2009 - 2014 F-150

Anyone put in brighter reverse lights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010 | 12:03 PM
|
Technical Article Contributor

That plug handles your trailer lights. It tells your trailer brake, reverse, and turn lights to turn on as needed. All it does it take the signal to your trailer reverse and uses that to turn itself on.

Old 02-13-2010 | 12:07 PM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by F150Aggie
That plug handles your trailer lights. It tells your trailer brake, reverse, and turn lights to turn on as needed. All it does it take the signal to your trailer reverse and uses that to turn itself on.

Old 02-13-2010 | 01:47 PM
My only problem with that one is when the next guy that likes it simply takes it out and walks away...

Old 02-13-2010 | 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by SFCFX4
This is the best mod I've done to my truck, besides the USB mod. And well worth the $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Light-Buster-T.../dp/B000OOMQDG
I have used several light setups for reversing. This one is my new favorite. I get them at Home Depot for 20 bucks. I have not had one stolen yet. I got one in the wifes Explorer and Silverado. So simple and effective. I have two 4" Hella's in the Buckstop bumper of the F250 but that was $1,250...

Old 02-13-2010 | 04:03 PM
I have one of those as well. but only throw it in when i know i will be unloading stuff. or setting up a tent at night ect.
I too was afraid of getting it stolen. i thought about rinding a way to secure it with a small cable. if nothing else , being able to attach with a small quick connect of some kind. im sure when someone walked up and tried to remove it. they would be surprised enough , to get nervous.. until the next time.

they are worth the 20.00. and work with the parking lights on . so you can use it as an actual light. when stopped.

Old 02-13-2010 | 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
That's the type of mod I like, nice 'n easy for people like me who don't have a clue what they're doing when it comes to sutomobiles. Does it actually work just by plugging it in to that socket? Just throw the truck in reverse and it somehow knows to come on, then it also just knows to shut off after putting it back in drive?
What it has is a two way switch that you operate by rotating the head of the light while it's plugged in. Turn it to the backup setting and it only comes on when in reverse. Turn it to the Aux setting and it'll be on whenever you need it, as long as your lights are turned on.

Very cheap, easy and effective mod. And since I never pull a trailer, it's good to go where it's at. I thought about how easy it would be to steal, but I'm going to have faith in my fellow man. Luckily it didn't cost and arm and a leg.

Quick Reply: Anyone put in brighter reverse lights?