2009 - 2014 F-150

My First Issue *SYNC* (not a biggie really)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010 | 12:55 PM
|
My First Issue *SYNC* (not a biggie really)

I have my first issue with my new 2010 FX4 Screw. (had it almost 2 weeks, already passed 1100 miles, and loving every second!!!) The Sync system is acting up, in that if I unplug my iPod, the system automatically switches to USB2, and shows "initializing" on the screen. It automatically goes to USB2 if I don't have anything plugged into USB1. I know all about the 2nd port, but I hadn't actually done anything too it, so I thought it was interesting. The dealer tried resetting it in the shop, but no go, so they ordered a new module and I just have to drop my truck off to get it installed.

This is my first Ford (though I did trade in my 02 Land Rover Discovery II, which was owned by Ford back then), and I have to say the F-150 is worlds different than my D2, in almost every way. First I still haven't gotten used to the size, and parking has been an adventure I really love the interior, very slim and easy to use. I do think to myself that some features should be standard in a 40k+ vehicle, such as dual zone temp control, full power seats with memory (not just the drivers seat, and not just the up/down, back and forward). (I know, I can have that for another 2k or so, but I didn't want leather) That being said, the FX4 is fantastic!

Kimo

Old 02-11-2010 | 02:21 PM
Congrats and enjoy the new ride.

As for standard features, Ford offers different trim levels with different features. The FX4 tries to appeal to a wide range (price points) and hence, the options for dual zone climate control, leather seats, yada yada.

If you look at the other trims like Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum, you'll see they come equipped with more standard features like leather seats, power this and than and climate control. But they also come with higher price points.

Old 02-11-2010 | 06:48 PM
Silly question....is the second USB port an option? If I have two...can't find the second. The only one I see is under the fan/temp controls.

Old 02-11-2010 | 06:53 PM
Look under the SEARCH feature and you'll find this...

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...cs-inside.html

Old 02-14-2010 | 04:22 PM
|
Update

Well, I got my SYNC module replaced, and all is good. The only problem I have now, is that the service person(s) put about 4 scratches (small to very large) in my dash!!!!! At first I thought it was just dirt, but after close inspection I noticed the dash was damaged. Looks as if something hard/metal was put on the dash and was pushed/dragged during the install. I called my service rep. and am going to take it in tomorrow to have them investigate/fix it. (not sure how they will fix it, but it is completely unacceptable and it needs to be repaired)

Kimo

Quick Reply: My First Issue *SYNC* (not a biggie really)