2009 - 2014 F-150

Question about purchase price

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about purchase price

Am I out of line for wanting my dealer to sell me a truck at invoice - rebates instead of what they want, which is msrp - rebates which brings the truck below invoice as well?

Old 02-15-2010, 01:03 PM
depends on the dealer. dealers are out for profit or they are a volume dealer. most volume dealers will work with you buying at invoice. try to buy at the end of the month when dealers are trying to get their sales in. also, consider dealing with the fleet sales manager. they can get u invoice. if i recall, they get paid salary and doesnt make money off fleet sales. dont quote me on that one.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:32 PM
It's a business...someone has to make money.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Niether one of you are out of line. You want it cheap, he wants max profit. Maybe you guys will find a middle ground, maybe not.

Someone will sell you what you want at your price. You just got to find the right dealer. I don't like to haggle. My local guy made me an offer we both can live with. He still made $$ and I didn't have to play the game.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:27 PM
I agree, you can drive yourself nuts. Just remember if you both meet in the middle, the day may come where you need a favor in the service department and it is always nice to have "a guy" up front that can make things happen. Or you send them some business from friends or relatives.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:53 PM
I got mine below invoice. Get into there hold back money if they are a volume dealer as stated before and end of the month does help. I tell them what I am willing to pay a month. It makes the finance guys look for a better interest rate for you. It pans out better then the 1k rebate for using Ford but also depends on how good your credit is if your gonna finance.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:13 PM
What do you guys think about ford credit? Before my dad passed away he helped me buy my last truck and WOULD NOT let me use ford credit because he didnt trust it.

Trending Topics

Old 02-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by BIGG-RAY
What do you guys think about ford credit? Before my dad passed away he helped me buy my last truck and WOULD NOT let me use ford credit because he didnt trust it.
If you have a decent credit score you should be able to get a much better rate at a credit union or bank. I have a very high credit score and I used the Ford credit just to get the $1000 and then I refinanced with my credit union. The APR through ford was over 8%. Went to the credit union and got a rate under 5%.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:23 PM
yes that was my plan as well I am already approved at my credit union but that 1k would be nice. Any problems with ford credit biting you in the *** after you already paid it off via your other bank loan?

Old 02-15-2010, 04:31 PM
yes that was my plan as well I am already approved at my credit union but that 1k would be nice. Any problems with ford credit biting you in the *** after you already paid it off via your other bank loan?
I have never heard of anyone having a problem with Ford Credit. I made one payment to Ford credit and then refinanced. Although I don't think you even have to make the first payment. Just pay it off with the loan from the credit union.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:48 PM
I am fortunate enough my dealer prints me off the real invoice and shows me my x plan and invoice price along with what is provided for hold back. Their hands are tied on X plan deals so we usually use invoice and split the hold back and subtract the rebates from that figure.
The 09 FX4 I wanted was 42,340 MSRP, invoice was 36,800, hold back was 1,200 and there were 5000 in rebates and owner loyalty cash. So my deal was 36,800 - 5,600 in rebates and half the hold back. I chose to go with my credit union at 4.25% and take the extra 1,500 customer cash from Ford instead of their 4.9 APR.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Finance it through a credit union if possible. My rate is 3.6% and I did a home equity "courtesy" loan. They lean my house for the purchase price of the truck. No loan fees, no appraisal AND my intrest is tax deductible.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:04 PM
well I am already approved through my credit union but I was wondering if there could be any negative blow back from using ford credit for one day and then using my credit union loan to pay that off

Old 02-16-2010, 09:11 AM
well I am already approved through my credit union but I was wondering if there could be any negative blow back from using ford credit for one day and then using my credit union loan to pay that off
Ford probably has a cancellation penalty.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:17 AM
I used Ford on my wifes Lincoln and on my F150. No problems to report.

They are offering 0% thru Ford here in Texas. That's hard to beat.

Quick Reply: Question about purchase price