2009 - 2014 F-150

Painted Bumper Inserts on Lower Grille...Found on Tuscany or FTX Edition

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Painted Bumper Inserts on Lower Grille...Found on Tuscany or FTX Edition

Hey Guys I was wondering where you get the Painted Bumper Inserts that are found on the 09-10 F-150's?? I am talking about the things that kind of bulge out in the lower grille on each side of the opening? I have attached a link and it is the third picture in the thread of the front view and you should be able to see what I am talking about. Not sure where to get them at but I really would like to get some for my FX4.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...26tbs%3Disch:1

Old 02-24-2010, 04:17 PM
I doubt you can get them pre-painted. I'm not sure how the bumper comes apart down there but I bet if you wanted them PTM you would have to take them off and get them painted.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:47 PM
that truck looks sweet, i would like to get those bumper pieces painted too, i think it would really set the frontend apart from most others, i'm planning on looking into this this summer...i also thought putting some driving lights in this area would be a nice alternative to those awkward looking black things! on another note, are those factory wheels or what? they look nice, like incubus recoils or somethin'...

Old 02-24-2010, 07:26 PM
I thought about painting those things months ago too, but then it would be subject to rock chips just like the rest of the painted bumper. I got several chips in mine now, thanks to winter and rock salt and other cars/trucks that don't have mud guards either...

Old 03-30-2010, 10:29 AM
I am really thinking hard about doing this since I am getting some ptm fender flares for my fx4. has anyone seen this done yet on a non black truck. Mine is blue flame. I think it should look good, but am undecided yet. I will probably just do it since they really dont cost much to replace and if I hate it....just switch. Thoughts?

Old 03-30-2010, 11:17 AM
That is the Badlands edition.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:12 PM
i would say the best best is to just buy the stock ones from ford and get them painted, i would think they'd be right around $15-20 each....i recommend buying new ones because they are kind of a beast to get off...they are held on by plastic clips (molded to the piece itself), i took one off of my truck and it kind of "stretched" the clips and when i put it back on it had a wobble to it (not a snug fit)...that's just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Painted Bumper Inserts on Lower Grille...Found on Tuscany or FTX Edition