2009 - 2014 F-150

Looking for some unbiased opinions (if that even exists...)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went with the sterling gray and added a little black to it. I would like to add the glossy B pillars and tint the front windows this spring. My only complaint that I have is that I wish I could have got a Lariat in the sterling gray simply to have leather but I am living with the premium cloth. Its amazing how the appearance of the color changes just by how much sun or clouds there are.

I have since added a 2010 Lariat chrome package grill. Now just patiently waiting to get the summer wheels back on.

Last edited by jdtech65; 02-28-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Stick with the silver. It's a lot more forgiving on dirt, scratches and other imperfections. Plus, silver hides the spider microscratches from washing significantly better than black.

After having owned one black vehicle, I can truly say I won't own another unless it's a garage queen and a weekend warrior car (ie. sports car).

Old 02-28-2010, 10:09 PM
I'd say stick with the sterling grey. I think it looks great with black wheels. My black doesn't stay clean long either.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:54 PM
imo, black with black wheels begins to all blend together. I like bright wheels on dark trucks. The dark wheels look great on lighter colored trucks.

FWIW - I have black and love it - but don't plan to change from the chrome wheels that are on it. Yes, it shows dirt more - but the payoff when it's clean is worth it to me.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Thanks for all the comments.

After really looking at more pics and thinking about it. I think some of the comment about all the black running together is right. Looks like some of the lines get lost with all black.

Think I'll just leave the order as is and stick with the grey.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by jdtech65
Now just patiently waiting to get the summer wheels back on.
I noticed you have the Novakane wheels. I've been looking at those along with the BMF S.O.T.As, XD Rockstar, and XD Monster. Really just can't decide which I like better.

You didn't mention having a leveling kit; do you have any issues with that wheel/tire combination rubbing at all?

Another quick question... I've noticed other people mention summer/winter wheels; what are you using for summer wheels. And why have a set for for both summer/winter. Only ask because I'm trying to decide if I should keep my OE wheel/tires for spare set or sell them.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Go grey.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by digital_alchemy
I noticed you have the Novakane wheels. I've been looking at those along with the BMF S.O.T.As, XD Rockstar, and XD Monster. Really just can't decide which I like better.

You didn't mention having a leveling kit; do you have any issues with that wheel/tire combination rubbing at all?

Another quick question... I've noticed other people mention summer/winter wheels; what are you using for summer wheels. And why have a set for for both summer/winter. Only ask because I'm trying to decide if I should keep my OE wheel/tires for spare set or sell them.
First off I do not have any leveling kit installed on my truck yet. The tires just barely rub on my mudflaps when I am on an incline and at full lock - not enough to worry about. Theres about 1" of clearance on the front valance. The tires are Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/55/20. If you want to go with a bigger tire than you would need a leveling kit.

The Novakanes are my summer tires and the stock rims are the winter set. I live in Iowa so in the winter they use lots of salt. Since I can't wash my pickup as much as I would like to in the winter I use the stock ones in the winter since they will hold up to the salt better. With the price of the novakanes I did not want to risk ruining them by running them in the winter so I bought an extra set of TPMS when I ordered my wheels and just have two sets.

Old 03-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Dude, those Novakanes are the shiznit! Grey brothers unite!

Old 03-01-2010, 02:05 AM
DSG is the shiz! Looks great with black or chrome or both in one wheel?!

Also it hides dirt. I think my only other color liked on these trucks is the smokestone OMG thats nice too.

Quick Reply: Looking for some unbiased opinions (if that even exists...)