just sucks i dont have my truck back yet.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a service advisor and we have a body shop as part of the business.. I know you're anxious to have your truck back, and as tempted as it may be to get angry at the repair shop, its not their fault. There is so much insurance crap to go through, then after starting the job more damage is most always found so more parts have to be ordered. Then you have to wait for wherever the part is coming from and hope they shipped the correct component. The repair shop is at the mercy of so many factors out of their control, most people don't realize it. To make your situation worse, the 09-10 F150's are still very new, not alot of shops have had alot of experience repairing this style truck yet, so the in's and out's are new to technicians. But, the repair shop should be following up with you at least once a week letting you know what is going on, and be truthful about it. Some places will sugar coat progress, I know with our shop we're very up-front with customer and often will walk them through and explain why something is taking longer than expected. Good luck to you and I hope your truck looks as if no accident has ever happened.

P.S. sorry you have to suffer with a Dodge, I feel your pain...

Old 02-26-2010, 03:49 PM
im an aircraft mechanic so i know how the waiting game works and how impatient people can become. im not worried and will not get on their case about the repairs. i have good faith they will knock it out. i just hope its done before the 4th of the month. my 30 day rental is up on the the 4th and i cant afford a rental past that date. im paying $3 a day out of the $33. the insurance company is doing 30 days up to $900 for my rental. crazy to think its gonna cost that for 1 month.

Quick Reply: new truck hit