2009 - 2014 F-150

Traction control

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats easy, But say you pass the 35mph tire spin limit...Ur gonna be in a mudd pit with TC back on till you hold it again...

Old 02-15-2010, 09:38 PM
It dont turn off after 35mph if you would have held the button down for the 5 secs. Read the manual

Last edited by Barritia; 02-15-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:48 PM
It says right there RSC an ESC enabled after 35mph...Just regular TC isnt the problem.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:50 PM
He he Ford has a typo, it says 35mpg, if I ever see 35 mpg I'll send Ford 100 bill!

Old 02-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Lol

Old 02-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by OutlawFord
It says right there RSC an ESC enabled after 35mph...Just regular TC isnt the problem.
RSC and ESC wont give you any issues. But let me guess you have a 4 way brake bias control in your truck so that when you get a uncontrolled oversteer or understeer issue you can brake each wheel individualy!!! You do realise what RSC and ESC do dont you?

But just in case you dont

During normal driving, ESC works in the background, continuously monitoring steering and vehicle direction. ESC compares the driver's intended direction (by measuring steering angle) to the vehicle's actual direction (by measuring lateral acceleration, vehicle rotation (yaw), and individual road wheel speeds).

ESC only intervenes when it detects loss of steering control, i.e. when the vehicle is not going where the driver is steering.[22] This may happen, for example, when skidding during emergency evasive swerves, understeer or oversteer during poorly judged turns on slippery roads, or hydroplaning. ESC estimates the direction of the skid, and then applies the brakes to individual wheels asymmetrically in order to create torque about the vehicle's vertical axis, opposing the skid and bringing the vehicle back in line with the driver's commanded direction. Additionally, the system may reduce engine power or operate the transmission to slow the vehicle down.

ESC can work on any surface, from dry pavement to frozen lakes.[23][24] It reacts to and corrects skidding much faster and more effectively than the typical human driver, often before the driver is even aware of any imminent loss of control.[25] In fact, this led to some concern that ESC could allow drivers to become overconfident in their vehicle's handling and/or their own driving skills. For this reason, ESC systems typically inform the driver when they intervene, so that the driver knows that the vehicle's handling limits have been approached. Most activate a dashboard indicator light and/or alert tone; some intentionally allow the vehicle's corrected course to deviate very slightly from the driver-commanded direction, even if it is possible to more precisely match it.[26]

Indeed, all ESC manufacturers emphasize that the system is not a performance enhancement nor a replacement for safe driving practices, but rather a safety technology to assist the driver in recovering from dangerous situations. ESC does not increase traction, so it does not enable faster cornering (although it can facilitate better-controlled cornering). More generally, ESC works within inherent limits of the vehicle's handling and available traction between the tires and road. A reckless maneuver can still exceed these limits, resulting in loss of control. For example, in a severe hydroplaning scenario, the wheel(s) that ESC would use to correct a skid may not even initially be in contact with the road, reducing its effectiveness.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Barritia
If pressing a button is looked at as being a hard way to do something then no wonder there's so many fat people in the US. Every car i have had that had some type of RSC and TC worked in the exact same way. I think it's a well thought out system. It stops people from turning it off and leaveing it off and it can be turned of when needed. Which for 99.9% of people is a perfect setup. I know far to many people who would turn it off just because they think they can control the vehicle better than the safty system can.

It wont be long before we have a system like city safty on all vehicles and im sure we will get the same people complaining that the system affect their driving skill and that they can slow down better than the system can. But like any of these safty systems. They only function and come into play when the driver is not in control of there vehicle.
The same train of thought can be used for people who only drive vehicles with automatic transmissions.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Wild Bill
The same train of thought can be used for people who only drive vehicles with automatic transmissions.
I have only ever driven manual vehicles but the automatic is nice.

Quick Reply: Traction control