2009 - 2014 F-150

Standard tire on 2010 FX4?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010 | 02:10 PM
|
Standard tire on 2010 FX4?

Can someone tell me what the standard 18" tire is on a 2010 FX4??

I'm expecting to take delivery of mine this week and I'm trying to arrange a trade-in for the tires. I'm under the impression from what I've read here and seen at dealers that it will come with Wrangler SR-A's. However, when I asked the dealer, they said their guide is showing that they are Michelin's. I was set on trading the SR-A for Silent Armor's but now they might be Michelins.

If anyone has taken delivery of an FX4 lately that could confirm this for me I'd appreciate it. If I'm going to trade them I need to have the details arranged before I take delivery so I can go straight to the tire dealer after I pick up the truck so I don't put many miles on them.

Old 02-14-2010 | 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by FX4-LX
Can someone tell me what the standard 18" tire is on a 2010 FX4??

I'm expecting to take delivery of mine this week and I'm trying to arrange a trade-in for the tires. I'm under the impression from what I've read here and seen at dealers that it will come with Wrangler SR-A's. However, when I asked the dealer, they said their guide is showing that they are Michelin's. I was set on trading the SR-A for Silent Armor's but now they might be Michelins.

If anyone has taken delivery of an FX4 lately that could confirm this for me I'd appreciate it. If I'm going to trade them I need to have the details arranged before I take delivery so I can go straight to the tire dealer after I pick up the truck so I don't put many miles on them.
I took delivery of my FX4 in the middle of January, and I got the dreaded SR-A's

Old 02-14-2010 | 03:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Yes you will get the SR-A's or the Michelins...I have seen them with both, unless you ordered it with the "upgraded tire option"...I believe it was 295.00 for it.....then you get an C range LT tire which is the Goodyear wrangler AT/S

Last edited by blackjack8900; 02-14-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-14-2010 | 05:47 PM
|
Thanks guys. Looks like I'm gonna have to just wait and see.

I'm in Canada so I don't know if that makes a difference as far as which ones I get. Looking at ford.ca if I build an FX4 it says it comes with Michelin whereas specs I see for US models seem to say Goodyear.

Maybe if I end up with the Goodyear's I can tell them that both the dealer and ford.ca said it was coming with Michelin and get them changed since it seems the Michelin is a better tire and might save me upgrading right off the bat.

Quick Reply: Standard tire on 2010 FX4?