2009 - 2014 F-150

Sync wish list...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync wish list...

I'd like to see it be able to open my garage door with a voice command.

What (realistically) would you want?

Old 03-01-2010, 10:31 PM
i would like for it to verify the name/number you want to call. i ask to call one person and it does not understand me correct and just calls who ever it thinks you said then you have to fumble around to hang up....kinda a pain.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by heater2002L
i would like for it to verify the name/number you want to call. i ask to call one person and it does not understand me correct and just calls who ever it thinks you said then you have to fumble around to hang up....kinda a pain.
I agree with that. It has called the wrong person several times.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:44 PM
It would be great if Sync would tie in with smartphones a little more, for us owners without NAV.

For instance, if the fuel level gets low, it would be nice for it to search nearby gas stations for pricing and annouce the finding, and then give voice driving directions to the gas station.

I would like Sync to automatically try to pair up with my phone (or at least have a setting to do so) instead of my phone trying to pair up with Sync and offer internet radio choices in addition to the other media choices.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:28 AM
I just connected the free Sirius subscribtion. Does Sync allow you to use voice commands for the different channels? For instance can you request "Sirius" then request "Octane" or "Bloomberg"?

Old 03-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Haulingboat
I just connected the free Sirius subscribtion. Does Sync allow you to use voice commands for the different channels? For instance can you request "Sirius" then request "Octane" or "Bloomberg"?
I have the Nav, but yes you can call out stations by name. For example, "Sirius Fox News".

Old 03-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. Reasonably priced and accurate map updates.

2. Dealer technicians that really understand Sync.

3. A lot more data from the VHR function.

4. Reasonably priced TravelLink only option for Sirius (the Sirius sound quality sucks).

Old 03-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by BIG_ole_TRUCK
It would be great if Sync would tie in with smartphones a little more, for us owners without NAV.

For instance, if the fuel level gets low, it would be nice for it to search nearby gas stations for pricing and annouce the finding, and then give voice driving directions to the gas station.

I would like Sync to automatically try to pair up with my phone (or at least have a setting to do so) instead of my phone trying to pair up with Sync and offer internet radio choices in addition to the other media choices.
If your phone were to be 'discovered' by your truck. your phone would always need to be in 'allow other devices to see me' which could be good and bad, others could scan while you sit eating some place. and try to get contact information or other services. surprising how many people do this.

I do love my smart phone. i will never own a blackberry. personal pref i know. but i have used both. and we have mostly BB users here at work. those with the windows mobile phones would not have anything else.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by BETCHER78
If your phone were to be 'discovered' by your truck. your phone would always need to be in 'allow other devices to see me' which could be good and bad, others could scan while you sit eating some place. and try to get contact information or other services. surprising how many people do this.
Maybe a Windows phone, but not so with a Blackberry. Once the device is paired, it doesn't need to be in 'allow other devices to see me' mode.

I do love my smart phone. i will never own a blackberry. personal pref i know. but i have used both. and we have mostly BB users here at work. those with the windows mobile phones would not have anything else.
Your talking about a pretty small sample. There are MANY BB users that have come from Windows devices and would NEVER GO BACK. Look at the figures, BB blows away Windows mobile phones, as they should. A far superior device.

Quick Reply: Sync wish list...