2009 - 2014 F-150

Additional warranties for new truck???

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If my dealer still covers it i would think so...bigger tires always cause ball joints and tie rods to brake a lot quicker. I'm trying to get a hold of my dealer and CONFIRM that they will fix these items under warranty even with the fine print saying ford may not....since thats what they told me before i bought it...They said...as long as it is a ford oem part, they will fix it under warranty, and gave my lift a 1 year warranty (not worried about that) rather worried about the tie rods, ball joints etc, that are still stock.

Last edited by ruffn-it; 03-03-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:17 PM
RUFFN-IT, I have a few concerns form your current situation. and a few questions you should ask your self...

if said warranty is avaliable for half else where the difference between the one you have and the one you want is price, now who stands to benifit from that price? if you anwsered the dealer read on, now in your fine print you will find that the extended bumper to bumper warranty is not so bumper to bumper....thy lied about the deductable read more to find out what else you were lied to about. I was a service advisor for about 3 years for a gm dealership before that i worked sales as well as finance, I got paid on the sale of ESP for years and made good money. But i knew nothing about them until i went to service. THERE IS NOT A SINGLE COMPANY OUT THERE THAT TAKES AS GOOD A CARE OF YOU AS THEY PROMISE ... however the esp from the factory has a better working relationship with the dealer. thats really it. as a service advisor it was a daily battle to get these gentleman to pay for quality repairs and not let them side step resopnsibility... I digress.

My second question why is the dealer ship offering to cover parts on your truck that are not covered by any warranty to begin with just to keep you in an overpriced ESP. tierod ends cv joints, ball joints are all wear items not covered by your factory warranty. same as wiper blades, and brake pads. "they are only warranted aginst defect".

From an outsiders point of view, i would say that some one is blowing smoke and taking unfair advantage of a nice guy, and a valuable customer. im sure this isnt your first nor your last new vehicle. at this point i strongly recomend an odometer statement and a full refund of your ESP and try my "EXTENDED SERVICE SAVINGS PLAN"

"BEST OF LUCK IN ALL YOUR ENDEVOURS"

Old 03-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dirtyd09stx
RUFFN-IT, at this point i strongly recomend an odometer statement and a full refund of your ESP and try my "EXTENDED SERVICE SAVINGS PLAN"
I like the way you put that.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by greencrew
I like the way you put that.
thank you.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:12 PM

I have the Premium Plan that does cover oem tie rods, ball joints etc. But ur right...not wiper blades, bulbs etc. It says it right in my paperwork. They originally told me the lift does not affect any other suspension components and therefore the warranty would cover them. Ford will not cover the BDS lift though...which is understandable and fine with me. I knew ahead of time the problems lifts cause with warranties and how easy larger tires and a lift cause tie rods and such to go bad quicker, so i was ontop of this before i purchased...now just hoping they went lieing to get me to buy. If so, we will have some problems.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by ruffn-it
I have the Premium Plan that does cover oem tie rods, ball joints etc. But ur right...not wiper blades, bulbs etc. It says it right in my paperwork. They originally told me the lift does not affect any other suspension components and therefore the warranty would cover them. Ford will not cover the BDS lift though...which is understandable and fine with me. I knew ahead of time the problems lifts cause with warranties and how easy larger tires and a lift cause tie rods and such to go bad quicker, so i was ontop of this before i purchased...now just hoping they went lieing to get me to buy. If so, we will have some problems.
As you may have well found the specific listing for the parts covered in the premium plan, I would venture good money that there ins no etc. to your coverage. those warranties are worded specifically for the parts they cover. nowyou may have been told other wise, and you may not want to listen to me. but you havent given me any money so i have no reason to lie, now the group of people that made a bunch of money off of you. they will lie... and worse than that they dont know half the time so they make **** up which is worse, to me. Listen to me, odometer statement, refund, cd, thats all you need. take your money put it in a cd when it matures you have enough cash to cover you expenses should any thing go wrong. ask any body else on here its mechanical insurance and its a looser, keep your money and take care of your truck, it starts with prevenitive maintinance, do that and you will never need real maintinance.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:04 AM

Going to be long but heres the list.

Engine
All internal lubricated parts
Cylinder block
Cylinder heads
Diesel injectors and lines
Diesel injector pump
Diesel lift pump
Engine mounts
Flywheel
Flywheel ring gear
Gas fuel injectors and lines
Harmonic balancer and bolt
Manifold, exhaust
Manifold, intake
Oil pan
Oil pump
Radiator and radiator fan
Radiator fan clutch or motor
Seals and gaskets
Thermostat
Thermostat housing
Timing chain cover
Timing chain, gears or belt
Turbocharger/Supercharger unit, factory-installed
Valve covers
Water pump
Transmission
All internal parts
Governor assembly
Kickdown linkage
Release hubs and bearings
Seals and gaskets
Torque converter
Transfer case, including internal parts
Transmission case
Transmission linkage
Transmission module, external
Transmission mounts
Vacuum module

Front-Wheel Drive
Axle shafts
Bearings, front-wheel
Bearings, rear-wheel
Constant velocity and universal joints
Final-drive housing and all internal parts
Hubs, automatic front-locking (four-wheel drive)
Locking rings (four-wheel drive)
Seals and gaskets

Rear-Wheel Drive
Axle shafts
Bearings, front-wheel
Bearings, rear-wheel
Drive-axle housing and all internal parts
Drive shaft
Retainers
Seals and gaskets
Universal and constant velocity joints

Steering
Column lock (tilt wheel)
Cooler and lines
Control valve
Idler arm
Linkages and couplings
Power steering pump
Pulley assembly, power steering pump
Seals and gaskets
Steering gear housing, manual and power (includes all internal parts)

Brakes
Anti-lock brake module and sensor
Backing plates
Brake booster, power
Calipers
Combination valve
Lines and fittings
Master cylinder
Parking brake linkage and cables
Retainers and clips
Self-adjusters
Shaft, brake pedal
Springs
Wheel cylinders

Air Conditioning & Heating*
A/C clutch
A/C accumulator
A/C clutch bearings
A/C compressor
A/C compressor head
A/C compressor seals
A/C compressor/clutch switch
Automatic temperature control
Condenser
Evaporator
Field coil
Heater blower motor
Heater control cables
Heater core assembly
Instrument panel registers and air ducts
Pulley

Emissions
AIR control valve
AIR idle vacuum valve
AIR supply valve, hose, and tube
AIR check valve assembly
Barometric pressure sensor
ECC relay assembly
EGR control valve
EGR pressure sensor
EGR regulator assembly
EGR valve adapter
EVAP vapor storage canister
Idler air control valve
Knock sensor
PCV hose assembly
PCV valve
PCV vapor filter
Temperature sensor, Engine coolant
Vacuum restrictor
VAF sensor

High-Tech
Air suspension, electronic (selected components)
Anti-theft alarm, factory-installed
Compass and thermometer readout displays
Instrument cluster, electronic (excluding dash pad)
Keyless entry system (excluding door handles)
Power antenna
Power door locks and retainer clips (excluding door handles)
Power seat motors
Power window motors/regulators
Speed control
Windshield, Insta-Clear® (Electrical only - not glass damage or breaking)

Audio
Antenna, radio (base assembly)
Brackets, cables, and wiring
Cassette player
Controls, rear seat
Digital CD player
Graphic sound equalizer
Cellular phone, receiver, handset, speaker assembly, and antenna, factory-installed
Premium sound amplifier, factory-installed
Radio, AM, AM/FM
Speakers

Safety
Air bag module assembly
Door ajar warning switch assembly
Guides, bezels, brackets, and supports (safety belts/shoulder straps)
Head restraint retainers and sleeves, seat belt
Lock cylinder, door
Lock lever assembly, door
Lock lever assembly, tailgate
Lock lever retainers, clips, and brackets
Module, passive restraint
Diagnostic module assembly, air bag
Safety belt buckle (front and rear)
Safety belt restraint carrier
Safety belt track assembly
Safety belt warning chime assembly
Safety belt retractors
Sensors, air bag
Shoulder strap track assembly
Wiring assembly, air bag

Front Suspension
Ball joints, upper and lower
Control arms, upper and lower
Control arm shafts and bushings
King pins and bushings
Linkage and bushings
Load leveler suspension system
Spindle and spindle supports
Springs (front and rear)
Stabilizer bar
MacPherson struts (front and rear)
Tie rods

Electrical
Alternator
Backglass, heated (Electrical only - not glass damage or breakage)
Charge & volt gauges
Clock, electric
Coil, ignition
Distributor assembly
Distributor cap and rotor
Distributor housing and shaft
Fuel pump
Ignition lock
Ignition module, electronic
Mirrors, motorized (Electrical only - not glass/housing damage or breakage)
Radiator fan relay
Starter motor
Starter motor solenoid
Switches, manually operated Electrical
Temperature gauge
Voltage regulator
Wiper motors
Wiring harnesses (excluding spark plug wires)

Components Not Covered by Ford ESP PremiumCare Mechanical:
Service adjustments/cleaning; battery/cables, belts, hoses, Brakes (front hub, drums, shoes, lining, disc rotors and pads); coolant; exhaust system (including catalytic converter); lights (bulbs, sealed beam and lenses); filters, fluids, lubricants, manual clutch disc, shock absorbers, spark plugs/wires; squeaks and rattles, tires, tune-ups, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, wheel studs, wiper blades.
Exterior
Service adjustments (glass and body parts); bright metal, bumpers, door handles, glass, moldings, ornamentation, paint, rust, sheet metal; sideview mirrors (glass, housing); water leaks, weatherstrip, wheel covers/ornaments; wind noise.
Interior Buttons, carpet, dash pad, door and window handles, *****; rearview mirror (glass, housing); trim, upholstery.

I get what your saying Dirty, ive always hated warranties and their fine print, i may have been duped over, i might not...trying to find that out. but if turns out they wont cover those items i definately will ask for that refund...how does that work by the way...pro-rated minus a $75 fee?

Last edited by ruffn-it; 03-04-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pro-rated minus a $75 fee
Yes that's the amount. The finance guy at the dealer can tell you the refund amount. The refund check (providing there isn't a lien holder) will be mailed to you. If there is a lien holder, it might get mailed to them (not sure - I didn't have a lien holder when I cancelled my first one and bought it from Fordwarrantys.com).

Old 03-04-2010, 01:20 PM

So just got off the phone with dealer. She said they stay within ford specs with the lifts they install. and i would have no problem with the warrant covering any parts because of it. Now for the price, it is what it is.i could prob save 500 by swtching.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Exclamation

ruffin-it
Im not saying you got duped by any means, im only trying to share my experience with a the community of f150 owners and see to it that they dont fall prey to the same trap, that i myself am gulity of setting so many years ago, correcting mistakes if you will. if you do trade out the warranty, which i recomend. i hope that in a few years when your selling your truck you turn to some one and say "you know i had an esp on that truck and never used it"

things to look for on your service R.O.
-Diagnostic fees(warranty usually wont cover however, some times your service advisor will eat those cost on a large bill, however on somthing small thay will probably bill you
- fluids are not covered, even if the part that failed needs it they will charge you,
- no gaskets of any type, or under any circumstances of repair.
- engines, trans missions, transfer cases- all warranty companies will only buy you a new one if a reman. is unavaliable. they dont like to rebuild because in most cases its more expensive, so they will buy a used product, with a parts warranty, to deflect overall cost incase it breaks again.
- and in worst case situations, i actually had a guy from an extended warranty company tell me once "that the customer did not pay enough for the warranty so they were refusing to approve the repair" ... they werent sending out an inspector they were just refusing the repair. peroid. now this didnt happen often but it happened once and that was enough. my point is. it was rare that i wrote a ticket on an extended warranty claim that was just $100,

I extend this offer if any one needs any help, dealing with their warranty I would gladly lend my assistance, good luck, and i hope that none of what i have discussed affects any of you .

Last edited by dirtyd09stx; 03-04-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:48 PM
as far as the fee, thats arbitrary, and if you are agressive enough about it it can be waived. also the warranty company has been paid in full once your bank funded the deal, so any warranty refunds are paid to you. if you bought life, or gap insurance, i recomend that you get those refunded as well as most of those products are avaliable thru your insurance company at an extremely reduced rate.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Jezz guys. Information overload!

LOL

Anywho...its at the dealer

Old 03-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by dirtyd09stx
as far as the fee, thats arbitrary, and if you are agressive enough about it it can be waived. also the warranty company has been paid in full once your bank funded the deal, so any warranty refunds are paid to you. if you bought life, or gap insurance, i recomend that you get those refunded as well as most of those products are avaliable thru your insurance company at an extremely reduced rate.
No truer words have been spoken! We got our gap insurance (on both the new Mazda and the F150) through our insurance broker and it was a fraction of what the business manager at the dealer quoted. I told her how little it cost us through our insurance company, and she said "wow, that IS a good deal".... no ****.....

Quick Reply: Additional warranties for new truck???