new truck hit

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hello ironmedic from edwards afb

Old 02-26-2010, 07:37 PM
i feel your pain man my 2010 fx4 super crew just go smacked into by a drunken idiot in a new bmw, he was going about 90 hit me so hard it shattered the wheel on my truck and almost put me into a wall if i didnt recover it, luckily i was in the center lane and he came across town and hit me dead in the side, f150 drove away bmw...totaled...although it sucks my truck is pretty bad lots of body damage, the rear let go now, i can honestly say if i was in my shelby or my mustang i may have not just walked away! big thumbs up to ford trucks

Old 02-27-2010, 07:15 AM
ouch that hurts man. i take it you were totaled out then? im just itching to get my truck back. i havent even taken any photos of it yet. i have 1 photo but its not a good one. i havent even finished my first tank of gas. pretty crazy stuff..

Old 03-01-2010, 04:45 PM
i called the collision place today. they said the sheetmetal work is done and its going to the paintshop tomorrow and i should have it back this week. im asking them if i can get it back by thursday.

another good thing..they said they can do a line-x job for me for $250 (wholesale cost). i told them i can do it if they can bill me later. i cant pay for this until the middle of the month.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:57 PM
i talked with the shop on thursday about my truck. i guess they found more work to be done so my truck isnt ready. . my rental is up and the collision place said they will pay my rental in full until next week due to them being behind on the repairs. they are also including a free spray bedliner for me too. i am hoping next week i have it back.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:58 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Good for the spray in. Hope it goes well man

Old 03-05-2010, 09:16 PM
We have USAA home and auto insurance they were great when my wife wrecked her car deer bowling, they were really fast with everything. I was very satisfied. Hope you get your baby back soon.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:53 PM
USAA has always helped me out and they stand behind this collision place. these guys are very thorough which explains most of the delays. im glad they are doing a good job. once this is done, im taking my truck in for its late 30 day ford check up and have the ford techs inspect the repairs. seeing i have my warranty, i want to ensure all repairs are good by ford specs so i dont have warranty issues later on. the collision place ordered all parts from the local ford dealer in the area so everything is definitely factory specs. these delays are just killing me though. i was supposed to have my truck back around 2 weeks ago. at least they are taking responsibility for the delays and taking care of me.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:30 PM
i called the collision place today. they said my truck is heading to the shop for the Line-X spray and they are not charging me for it. i asked them why and they said it was because they became so far behind schedule and they wanted to take care of me along with my rental. they also said that if they painted the bed with factory paint, it would be very difficult. the Line-X shop will put layers of Line-X on top of the bed for me and if i have any issues, the work is guaranteed for life. the shop will fix anything that happens with it. they told me i should have it back tomorrow or friday. i cant wait to get it back!

right now, i am working on getting a corsa DB muffler to get welded in or find a decent priced DB system to put in. i found one for $500 for a full cat back but im going to double check it is for my truck. i am also working on getting my tint done to my glass.

i cant wait to get this back. it will feel like i just ordered a brand new truck again!!

Old 03-12-2010, 06:09 PM
After 40 days of waiting, i finally picked up my truck from the collision place. it looks perfect and like new. it still has 440 miles on it too. they were nice enough to put half a tank of gas into my truck for me. the spray in bedliner looks perfect too. once i get a chance, ill post photos. these guys detailed my interior and exterior too.

comparing it to the Ram, the F150 feels heavier and more tough. i almost feel like driving a super duty comparing the 2 models. i miss all the space inside too. the only thing i miss the most about the Ram was the free satellite radio and the turn radius. unfortunately i do not have satellite radio in my F150 so ill go back to using my ipod.

i want to thank all of you for listening to my gripes and complaints over the past 40 days. it was hard seeing everyone get new F150's while my brand new one was trapped in a body shop. now i can celebrate again with all the new owners! now i need to find a flat head screw driver to install my license plates.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Thumbs up

glad you got your truck back and happy with the work done on it now enjoy it.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:07 PM
CD1
I hate to hear about your truck. Too bad they didn't let you beat him after they caught him.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
IronMedic, glad it all worked out for you. USAA has always taken good care of us too. Best insurance out there IMO. Good thing my Father was in the US Army.

Thanks for serving!

Old 03-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by CD1
I hate to hear about your truck. Too bad they didn't let you beat him after they caught him.
it was a chick that hit me. i wonder if she was hot. if she was, then it wouldnt be too bad

Old 03-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Even if she was hot I think I would still beat her...no logic in what she did. Plus look at all the people she inconvenienced.

Quick Reply: new truck hit