2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 fixed rear window power slider replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 fixed rear window power slider replacement

The fixed glass in my power slider broke. It is tinted with defroster. Can the stationary glass be replaced at a local shop or is this a dealer item only?

Old 03-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Well, I found the answer to my question; dealer item; must replace the whole window. I was reading that the window is glued in, in addition to the gasket. Has anyone done this and have the procedure? Thanks.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:16 PM
I replaced my standard window on my 09 with a manual slider.

There is an adheasive, but the bolts hold the window in place, the adheasive is the sealant so no leaks

alot of nuts to remove / reinstall inside the cab.....you need a 9mm wrench.

I wish I had a gearwrench that size would have been alot quicker {I do now, $9 at MENARDS}

(a 1/4" drive socket wrench was too tall too work well) Took me under an hour by myself.

add 15 or 20 minutes for the wiring and should be good

got mine from TASCO, they sell power ones too. I think they get about $350 + shipping for power (not sure if that includes defrost??)

Good luck

Last edited by joendoodle; 03-09-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: price note
Old 03-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the reply & tips. I already picked up the window, but the weather here has sucked, so I may do it tomorrow. I'll have to pick up a gear wrench; I only have them in SAE.

Was the sealent the Urethane that is used to seal the windshield, or is it more like RTV?

Old 03-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Got the window in last night. Took longer to take out the rear seat than to pull the window. Some butt-head shot it out with a BB gun and the truck isn't even 6 months old.

Used the tips found on this forum to remove the seat back. Driver's side was easy, but had trouble finding the slot on the passenger side. After pulling the seat it was obvious that the clip is centered behind the bracket (I thought it was to one side). Name:  100_0234.jpg
Views: 2313
Size:  127.0 KB

After that, it was just a matter of pulling the nylon fasteners with a trim fork, the weather stripping (just pulls off), end of rocker panel, side panels (after removing bolt above seat belt), sound deadener and two fasteners securing the headliner. A gearwrench is recommended for the nuts securing the window under the headliner, but it is not necessary. BTW, a 3/8" gearwrench works on a 9mm nut. Power window mechanism comes with the new window and just bolts in. After that, remove all the nuts, push the window out starting at one end, clean the old sealer off (it sticks to itself, so just dab a glob of it along the sealer) add a bead of urethane to the new window and put it back together. Name:  100_0233.jpg
Views: 8306
Size:  117.0 KB

Safelite wanted over $800 to replace it. The dealer uses a local glass guy that wanted about $560. Cashed in on a few favors and got it for a tad over $200 from the local dealer.

Last edited by Dads426; 03-18-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:52 PM
Splice? old three wire connector to new two wire connector

Originally Posted by Dads426
Got the window in last night. Took longer to take out the rear seat than to pull the window. Some butt-head shot it out with a BB gun and the truck isn't even 6 months old.

Used the tips found on this forum to remove the seat back. Driver's side was easy, but had trouble finding the slot on the passenger side. After pulling the seat it was obvious that the clip is centered behind the bracket (I thought it was to one side).

After that, it was just a matter of pulling the nylon fasteners with a trim fork, the weather stripping (just pulls off), end of rocker panel, side panels (after removing bolt above seat belt), sound deadener and two fasteners securing the headliner. A gearwrench is recommended for the nuts securing the window under the headliner, but it is not necessary. BTW, a 3/8" gearwrench works on a 9mm nut. Power window mechanism comes with the new window and just bolts in. After that, remove all the nuts, push the window out starting at one end, clean the old sealer off (it sticks to itself, so just dab a glob of it along the sealer) add a bead of urethane to the new window and put it back together.

Safelite wanted over $800 to replace it. The dealer uses a local glass guy that wanted about $560. Cashed in on a few favors and got it for a tad over $200 from the local dealer.
My replacement glass has two wires unlike my old three wire glass. Anyone know what to do? Splice?

Old 03-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Just a guess...

Originally Posted by sharpertouch
My replacement glass has two wires unlike my old three wire glass. Anyone know what to do? Splice?
For the slider motor?
Maybe this replacement is designed to switch motor polarity (open/close) differently than the original??? If so, a splice may not be appropriate.

Old 03-07-2016, 04:09 AM
Originally Posted by 012XLT50
For the slider motor?
Maybe this replacement is designed to switch motor polarity (open/close) differently than the original??? If so, a splice may not be appropriate.
Not for the slider motor (That wasn't an issue). I'm only asking about the glass defrost harness plug.
Thanks

Quick Reply: 2010 fixed rear window power slider replacement