2009 - 2014 F-150

is 09 worth it over 07?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010 | 05:45 PM
Get up and walk out means just that. If you act like there's no deal, they will likely try and catch you before you get out of the showroom door, or before you get into your vehicle to go home. Occassionaly they'll call you and give in, or give a counteroffer, but usually if you leave the premises the deal is probably off.

Old 02-24-2010 | 05:48 PM
Walking out....

Good advice you have received so far. About walking out, I spent a few months walking out of dealerships until I got the deal I wanted way back when I bought my truck. Some called me the next day, some didn't call me at all, the one that sold me the truck ran out of the dealership after me (probably 2-3 times) until we could work out a deal I was happy with. I'm looking to get a new F150 around this time next year (hopefully) so it's good to read everyone's experience with purchasing on here. I need to brush up on negotiating, it's been a while.

Old 02-24-2010 | 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by NoMudd4Me
I appreciate the input and this is the exact reason I decided to start looking now. I won't be buying for another 4-6months so this will give me plenty of time to get the most for my dollar, which is what I love doing and probably the only reason I can afford this.

Now when you say, "walking out" do you mean going home then having them call you and go back. Or get halfway to the door and they give in. Only reason I ask is because when buying our other car we were pretty set on one car with $3000 difference between what they wanted and what we wanted. They would not budge and we walked out only to get a call and ask us if they should shred our paperwork. This was on an 09 last year though.

We never went back to that place. Maybe I need to work on my negotiation skills, but the dealership GM was not a very nice guy. With that said, I will be on the forums and keep learning.

As a consumer you are the ultimate deciding authority on a the car purchase, now from a sales perspective 3000 on an all in deal is a lot of ground to cover, but not to concede any thing to try to salvage the deal and earn your business, well that was just stupid on their part. I may not have been able to give you the three but i would have tried to get you somthing.

Sales people are told, and trained to do several things. 1st is create a sense of urgency, this way they can keep the tempo high and get you in a car before you know what hit you, second they try to get you emotionaly involved so that logic goes away. The goal is t get you totake mental owner ship prior to ever talking numbers.

tips
1. never discus how you intend to pay until you have negoiated your best price
2. same goes for trade.
3. and if you are going to finance no cash down till your finalizing your paperwork.

neve but never take a vehicle over night, untill your 100% on you deal ever.

Quick Reply: is 09 worth it over 07?