2009 - 2014 F-150

anyone here get streaks down side of bed from UnderCover Bed cover?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone here get streaks down side of bed from UnderCover Bed cover?

I sure do, is this normal

as soon as it rains i get these dark streaks on sides of bed, i have never armor all'ed this cover.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Is your Undercover relatively new? I had a UC on my 06 KR and didn't have any trouble......except when the car wash guy treated it with their armor all crap - I immediatley sent it back through the wash. I know some folks have recommended using 303 on it......but I never did. Give it a good wash and see what happens.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:42 AM
I will take it off and wash it down with some simple green and see what happens, but these streaks are really annoying

Old 03-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by mulage
I will take it off and wash it down with some simple green and see what happens, but these streaks are really annoying
I dunno if I would use Simple Green.....at least dilute it. I would try Dawn - that way if you do have some sort of wax type product on it, it will strip it off. But also check the documentation that came with the UC - they should have care/cleaning instructions. Better to be safe than sorry!

Old 03-02-2010, 04:34 PM
yeah i called the Undercover company and the guy I talked to said to wash it down with 50/50 mixture of water and simple green, he thinks that it's just road grime settling in the texture of the cover and washing down when it rains, I guess I'll see.

Quick Reply: anyone here get streaks down side of bed from UnderCover Bed cover?