2009 - 2014 F-150

Factory Ford fender flares

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Ford fender flares

I posted this on 2 other forums, but got only 1 reply from each, that didn't help at all. Maybe this group has the answer.

I want to get the factory fender flares for my 2009 Flareside F-150 and I see them from time to time, for sale on ebay. Most are take-offs from new trucks, but I am not sure if the two types of boxes take the same flares. They look to be the same openings and I know they both can be equipped with the flares. Does anyone know for sure if both boxes use the same flares?

Hopefully, this will be my last place to have to ask this ...

Old 02-19-2010, 08:49 PM
there all the same as long as your truck came with the cheaper non painted flares or you have to drill holes to mount

Old 02-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by LIFTED07
there all the same as long as your truck came with the cheaper non painted flares or you have to drill holes to mount
My XLT didn't come with any flares, but I have the 2 tone paint and want to get the ingot silver flares for it. I'm not real keen on drilling my truck, but the flares would really set the truck off, I think. It is black with the silver bottom.

I wonder if the dealer would have a template for the hole locations, or I guess I could easily make my own from the flares. My main concern was weather or not the flares were the same for both box types.

Thanks for the info.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:47 PM
instead of drilling holes in your fenders id strongly consider going aftermarket

Old 02-20-2010, 01:15 AM
You don't need a template. You don't need to drill holes in the side of the fender. You can drill form underneath or use heavy duty 3m mounting tape. The ends are installed with plastic automotive fasteners which line up the flare perfectly for you. As for the box type, they show as different parts so they are probably each different.

http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocato...layCatalogid=0

Old 02-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Rambo
You don't need a template. You don't need to drill holes in the side of the fender. You can drill form underneath or use heavy duty 3m mounting tape. The ends are installed with plastic automotive fasteners which line up the flare perfectly for you. As for the box type, they show as different parts so they are probably each different.

So do the ones from Tasca come in sets of two? I'm looking at the first two items in the link you posted...they say left and right.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:23 PM
They are sold singularly. The rear flares are listed under pickup box and the front flares under fender.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:52 PM
They are sold singularly. The rear flares are listed under pickup box and the front flares under fender.
so, I assume the ones they have labeled as "primed" are ready to paint?...or am I just an idiot?

Old 02-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by BrainDonor
so, I assume the ones they have labeled as "primed" are ready to paint?...or am I just an idiot?
You are...not an idiot.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by KazK
You are...not an idiot.

Thanks.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:44 PM
the price on those is much better than i have seen any where else. but correct me if im wrong. those are factory parts? which means instilation is going to be the same as the factory? and the factory has the holes drilled through the fender?

this has been an issue of great concern for me since the purchase of my truck, and i am really beginig to give up all hope. please bring me back from the dark side.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:18 PM
okay...so I just ordered these. I had bought a set of take-offs from eBay last year, but I never put them on. The drilling thing bothered me a lot...and they are not new...and you can tell. So, I guess I'll try and resell them. For the new ones, I'll get them painted to match and use the heavy duty mounting tape as Rambo suggested. I'll ost pics when I can. Will probably be a month or so.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Well, I must say, I am very happy with all the responses by this forum. Alot of good information has been passed on and others are benefitting, as well.

I still can't see any visible differences between the 2 box types, but I do see a large price difference from the link. I am going to go over to the dealership near me and look at a new fleetside truck with flares and see if I can figure out what is different about them, other than price. I'll post back if I find anything out.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:07 AM

I noticed on the flares, that there are a couple of what looks like alignment tabs along the edge that would go right up against the body. There are no slots in my fender for these tabs. Do these just get trimmed off?

Old 03-04-2010, 10:55 PM
great thread, I have a non-flare XLT, I've always like the flare look. I know it doesn't add that much, but I like the look. So I've ordered the take-offs from ebay. I'm having a hard time with drilling (or even figuring out where the holes are to be drilled). Could s.omeone post some pixs, and/or better assistance with install. I've looked at some trucks on the lots, but I've only seen the holes on the inside of fenders. I'm OK with holes there, and maybe 3m tape on the outside?

Quick Reply: Factory Ford fender flares